Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on my forum mock results as Jags GM???

23. Adrian Clayborn DE/Iowa
    74. Travis Lewis LB/Oklahoma
    87. John Moffitt OG/Wisconsin
    119. Korey Lindsey CB/Southern Illinois
    125. Edmund Gates WR/Abilene Christian
    128. DJ Williams TE/Arkansas
    151. Eugene Clifford S/Tennessee State
    155. Cedric Thornton DT/Southern Arkansas

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Actually, all of those players look pretty good. Only problems I have deal with need. But we all know GM Gene doesn't draft need. Clayborn looks good and fills a need, Travis Lewis looks have the skill set to be a pretty good WLB. Moffit got all Big 10 first team for that nasty running game they have at Wisconsin. Korey Lindsey looks like a Nickel back kinda, looks a little slow. Gates looks to be a burner in the mold of Underwood. DJ Williams is a pass catching TE who is build like Zach Miller who is ranked pretty high. Clifford seems to be productive but I haven't seen his triangle numbers. Thornton looks to be a pretty good player with good size, could be a good back up for Knighton.

My quarrels
      1. No QB of the future
      2. The CB may be a little too slow for our division.
      3. Williams may not be necessary.

I say these things based on perceived need and the current roster makeup. If GM Gene thought these were the best players at the time of his drafting them, then I would be all for it.

If this draft panned out like the other 2 drafts so far and we ended up keeping everyone and getting starters out of our first 3 people and good backups out of the rest, the team could have fortified the LB and DL even more, almost making them complete. The interior OL would receive a boost and perhaps we could see the changing of the guard at Center, with Nwaneri moving inside. Lewis could replace Morrison and make the LB's that much faster. Clayborn would go in and rotate with Lane, Kampman, Harvey. Thornton is an intriguing pick too.

Again, I like it on sheer talent/accolades of the players/etc. The needs to really match up super well though. CB, QB, S are the 3 biggest needs and they aren't adequately addressed, but again, BAP all the way.

All Hail GM Gene!

(please excuse all of the rambling I just typed out, I realize its incoherent, but try your best to decipher it)
      Jaguars Season Ticket Holder

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904

Comment

• A few questions for Jags fans, do you expect MJD to play sunday?

Can Del Rio motivate the team to get up for a weak Redskins team after an emotional loss to the colts?

Will Ryan Torain run all over the jags like the awfull donald Brown did?

Thanks for you time and Help.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
        Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• No.

Yes.

No.

Good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Linebacker View Post
            No.

Yes.

No.

Good day.
            Thanks man

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• I don't care anymore.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I don't think there is anything to say about this game, it was pretty much all aweful and anyone who doesn't think the Jags need to draft a QB in next years draft has lost their mind.

Comment

• Garrard out vs. Texans, having surgery on his middle finger.

Trent Edwards bitchezzzz

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Also, MJD, Marcedes Lewis, and Montell Owens to the Pro Bowl. nice.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Both Garrard and Del Rio are back next year, according to Weaver.

**** **** goddamnit. Mediocrity reigns!

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• First off lets get this straight. I listened to the Wayne Weaver Press conference and I totally agree with him. Del Rio is getting another chance but we also know that Weaver did not want to go out and spend a lot of money on a big name coach and it seems like our coaching wasn't the problem this year. It was the lack of talent in a few big positions on the field. I mean no one is going to predict what we do in Free Agency, last year no one thought we would do anything big but if I remember correctly. We sign Aaron Kampman who was considered one of the top Free Agents last year and we also made a big push at bringing Darren Sharper to Jacksonville and from the rumors we offered him more money than the Saints he just felt he had a better chance of winning in New Orleans... So don't sit here and call us mediocre when people had us projected at winning 3 games this year and we turned out to be a 500 team. People had us projected to be a lot less than mediocre. We have a damn good football team and with Marcedes having what I could only call a break out year and Rashad Jennings looking like a damn good #2 back.

Kampman will be back next year and I feel back to 100% we will only get stronger through Free Agency and the Draft, hopefully grabbing that "Future QB" in the draft that we so desperately need. Also when you draft that "Future QB" it sells tickets so I don't really see our ticket sales as a problem next year.

Thanks BoneKrusher
                        IN SHAD WE TRUST

Comment

• Tell me what y'all think. Here's my roster break down from a few weeks ago...

http://blackandteal.com/2010/12/09/l...eds/#more-5603

Comment

• Sorry Man but I think CB in the first wouldn’t be the way to go. Mathis and Cox are a pretty good 1 and 2 we need depth and I don’t think you take a 3rd CB in the first round. The people I like in the first round for the Jaguars are Rahim Moore S UCLA, Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa, etc.
                            Just repeating what I posted on blackandteal

Thanks BoneKrusher
                            IN SHAD WE TRUST

Comment

• Vic is resigning to go work for the Packers.

I am devastated.

Comment

• Yeah, I saw that. Sucks.

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information