Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacksonville Jaguars Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am not sure Wideout is a huge need, we get Dillard back next season and if he can stay healthy we willbe ok.
    QB is without a questions something we need to draft regardless if Garrard is here next year or not we need youth there.
    Interior of the Oline could be upgraded but Manuwai seems to be getting back to form, Meester will need a replacement but we might already have that person on IR.
    I wouldn't mind adding a quality tackle but don't forget Britton has been playing with back issues and then the shoulder all year, I think if he is all healed up he will improve.
    TE and RB i agree with Linebacker, we are pretty much set there as long as we resign Marcedes.
    On the Dline line it would be nice to add a quality DE to the mix, Lane has all kinds of potential, Mincey I don't think he will ever be a dominate pass rusher but he is a great rotation guy, I think Hart will improve but I don't think he will ever be an everydown DE in a 4-3 defense, Harvey will likely be gone at the end of this year and Kampman willbe back I am sure of that next season but you want to have a backup plan.
    On the DT I agree with Linebacker here too, Knighton and Alualu are starting to look dominate in games and I think that will only get better, so depth would be nice for us but that is it.
    LBers we will need to draft a solid linebacker, the only faily consistent one currently is Daryl Smith, Morrison and Durant have flashed but not enough.
    DBs I was hoping Mathis would light it up this year but it looks like he is going the wrong way so corner should be high on the needs list. Derek Cox is still solid and will make a great #2 corner or a solid #1 but I would like to see him stay in the #2 role. Safety, as much as I like Greene we need both of the safety postions fixed. Carey didn't look that bad last game but in previous ones he has looked about as lost as you can be on the field. Greene doesn't do coverage well and while he doesn't shy away from contact he also isn't a great tackler.
    Last edited by Aurawolf; 11-24-2010, 01:37 AM.

    Comment


    • 1st off on Kampman there is no reason for me to believe that he can't come back to full next season although he will be a year older we do have him for 3 more seasons and he did come back to full after tearing his other ACL last year. Im not really confident that Mincey or Derrick Harvey will ever be more than what they are now. Harvey could possibly be off the team next season and be somewhere else. Gene got a draft pick for Groves he can get one for Harvey. I could possibly see us get a DE probably not one people would expect since that seems to be our thing.

      Alualu and Knighton is the best part of our defense and will definitely anchor our defense for the next 10 years. I think our LB corps is probably a little above average I think we could get better at LB.

      Our WRs are set for a while, with Zach Miller and Marcedes Lewis we'll be set for a while on offense we might need some interior O-Lineman but other than that were pretty set.

      Thanks BoneKrusher
      IN SHAD WE TRUST

      Comment


      • lame

        Good


        MJD. He's on a roll

        Bad

        Run defense. Allowed too high a ypc.

        Garrard. Played poorly in the 2nd half

        Ugly

        O-line. They collapsed in the fourth quarter

        Pass defense. again. Cover the goddamn TE, and stop passing off guys underneath. I swear to ******* god, all the big plays the Jaguars give up

        Play calling, on both sides. They kept calling screens after they weren't working. Also, on the game winning touchdown, I ******* KNEW that Eli was going to throw to Boss for the TD. I called it. The Jaguars have never been a good blitzing team, and you're just gonna not cover Boss, who has burnt you all game? What the ****, JDR?

        by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

        Comment


        • good game guys. I was impressed with a lot of what you did and MJD is just so much sex. like, really a lot of sex.
          as is courtney "the tackling machine" greene
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
            lame

            Good


            MJD. He's on a roll

            Bad

            Run defense. Allowed too high a ypc.

            Garrard. Played poorly in the 2nd half

            Ugly

            O-line. They collapsed in the fourth quarter

            Pass defense. again. Cover the goddamn TE, and stop passing off guys underneath. I swear to ******* god, all the big plays the Jaguars give up

            Play calling, on both sides. They kept calling screens after they weren't working. Also, on the game winning touchdown, I ******* KNEW that Eli was going to throw to Boss for the TD. I called it. The Jaguars have never been a good blitzing team, and you're just gonna not cover Boss, who has burnt you all game? What the ****, JDR?
            Our safeties are just aweful. You are spot on with the blitzing, we don't have the personel back there to cover without the extra person. One good thing is the LBers play was pretty decent overall, and man does our Dline miss Kampman.

            Comment


            • Still in first place!

              Comment


              • yeah, that's the bright side I guess.

                and thanks scotty <3
                Last edited by The Unseen; 11-29-2010, 09:10 AM.

                by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Aurawolf View Post
                  Our safeties are just aweful. You are spot on with the blitzing, we don't have the personel back there to cover without the extra person. One good thing is the LBers play was pretty decent overall, and man does our Dline miss Kampman.
                  Yup, losing Kampman was possibly the worst conceivable thing that could happen to the defense this year. Now, we get zero pressure with the front four and don't have the horses in the secondary to cover if we blitz. Puts us between a rock and a hard place. You've just gotta go soft zone coverages and try to bleed the offense slowly. Hope they make a mistake by committing a turnover or a penalty. That's all they can really do on defense right now.

