X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    MJD is such a beast. I love him so much <3

But yeah, that defense just lacks talent. I like Alualhu (sp), and I LOVE Kampman (RIP to his career), but the rest of that defense is just soooo bleh.

And God your secondary sucks.
    Terrance Knighton is one of the best DTs in the NFL. But yes, everything else is problematic.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

That falls on Perry Fewell to be honest. We are built to be an attacking defense, but for some reason Fewell fluctuates between his preferred Tampa 2 crap and then attacks every now and then.

When you see our defense in attacking mode vs passive mode, its a day and night difference. Once we starting blitzing we started seeing results on defense. When we were passive, you guys carved us up.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why every coordinator we have had outside of Spags couldn't figure out that this defense is built to attack.
      The whole problem with you guys attacking was first off Eugene Monroe wasn't playing and Guy Whimper was looking helpless against Osi. Second Off Garrard has to be able to see that you guys are lining 4 guys up on one side of the line and that has to be audibled or bring a WR or something across. Other than that and a few passes that hit your Defensive players right in the hands that were mostly Garrard's fault.

We beat you guys in every stat except for our QB stats. Garrard had a horrible day.

Thanks BoneKrusher
      IN SHAD WE TRUST

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
        Terrance Knighton is one of the best DTs in the NFL. But yes, everything else is problematic.
        Yeah I forgot about him. I'm a fan of his also. I like your GM, he's building the team inside out, I think the talent is there on offense, you just need a qb on offense.

But that defense needs a makeover. Supposedly this is a great draft for pass rushers, so that is a good sign for the Jags.

Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
        The whole problem with you guys attacking was first off Eugene Monroe wasn't playing and Guy Whimper was looking helpless against Osi. Second Off Garrard has to be able to see that you guys are lining 4 guys up on one side of the line and that has to be audibled or bring a WR or something across. Other than that and a few passes that hit your Defensive players right in the hands that were mostly Garrard's fault.

We beat you guys in every stat except for our QB stats. Garrard had a horrible day.
        It was a tail of 2 halves. You guys dominated the 1st half, we dominated the 2nd half. Garrard had a bad second half, no doubt.

As far as injuries go, both our teams were banged up. I'd argue that we were more banged up than you guys, so let's call that a wash.

I'd blame this loss on Garrard and Del Rio. Garrard had a bad 2nd half, and Del Rio did a bad job of managing the 2nd half. There was no excuse for Jacksonville to blow that game. They allowed us to get back into it with poor game management and poor execution in the 2nd half.

Also to be fair to Garrard, its easy to say that he needed to let it go or have a WR do a site adjustment etc, but I was at the game, and when you saw it at the stadium, you saw that nobody got open on those blitzes. He had nowhere to go with it.

Comment

• I think the Jags would have had more success if they kept running the ball, the interior of the Giants Dline is fast but somewhat light at least in thier standard packages, the way our interior line is playing they could have broken some holes in there for Mojo to go through. But this is all ideal speculation if we had success runninng then they load up 8 men in the box and blitz either way it turned out as it did.

Comment

Yeah I forgot about him. I'm a fan of his also. I like your GM, he's building the team inside out, I think the talent is there on offense, you just need a qb on offense.

But that defense needs a makeover. Supposedly this is a great draft for pass rushers, so that is a good sign for the Jags.

It was a tail of 2 halves. You guys dominated the 1st half, we dominated the 2nd half. Garrard had a bad second half, no doubt.

As far as injuries go, both our teams were banged up. I'd argue that we were more banged up than you guys, so let's call that a wash.

I'd blame this loss on Garrard and Del Rio. Garrard had a bad 2nd half, and Del Rio did a bad job of managing the 2nd half. There was no excuse for Jacksonville to blow that game. They allowed us to get back into it with poor game management and poor execution in the 2nd half.

Also to be fair to Garrard, its easy to say that he needed to let it go or have a WR do a site adjustment etc, but I was at the game, and when you saw it at the stadium, you saw that nobody got open on those blitzes. He had nowhere to go with it.
            Yes both teams are banged up but by far the strength of your Defense which is your DEs were going up against the most banged up part of our team which is our OTs and you guys definitely took advantage of that.

