X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
    didnt expect it this soon but...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sportId=300

i'm surprised their so open about moving him.
    ok?

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
    It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
    Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
    http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
    421 Witness
    756*

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkeyeFan
      Can someone inform me on why Rodgriguez was fired?
      Because the specials teams sucked this past season, plain and simple, dead last in punting and gave up two touchdowns on special teams...that will get anyone fired...plust the dude we hired was Jack's first choice back when he came here but he wasn't available....I expect that we'll go out and get a strictly return man in the draft, probably Ted Ginn Jr. (if he's available...)

and what's with that link...I mean, I'm a rugby fan just as the next guy, but that didnt' make sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22
        Originally posted by HawkeyeFan
        Because the specials teams sucked this past season, plain and simple, dead last in punting and gave up two touchdowns on special teams...that will get anyone fired...plust the dude we hired was Jack's first choice back when he came here but he wasn't available....I expect that we'll go out and get a strictly return man in the draft, probably Ted Ginn Jr. (if he's available...)

and what's with that link...I mean, I'm a rugby fan just as the next guy, but that didnt' make sense?
        we don't need Ginn when we have Jones Drew and Pearman. Ginn would be useless because our WR need speed so Kevin Curtis would be optimum...we need a safety, fast

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

• Originally posted by leftwich7
          Originally posted by JagHombre22
          Originally posted by HawkeyeFan

we don't need Ginn when we have Jones Drew and Pearman. Ginn would be useless because our WR need speed so Kevin Curtis would be optimum...we need a safety, fast
          Blah to Ginn. I like Curtis, but I'd rather have Stallworth.

Comment

• How do you expect MOJO to carry the load once Taylor is gone? He can't return kicks and carry the ball 20 times agame as well, you saw what happened as the season came to an end, his hamstring started to bother him, a result of all the carries he had been taking...Ted Ginn Jr. would bring the speed we need at WR as well as natural ability and he would be the premiere return man...Pearman sucks, he should be released, I guarentee you that if Ted Ginn is still there when the Jags pick they'll take him...they passed on Mark Clayton two years ago and he now leads Baltimore is every receiving statistic...they won't do it again...plus you can get a pretty good safety in round two...Merriweather and Weddle are two good second round safety's...

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22
              How do you expect MOJO to carry the load once Taylor is gone? He can't return kicks and carry the ball 20 times agame as well, you saw what happened as the season came to an end, his hamstring started to bother him, a result of all the carries he had been taking...Ted Ginn Jr. would bring the speed we need at WR as well as natural ability and he would be the premiere return man...Pearman sucks, he should be released, I guarentee you that if Ted Ginn is still there when the Jags pick they'll take him...they passed on Mark Clayton two years ago and he now leads Baltimore is every receiving statistic...they won't do it again...plus you can get a pretty good safety in round two...Merriweather and Weddle are two good second round safety's...
              I don't like Ginn as a prospect. I think he's all speed and nothing else. I'd be highly disappointed if we drafted him.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen
                How do you expect MOJO to carry the load once Taylor is gone? He can't return kicks and carry the ball 20 times agame as well, you saw what happened as the season came to an end, his hamstring started to bother him, a result of all the carries he had been taking...Ted Ginn Jr. would bring the speed we need at WR as well as natural ability and he would be the premiere return man...Pearman sucks, he should be released, I guarentee you that if Ted Ginn is still there when the Jags pick they'll take him...they passed on Mark Clayton two years ago and he now leads Baltimore is every receiving statistic...they won't do it again...plus you can get a pretty good safety in round two...Merriweather and Weddle are two good second round safety's...
                I don't like Ginn as a prospect. I think he's all speed and nothing else. I'd be highly disappointed if we drafted him.
                That's how I feel about him. We need immediate impact from a receiver, because it's an immediate need. It'd be best if we took care of that during free agency, where Kevin Curtis and Donte Stallworth are probably both going to.

And I don't expect MoJo to touch the ball twenty times a game. I fully expect Greg Jones to get a hefty amount of the carries once Fred isn't here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                  Originally posted by The Unseen
                  That's how I feel about him. We need immediate impact from a receiver, because it's an immediate need. It'd be best if we took care of that during free agency, where Kevin Curtis and Donte Stallworth are probably both going to.

And I don't expect MoJo to touch the ball twenty times a game. I fully expect Greg Jones to get a hefty amount of the carries once Fred isn't here anymore.
                  Agreed. There are also other guys like Darrell Jackson or Ashley Lelie that would come cheaper, but I'd prefer Stallworth or Curtis. Lelie has enough questions about him already, though. He's pretty much all speed and nothing else, too.

I think when Fred leaves, MJD will take a role like he had with Fred Taylor, except perhaps getting enough more carries to constitute a split, and the rest to Greg Jones/whatever backup.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• If we draft WR in the first round I would be very disappointed, because like Stoner said, it's an immediate need and not something we can take 3 years to develop. I'd love to see us pick up Stallworth in FA as he'd give us the speed we need to stretch a defense. Kevin Curtis would work just fine as well.

421 Witness
                    756*

Comment

• What are some ok QB's in FA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagsfreak123
                        What are some ok QB's in FA?
                        Damon Huard is okay, but he doesn't work.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• i would say Kevin Curtis would be better than Stallworth because he requires fewer touches to be successful and Stallworth could complain about a lack of touches. Safety is the big need but i could see Linebacker as a darkhorse 2nd round pick

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

• Originally posted by leftwich7
                            i would say Kevin Curtis would be better than Stallworth because he requires fewer touches to be successful and Stallworth could complain about a lack of touches. Safety is the big need but i could see Linebacker as a darkhorse 2nd round pick
                            As an overall player right now, I like Curtis a great deal more than Stallworth (he stays healthier, he's more polished, and he's more consistent from game to game), but I really like the big play threat that Stallworth brings, and I like the fact that he's three years younger than Curtis. Curtis could seriously slow down after a year or two, as he's right near thirty (he's twenty nine years old).

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                              Originally posted by leftwich7
                              i would say Kevin Curtis would be better than Stallworth because he requires fewer touches to be successful and Stallworth could complain about a lack of touches. Safety is the big need but i could see Linebacker as a darkhorse 2nd round pick
                              As an overall player right now, I like Curtis a great deal more than Stallworth (he stays healthier, he's more polished, and he's more consistent from game to game), but I really like the big play threat that Stallworth brings, and I like the fact that he's three years younger than Curtis. Curtis could seriously slow down after a year or two, as he's right near thirty (he's twenty nine years old).
                              I completely agree with this, Stallworth has so much more potential to make the big plays and thats all we need from him.

421 Witness
                              756*

Comment

• Originally posted by jag
                                Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                                Originally posted by leftwich7
                                I completely agree with this, Stallworth has so much more potential to make the big plays and thats all we need from him.
                                If we do acquire Stallworth, I'd still like to see us draft Anthony Gonzales from Ohio State or Steve Smith from USC in the second round or so. Stallworth would give us big play potential, but we'd still be missing a crafty route runner who can gain separation from defensive backs. Gonzales did most of his damage in college working out of the slot and getting matched up with linebackers and safeties, and he'd be perfect in a role like that here.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information