                  The fact that this team even has a winning record stupefies me.

                  Comment


                  • well one of the big problems we have is Garrard doesn't know how to read a blitz. Thats why you never see Garrard pointing out blitzers or anything like most QBs you usually see doing that. Thats why he never saw the Safeties sneaking up for a blitz of if he did he couldn't point them out because he doesn't really know what he is doing back there except for just throwing the ball or handing it off. Garrard is about as simple of a QB as you get back there and if yesterday wasn't the biggest example of us needing a young QB Garrard was Dr. Jeckle and Mr Hyde yesterday from the first half to the second half and that just scares me.

                    Thanks BoneKrusher
                    IN SHAD WE TRUST

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
                      well one of the big problems we have is Garrard doesn't know how to read a blitz. Thats why you never see Garrard pointing out blitzers or anything like most QBs you usually see doing that. Thats why he never saw the Safeties sneaking up for a blitz of if he did he couldn't point them out because he doesn't really know what he is doing back there except for just throwing the ball or handing it off. Garrard is about as simple of a QB as you get back there and if yesterday wasn't the biggest example of us needing a young QB Garrard was Dr. Jeckle and Mr Hyde yesterday from the first half to the second half and that just scares me.
                      QBs don't point out blitzers. They are point out the mike backer for pass protection. That's why you see Qbs before snapping the ball point ahead. Usually the QB let's the blitz come, because he and the WR are reading hot and then throw it. He can also change the protection to get the blitz picked up.

                      Actually while David G. played well in the first half, at halftime, Tuck and our leaders ripped everyone a new hole in the lockerroom. That's why we came out and looked more alive rather then the sleep walking we were doing.

                      Even Tuck said once the defense started hitting Garrard, the Jag's huddle was looking at them, like oh, here they come. And we did try to turn up the pressure on him, especially the last drive. No more 4 man rushes. We started to bring the wood, which is what we should have done early on. However, you guys were running it and running it well, so it made it hard.

                      But the speech at half time is what motivated our guys.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                        QBs don't point out blitzers. They are point out the mike backer for pass protection. That's why you see Qbs before snapping the ball point ahead. Usually the QB let's the blitz come, because he and the WR are reading hot and then throw it. He can also change the protection to get the blitz picked up.

                        Actually while David G. played well in the first half, at halftime, Tuck and our leaders ripped everyone a new hole in the lockerroom. That's why we came out and looked more alive rather then the sleep walking we were doing.

                        Even Tuck said once the defense started hitting Garrard, the Jag's huddle was looking at them, like oh, here they come. And we did try to turn up the pressure on him, especially the last drive. No more 4 man rushes. We started to bring the wood, which is what we should have done early on. However, you guys were running it and running it well, so it made it hard.

                        But the speech at half time is what motivated our guys.
                        NFL Players don't need speeches,Speeches are for High school and College Players. Plus the fact that we were passing a lot more in the second half and not running the ball as much. Saying that a speech is what turned your team around is not something to be proud of.

                        I mean I know people like to believe the whole Braveheart story and that one man can lead the battle with a speech and make them better than they were before but its just not true.

                        When your defense is lining up 4 guys on one side of the line and the QB doesn't see the blitz coming yea thats because Justin Tuck's speech. I MEAN COME ON GARRARD IT IS FREAKING OBVIOUS THERE BRINGING THE ******* HOUSE and he didn't notice it is because Justin Tuck's riveting speech OMG JUSTIN TUCK SHOULD BE A FREAKING PREACHER.
                        Last edited by GatorsBullsFan; 11-29-2010, 03:28 PM.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher
                        IN SHAD WE TRUST

                        Comment


                        • MJD is such a beast. I love him so much <3


                          But yeah, that defense just lacks talent. I like Alualhu (sp), and I LOVE Kampman (RIP to his career), but the rest of that defense is just soooo bleh.

                          And God your secondary sucks.

                          Comment


                          • It didn't help we starting passing more in the second half but I was shocked that it took as long as it did for the Giants defense to put up that much pressure. We had two second string tackles starting on the day it should have been a field day for Giant sacks. Mathis is having a bad year and Cox is doing well it is the safeties that need the help, if a corner passes on protection to Carey or Greene we are screwed since neither understands basic coverage.

                            Comment


                            • That falls on Perry Fewell to be honest. We are built to be an attacking defense, but for some reason Fewell fluctuates between his preferred Tampa 2 crap and then attacks every now and then.

                              When you see our defense in attacking mode vs passive mode, its a day and night difference. Once we starting blitzing we started seeing results on defense. When we were passive, you guys carved us up.

                              For the life of me, I cannot understand why every coordinator we have had outside of Spags couldn't figure out that this defense is built to attack.

                              Comment


                              • I love the "I just saw your team play mine. That's the only time I've seen your team play this season. Here's why you suck..." posts.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information