Thanks BoneKrusher
            IN SHAD WE TRUST

Comment

• MJD has 10 rushes for 73 yards in the first half and 11 rushes for 40 yards in the second half.

Players. Not. Plays. We simply didn't have the horses to keep up and the cream rose to the top in the second half. It's as simple as that. If we play the Giants ten times, I'm confident they beat us eight out of ten.

Comment

• Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
                NFL Players don't need speeches,Speeches are for High school and College Players. Plus the fact that we were passing a lot more in the second half and not running the ball as much. Saying that a speech is what turned your team around is not something to be proud of.

I mean I know people like to believe the whole Braveheart story and that one man can lead the battle with a speech and make them better than they were before but its just not true.

When your defense is lining up 4 guys on one side of the line and the QB doesn't see the blitz coming yea thats because Justin Tuck's speech. I MEAN COME ON GARRARD IT IS FREAKING OBVIOUS THERE BRINGING THE ******* HOUSE and he didn't notice it is because Justin Tuck's riveting speech OMG JUSTIN TUCK SHOULD BE A FREAKING PREACHER.

Of course they need speeches. Things like that start and HS like you mention, but they never go away even at the NFL level. It's about pumping yourself up and motivating yourself. Welcome to football! That's what players need and falls under the leadership category. We needed a big time speech after not showing up in the first half. Factor in booing the team by the fans and things culminated.

If you listen to the NY area media, everyone has been asking the players about the speech and booing that the players heard. So it's a huge part of football no matter what level you're in.

The Qb probably sees the blitz, but no one is open to throw the ball to. He held the ball too long, which during the game ironically the announcers said that David G. does. He paid for it then finally. But it depends on what the play was and what protection you guys had. The blitz came from his backside, so the play was meant to be from his other side. We actually showed blitz one side with the overload and then dropped back, and sent the over load side in.

Tuck's riveting speech woke our team up. We didn't even show up in the first half of the game. The team looked like they forgot they had a game on sunday. After halftime, the flow of the game changed on both sides of the ball.

David G's smile, which he sported in the first half, all of a sudden went away when we started hitting up. Things change when your team is motivated, and we had the right players to motivate us. That's leadership. The other aspects comes down to coaching then and player's execution on their end.

Comment

• No. You are most definitely not correct. People who need speeches don't have an internal drive. People who need speeches need someone to tell them what to do. The best get angry when they aren't doing well. The best don't sit and wallow in their inability to get themselves motivated. They realize this is their livelihood, that if they sit around they could lose their jobs. The BEST motivate themselves. Coaches coach, players play. Motivation comes from where it comes, but the best motivate themselves.
                  Jaguars Season Ticket Holder

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904

Comment

• Originally posted by The Linebacker View Post
                    No. You are most definitely not correct. People who need speeches don't have an internal drive. People who need speeches need someone to tell them what to do. The best get angry when they aren't doing well. The best don't sit and wallow in their inability to get themselves motivated. They realize this is their livelihood, that if they sit around they could lose their jobs. The BEST motivate themselves. Coaches coach, players play. Motivation comes from where it comes, but the best motivate themselves.
                    I am 100% correct. Motivation and getting your team mates pumped up is part of the sport. In fact it's ingrained in the very fabric of the culture of the sport. This goes for pre game speeches, half time speeches, and post game speeches. Let's not forget these are human beings and not some video game. Players in this sport need motivation to play at their best. That's the whole aspect of leadership and having the right personnel on your team. Same with coaching, and having the right HC who can motivate your team to play.

It sounds cute, when someone says, players don't need speeches or motivation, because they have to do it themselves. That's good in theory, too bad that is far from reality. Realistically, all these players have talent, but it's up to good coaching, in terms of motivation, and good leadership to bring that level of energy up so that they best can execute the game plan.

Not everyone can be a leader. Some of your best motivators and captains may not be the best players. However, they have that something that when they speech, everyone else responds.

