X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Oliver

Interesting Article about a potential top ten draft pick next year:

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=654629

I'd love to take this guy, he seems to come with a risk though. But wasnt he the only guy to shut calvin johnson down? We are also very thin at Cornerback...Thoughts?
    hate him back, it works for me.

I'd give a 4th for him. CJ was shut down more than once. Once by Eric Weddle.
    Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

It said he was out of shape during the workouts, do you think that will scare San Diego and Atlanta(?) out of the running? I think it'd be ok for us because he's an immense talent and he will spend a year behind Ty Law and Surtain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
        It said he was out of shape during the workouts, do you think that will scare San Diego and Atlanta(?) out of the running? I think it'd be ok for us because he's an immense talent and he will spend a year behind Ty Law and Surtain.
        San Diego doesn't even have a 3rd round pick next year. So unless they are willing to give up a 2nd then they likely have no chance at him. Hell, Denver and Oakland don't have 3rd round picks next year either. I think it's kind of funny we are the only team in the division with a 3rd round pick.

Comment

I hope a fourth would be adequate to get him, but I am betting a third will be what we'd have to give up. The question: Is he worth that high of a pick?
          Also, what about Gaither?

Comment

I think he is worth a 3rd.
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I'm not sure, but that's mostly out of ignorance. I live up in Iowa where the only football on TV is Big Ten. And even then I don't pay too much attention to the players.
              I think since he was out of shape that will scare a lot of teams off. During the supplemental draft, do teams know what the other teams willing to give up for a player prior to the draft or what?

Comment

Apparently since we were a playoff team, we have the last priority in terms of the supplemental draft. So if someone like the falcons offer a fourth, to beat that we'd have to offer our third.

Comment

3rd pick isn't all that bad this would be a nice pick up for KC who really need a young CB plus he can learn from Law.
                  Taking a Knapp.

Comment

I tend to agree with that. He'll have a good year behind Ty Law and Surtain, and then his second year in the league, we can drop Surtain or Law(who's a huge part of our salary cap), draft a first day Cornerback....and keep infusing our defense with immense talent. I say first day CB because I'd like to see us beef up our O-Line eventually too....

Comment

The supplemental draft reviews are out. Scott has Paul Oliver projecting better as a safety than a CB. I'd say we are stacked at Safety, so we might not take him. What's the difference anyways? Cornerbacks are generally faster and can't tackle as well?
                      I think I bought into the hype about this guy because he is only a three-star prospect, which barely squeeks him into the top ten of CB's this year. I would still take the guy because of us running a Cover-2 Scheme.

Comment

I don't see the appeal right now. I would rather build through the draft and get a better body of work to look at before taking a guy who had to leave college early for poor grades. I wouldn't be totally suprised for us to jump into the suppelmental draft at some point given the amount of late round picks we have accumulated, but I would rather go after one of the offensive lineman right now and sort out the DB's in the offseason.

Comment

That'd be awesome, get that guy out of Nebraska... Gaither seems like a bust to me....

Due to poor grades, according to this Psychology class, they measure different intelligences too, athletics being one of them. Now, I still find it tough to believe that a guy can't get passing grades when the college assimilates his entire class schedule around that(speculation). His one claim to fame is that he shut down CJ. But that in itself poses too many variables to correctly say that, "Having Paul Oliver out in the secondary made CJ have a bad game"

I think with his bad grades, Oliver might drop to a 5 or 6th round pick, then I say we take a shot at him. I don't think Herm likes to use high end picks for Secondary.

Comment

he has used 2nd/3rd/4th rounders on Secondary.

I wouldn't put it passed herm to use a 3rd rounder on Oliver.
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Yes, Secondary, but has he used them on Cornerbacks? I think it depends if Herm falls in love with him or not. Would you guys' be upset if he used a third round on Paul Oliver

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information