Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacksonville Jaguars Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This isn't new behavior by Garrard, either. He was constantly throwing balls right into the hands of defenders last year, too. This year, the defense just happens to be taking the ball away.

    Comment


    • Hell Im ready to give Quinn Gray a chance maybe he will be better than the turnover machine...Damn


      Thanks DLS42 for the amazing job!

      "We are Penn State"
      -Brother Matthew-

      Comment


      • In other news... Vince Manuwai resigned to a long-term (?) deal.

        JACKSONVILLE -- Four-year veteran Vincent Manuwai, half of a Jacksonville Jaguars' guard duet that has emerged in 2006 as one of the NFL's top interior blocking tandems, has agreed to a long-term contract extension with the team.

        Terms of the extension, which was confirmed by team sources, were not yet available. Manuwai was not available in the Jacksonville locker room on Sunday evening following the Jaguars' loss to the New England Patriots.

        The deal keeps Manuwai, who has been a starter at left guard since his 2003 rookie season with the Jags, off the unrestricted free agent market in the spring. Manuwai played the 2006 season for a base salary of $721,600, the one-year qualifying offer for a restricted free agent.

        While guards don't always cash in big in free agency, Manuwai would almost certainly have generated a lot of suitors. The former University of Hawaii star is a durable performer, only 26 years old, and has gotten better every year in the league.

        Many pro personnel directors around the NFL feel that Manuwai has performed at a Pro Bowl level this season, although he was not selected for the annual all-star game. Jaguars right guard Chris Naeole also has enjoyed a stellar season, and the play of the two is a big factor for a unit that entered the weekend ranked as the NFL's second-best rushing offense.

        A third-round choice in the 2003 draft, and projected to be taken much higher, Manuwai came into the NFL as a pure mauler in the running game. But his technique has improved every season and, while he remains a tough in-line blocker, Manuwai has learned to use his hands well, and his pass protection skills have been enhanced as a result.

        In four seasons, Manuwai has appeared in 62 of a possible 63 games, all but one of them as a starter.

        Len Pasquarelli is an NFL senior writer for ESPN.com.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nshelat1
          In other news... Vince Manuwai resigned to a long-term (?) deal.

          JACKSONVILLE -- Four-year veteran Vincent Manuwai, half of a Jacksonville Jaguars' guard duet that has emerged in 2006 as one of the NFL's top interior blocking tandems, has agreed to a long-term contract extension with the team.

          Terms of the extension, which was confirmed by team sources, were not yet available. Manuwai was not available in the Jacksonville locker room on Sunday evening following the Jaguars' loss to the New England Patriots.

          The deal keeps Manuwai, who has been a starter at left guard since his 2003 rookie season with the Jags, off the unrestricted free agent market in the spring. Manuwai played the 2006 season for a base salary of $721,600, the one-year qualifying offer for a restricted free agent.

          While guards don't always cash in big in free agency, Manuwai would almost certainly have generated a lot of suitors. The former University of Hawaii star is a durable performer, only 26 years old, and has gotten better every year in the league.

          Many pro personnel directors around the NFL feel that Manuwai has performed at a Pro Bowl level this season, although he was not selected for the annual all-star game. Jaguars right guard Chris Naeole also has enjoyed a stellar season, and the play of the two is a big factor for a unit that entered the weekend ranked as the NFL's second-best rushing offense.

          A third-round choice in the 2003 draft, and projected to be taken much higher, Manuwai came into the NFL as a pure mauler in the running game. But his technique has improved every season and, while he remains a tough in-line blocker, Manuwai has learned to use his hands well, and his pass protection skills have been enhanced as a result.

          In four seasons, Manuwai has appeared in 62 of a possible 63 games, all but one of them as a starter.

          Len Pasquarelli is an NFL senior writer for ESPN.com.
          Like I said in the NFL thread...good news.

          by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

          Comment


          • Very good news. I still want them to find a place on the line for Norman, though. That kid's a beast, and he can play any position. He was great last year when filling in for Meester, and he was virtually flawless when he stepped in for Barnes against Houston.

            One of our jars on the shelf.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by yourfavestoner
              Very good news. I still want them to find a place on the line for Norman, though. That kid's a beast, and he can play any position. He was great last year when filling in for Meester, and he was virtually flawless when he stepped in for Barnes against Houston.

              One of our jars on the shelf.
              Kinda off to the side here, but Vic is really looking stupid for how much he was pimping the Jaguars pre-Tennessee. "Real division champions", "Like the Ravens of 2000", "Capable of doing something like the Steelers last year".

              I know, I know. It was just predictions, and it's what I've and ever Jags fan hoped, but they were pretty lofty, and now they've been shot down.

              by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

              Comment


              • Jets won all hope is lost

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jagsfreak123
                  Jets won all hope is lost
                  Well...not yet.

                  Basically, we're banking on:
                  Tenessee to lose to New England :)
                  New York Jets to lose to Oakland
                  Cincinatti Bengals to lose to Pittsburgh :?

                  Oh yeah. And we have to win as well. Our fate will be decided before the late-afternoon games.

                  GO JAGS!!!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by nshelat1
                    Originally posted by Jagsfreak123
                    Jets won all hope is lost
                    Well...not yet.

                    Basically, we're banking on:
                    Tenessee to lose to New England :)
                    New York Jets to lose to Oakland
                    Cincinatti Bengals to lose to Pittsburgh :?

                    Oh yeah. And we have to win as well. Our fate will be decided before the late-afternoon games.

                    GO JAGS!!!!
                    Chances are slim, but one must hold out hope, I suppose.

                    by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                    Comment


                    • You guys resigned Manuwai, I hate you. :evil:

                      That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by draftguru151
                        You guys resigned Manuwai, I hate you. :evil:
                        Not my fault

                        by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                        Comment


                        • NE will rest there startes oak is oak and cincy will more than likely kill pitt

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by The Unseen
                            Originally posted by draftguru151
                            You guys resigned Manuwai, I hate you. :evil:
                            Not my fault
                            Yes it is. :evil:

                            That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by draftguru151
                              Originally posted by The Unseen
                              Originally posted by draftguru151
                              You guys resigned Manuwai, I hate you. :evil:
                              Not my fault
                              Yes it is. :evil:
                              whatevah

                              by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                              Comment


                              • I've been gone for a while and all I can say is...

                                Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                                It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                                Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                                http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                                421 Witness
                                756*

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information