One last example if when we played Dallas in Dallas, before Tubby got fired. We were down 20-6, and our guys, our veteran players told were going up and down the sideline constantly motivating everyone. Don't worry, we can come back, just keep fighting. And we did, and we won that game.

I watched that cowboys sideline when the tide turned and it was dead silence. Guys just sat their not engaged. And I tell the guys on their section of the board, all the time, that their team lacks leadership. No one to grab each player by the facemask and get them pumped.

Motivation via speeches or any other tool is part of the game.

Comment

• FISHER SUCKS FISHER SUCKS FISHER SUCKS

Good

MJD. Like a ******* boss. He gives me such a hard-on

Run defense. Shut down CJ for the most part.

Bad

Pass defense. As usual. Bailed by a bad QB.

Coaching. Some head scratchers, like 3rd quarter playcalling and going for it on 4th. I would have rather kicked a FG. Also Jack's challenge seems questionable, but I would have done it. Wouldn't have hurt in the slightest.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• GG guys. I actually thought this was a winnable game for the Titans since Collins was back, but apparently I overestimated his ability to just be competant and didn't take into account the defense laying down and allowing MoJo Drew to trample and roflpwn everyone.

Babies were crying. Women were looking around confused. Men were drinking the pain away. Just a horrible scene. It's like the apocolypse...except in football. Footbocolypse, if you will. And Jeff Fisher is the antichrist. Kerry Collins is just a little gremlin that Fisher screws in the inflatable practice field thingy.

Oh yeah... RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEihopeweatleastgetm allettorlockerAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• TitanHope I'd +rep you but I +repped you recently. I'd punch one of those crying babies myself if Collins was my QB.

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Well, I already had a baby massacre planned, as I explained to Doughie yesterday, so this only adds to the fire.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                              I am 100% correct. Motivation and getting your team mates pumped up is part of the sport. In fact it's ingrained in the very fabric of the culture of the sport. This goes for pre game speeches, half time speeches, and post game speeches. Let's not forget these are human beings and not some video game. Players in this sport need motivation to play at their best. That's the whole aspect of leadership and having the right personnel on your team. Same with coaching, and having the right HC who can motivate your team to play.

It sounds cute, when someone says, players don't need speeches or motivation, because they have to do it themselves. That's good in theory, too bad that is far from reality. Realistically, all these players have talent, but it's up to good coaching, in terms of motivation, and good leadership to bring that level of energy up so that they best can execute the game plan.

Not everyone can be a leader. Some of your best motivators and captains may not be the best players. However, they have that something that when they speech, everyone else responds.

One last example if when we played Dallas in Dallas, before Tubby got fired. We were down 20-6, and our guys, our veteran players told were going up and down the sideline constantly motivating everyone. Don't worry, we can come back, just keep fighting. And we did, and we won that game.

I watched that cowboys sideline when the tide turned and it was dead silence. Guys just sat their not engaged. And I tell the guys on their section of the board, all the time, that their team lacks leadership. No one to grab each player by the facemask and get them pumped.

Motivation via speeches or any other tool is part of the game.
                              Its not in theory that players don't need speeches, they are getting paid high amounts of money to play this game. that should be the only motivation they need is to keep there job. I mean you don't see the mail man out there that has 2 kids at home needing motivation. I mean I know you like to think that everyone needs that Braveheart Moments where Mel Gibson comes out with the face paint and motivates the boys to victory. But its just not what happens in the NFL a NFL player should not need motivation.

Thanks BoneKrusher
                              IN SHAD WE TRUST

Comment

• Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
                                Its not in theory that players don't need speeches, they are getting paid high amounts of money to play this game. that should be the only motivation they need is to keep there job. I mean you don't see the mail man out there that has 2 kids at home needing motivation. I mean I know you like to think that everyone needs that Braveheart Moments where Mel Gibson comes out with the face paint and motivates the boys to victory. But its just not what happens in the NFL a NFL player should not need motivation.
                                No one needs to motivation to get up, punch the clock, attend some meetings, and go through the motions... I do think it takes some level of motivation to play the game with intensity and a high level of passion. Just like it takes some level of motivation to go up and beyond what you're expected to do at your daily job.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information