Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys honestly need a reciever? I keep seeing that "Jags should try and nab ______". With Jones, Williams (who I guess started to improve last year) and Wilford, I think thats a decent trio, and that those guys' development should be priority #1 instead of trying to get talent to over run those guys.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Originally posted by leftwich7 View Post
      Why Pashos, is he there for depth? What are we going to do with Richard Collier whom I know the coaches love
      Apparently, Pashos will start, and Mo Williams will compete with Khalif Barnes for left tackle. It pretty much means that Mike Williams is gone.

About Collier...I dunno. He looked like a great prospect. He may be one of those perennial jars on the shelf. I think the Jaguars made this move because they saw a chance to upgrade and they seized it.

To bearfan: They aren't bad, and I think they'll improve, but I think they need a speed complement to make the defense worry about instead of just single covering and going for the run/on the blitz.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• bearsfan: The Jaguars are pursuing an upgrade to Ernest Wilford, who will barring unforeseen circumstances be gone next year.

They want to bring in a player who will consistantly produce from the slot with caliber speed and agility.

I'm very favorable to Drew Carter. A restricted free agent, he was given the low tag, which will require the Jaguars to just give a 5th-round pick up to gain him. He has upside, and he's more of a pure burner then any of our current WRs.

Comment

• Draft Needs

I'm a fan of the Jags somewhat, Giants are my team but I like the Jaguars as well, mostly cause of Leftwich's days at Marshall...

I know a bit about the team but not as much as the average fan, just wondering what you feel their needs are?

I'm thinking they could use an upgrade over Deon Grant, he's on the decline in my opinion. Possibly LB help, although they have potential there in Ingram and Iwuh. A WR to compliment Jones, as it looks like Wilford is a red zone target at best and Williams is looking like a wasted pick, sorry to say.

Thoughts?

Paul

New York Giants
          New York Yankees
          New York Knicks (unfortunately)
          UConn Basketball
          Virginia Tech Football
          UConn Football

Comment

• What do you think it would take to pry away Bobby McCray from you guys. I see he has a first round tender, would he be worth a trade of a 2nd and 5th round pick or so? I think he'd give us a hybrid 3-4 OLB with a 4-3 DE in the mold of a more sizeable Jason Taylor. As a Pittsburgh Fan I wouldn't even mind a 1st for McCray and a 4th.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
              What do you think it would take to pry away Bobby McCray from you guys. I see he has a first round tender, would he be worth a trade of a 2nd and 5th round pick or so? I think he'd give us a hybrid 3-4 OLB with a 4-3 DE in the mold of a more sizeable Jason Taylor. As a Pittsburgh Fan I wouldn't even mind a 1st for McCray and a 4th.
              Well, 1st round is minimum. You could have him next year if we don't re-sign him and therefore goes UFA. However, I'm willing to bet almost anything he gets a contract extension within that time.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• The Jaguars don't have a need that stands up and yells at you. Especially if they re-sign Deon Grant. It's more of who do they want more.

I think the Jaguars want safety in the first round the most, free safety moreso. Deon Grant may or may not re-sign. Donovin Darius is nearing the end of his career, and Gerald Sensabaugh is probably his heir. Wide receiver would be draft suicide in the first round, considering the Jaguars history. Especially if we sign an FA WR.

Linebacker would be a good pick for BAP in the first, but it's less than the others. We have our starters; the likely pick would be groomed to replace Mike Peterson if he regresses or if Clint Ingram isn't what he's cracked up to be for some reason.

Defensive end is kinda the same way. Paul Spicer is getting older, and Reggie Hayward may be a question mark. Bobby McCray's proven himself, but is he a long-term starter? In the end, it's another BAP thing.

Other later round picks that would be good are TE, CB, P, and some repeat positions or maybe even RB.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Kyle Brady's a Pat.

wow...

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                    Well, 1st round is minimum. You could have him next year if we don't re-sign him and therefore goes UFA. However, I'm willing to bet almost anything he gets a contract extension within that time.
                    Well the thing is, you signed him to a 1st round tender. But doesn't mean you can't trade him for less.

I doubt it Happens, but I think he'd be better than Jarvis Moss or anyone we could pick at #15.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                      Wide receiver would be draft suicide in the first round, considering the Jaguars history. Especially if we sign an FA WR.
                      I think Donte Stallworth would be a great signing. Do the Jags have the cash to spend?

Paul

New York Giants
                      New York Yankees
                      New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                      UConn Basketball
                      Virginia Tech Football
                      UConn Football

Comment

• You ruined it. They were the only team with just one thread in their forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          You ruined it. They were the only team with just one thread in their forum.
                          I forgot to say that...

I think I'm gonna ask a mod to merge this thread.

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
                            I think Donte Stallworth would be a great signing. Do the Jags have the cash to spend?
                            yeah. However, indications are that the Jaguars aren't going to go after guys like Curtis or Stallworth because they'll garner too much cash. Word is that they're gonna try to get a No.2/3 speed guy rather than a guy who wants to be a #1.

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• good riddance to Kyle...I hope they try to throw him the ball...they will quickly learn that he has no hands...

Comment

• What do you think about the sgining of OT Pasoh

Jags:8-8
                                Duke B-Ball:22-10
                                Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
                                4/16/07 R.I.P VT
                                sig by jackalope

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information