X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do u think we can finaly beat NE?

Comment

Originally posted by jag
      I think Brian Williams is fine at CB, and moving him to FS would be no better than having Deon Grant back there. I too am not a fan of McClauly, so I defenitly don't like that pick. Unless we trade away Lefty, and Garrard doesn't look too well in these last 2 games. I don't see us drafting QB round 1. What I would like is (pending Garrards play) Trade Leftwich for a secound round pick, and use it too trade up for Laron Landry.
      Yeah, I'm not a big McCauley fan, either. However, the idea of moving Williams to safety (if we draft a great prospect at corner) is intriguiging. I remember Vic saying before the draft last year that he wouldn't be suprised if we picked Cromartie and eventually moved Brian Williams to safety. He certainly has the skillset.

And jag, I really don't think Lefty is going to get dealt. I made a pretty long post about it in the 2007 NFL Draft forum under Unseen's "Apology to Scott" thread. I think if one of the quarterbacks is going to get traded, it's going to be Garrard.

Comment

Originally posted by jag
        The thing is, were not in a tough spot. We're in a really good spot. We have no pressing needs, and are going to be free to take BPA. And I really don't think WOLB is a big need either, Griesen has played well, and when Mike Peterson returns from injury he will likely make the transisition to WOLB which is a much more natural position to him.

So as of now I see our needs looking like this.

FS
        DE
        CB(minor)
        What I mean is that we are in a bad (tough) draft slot because our needs are very similar to those of other teams ahead of us and hence, we will be hard pressed to get good value out of our first round choice specifically. Take a good look at team needs and other mock drafts and you will see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
          Originally posted by jag
          I think Brian Williams is fine at CB, and moving him to FS would be no better than having Deon Grant back there. I too am not a fan of McClauly, so I defenitly don't like that pick. Unless we trade away Lefty, and Garrard doesn't look too well in these last 2 games. I don't see us drafting QB round 1. What I would like is (pending Garrards play) Trade Leftwich for a secound round pick, and use it too trade up for Laron Landry.
          Yeah, I'm not a big McCauley fan, either. However, the idea of moving Williams to safety (if we draft a great prospect at corner) is intriguiging. I remember Vic saying before the draft last year that he wouldn't be suprised if we picked Cromartie and eventually moved Brian Williams to safety. He certainly has the skillset.

And jag, I really don't think Lefty is going to get dealt. I made a pretty long post about it in the 2007 NFL Draft forum under Unseen's "Apology to Scott" thread. I think if one of the quarterbacks is going to get traded, it's going to be Garrard.
          To be honest, that is where I had derived the idea from.

Cromartie and McCauley are phyiscal clones of each other: Cromartie has 1 inch and 5 pounds on McCauley, both have excellent verticals and ran a sub 4.4 40. Same strengths (leaping ability, hip fluidity, instincts) and similar weaknesses (gamblers, hands). The one difference is that McCauley is a better tackler.

But McCauley's current year left much to be desired. If we drafted him, Brian Williams would have to shift over to FS, not that he has played bad, but because McCauley is simply a taller, faster corner with better instincts albeit less physical. Brian Williams has the skillset to play both positions and this way, we would upgrade not only our DB's (BWill >> Deon Grant) but also our set of Corners.

It may turn out in our best interests, especially if we miss out on the elite FS's.

Comment

Originally posted by nshelat1
            Originally posted by yourfavestoner
            Originally posted by jag

To be honest, that is where I had derived the idea from.

Cromartie and McCauley are phyiscal clones of each other: Cromartie has 1 inch and 5 pounds on McCauley, both have excellent verticals and ran a sub 4.4 40. Same strengths (leaping ability, hip fluidity, instincts) and similar weaknesses (gamblers, hands). The one difference is that McCauley is a better tackler.

But McCauley's current year left much to be desired. If we drafted him, Brian Williams would have to shift over to FS, not that he has played bad, but because McCauley is simply a taller, faster corner with better instincts albeit less physical. Brian Williams has the skillset to play both positions and this way, we would upgrade not only our DB's (BWill >> Deon Grant) but also our set of Corners.

It may turn out in our best interests, especially if we miss out on the elite FS's.
            If we do draft McCauley, I think we'll keep Brian Williams at corner for one more season. I think it would be pretty suicidal for us to throw McCauley into the mix as a rookie, as he's extremely raw. In a best case scenario, Darius will come back healthy, and he and Sensabaugh will man the safety positions. The coaching staff will then probably bring McCauley along slowly, much like how San Diego has done with Cromartie. Since next year is the last year on Darius' contract (I believe), then after nest season, Sensabaugh will likely take over at Darius' strong safety spot, Williams will probably move to free safety, and McCauley will man the RCB spot.

God damn. Just think of how good our pass defense would be.

Comment

I definitly agree with that, I think that if we draft any CB we'll have too wait a year before moving Brian to FS. The only way I see us trading Lefty is if we get offered a sick package of picks. Which I really don't see anybody who would want him enough. Plus I really feel more comfortable with Leftwich starting anyways. Whenever Garrad plays I'm always waiting for a big pass, but it never comes. With Leftwich our passing game is so much more consistent. Though he will rarely light you up, he always has Decent stats. Rather than Garrard with his 80 yard passing efforts, and how whenever the ball is thrown over 20 yards I lose all faith in the play. I just can't stand that feeling, of knowing that the play won't work.

Ok I'm done, this rant is pointless.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
              It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
              Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
              http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
              421 Witness
              756*

Comment

Originally posted by jag
                I definitly agree with that, I think that if we draft any CB we'll have too wait a year before moving Brian to FS. The only way I see us trading Lefty is if we get offered a sick package of picks. Which I really don't see anybody who would want him enough. Plus I really feel more comfortable with Leftwich starting anyways. Whenever Garrad plays I'm always waiting for a big pass, but it never comes. With Leftwich our passing game is so much more consistent. Though he will rarely light you up, he always has Decent stats. Rather than Garrard with his 80 yard passing efforts, and how whenever the ball is thrown over 20 yards I lose all faith in the play. I just can't stand that feeling, of knowing that the play won't work.

That's why I don't think the FO trades Leftwich. They aren't going to get a great glob in return, and he's still got potential and has been proven to be successful.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen
                  Originally posted by jag

That's why I don't think the FO trades Leftwich. They aren't going to get a great glob in return, and he's still got potential and has been proven to be successful.
                  Edgar Allen Poe really was the first emo kid ever, but he had a real reason to cut himself. And can the Jags please give up one of their backs this offseason? Its just not fair to have Fast Freddy, Greg "The one and only, you can't clone me" Jones and MJD on the team. The league is all about parody guys, come on.

Comment

Do you want Alvin Pearman?

421 Witness
                    756*

Comment

Originally posted by jag
                      What about LeBrandon Toefield, he still around?

Comment

I belive he is.

421 Witness
                        756*

Comment

Originally posted by locseti
                          Originally posted by jag
                          What about LeBrandon Toefield, he still around?
                          Yeah. He's set to be a free agent this offseason.

Comment

Moss and Porter for The load and Lord Byron...You can throw in Toefield too.

Comment

five decent running backs, thats ridiculous

Comment

imagine if you guys ran the full house, having Fast Freddy, The Load and MJD all in the backfield.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information