2008 Chiefs offseason/free agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Chiefs offseason/free agency

Sign FA RT Max Starks from the Steelers and draft the best OG with outstanding footwork in rd 1, Michael Oher.
    Oher is a giant and has the best footwork of any OL prospect. He is smart, tough,and a mauler in the running game.
    KC needs to improve their OL and these two guys are the answer. Both are young and would be much needed assets for the future.

LT-McIntosh
    LG-Waters
    C-Niswanger
    RG-Oher
    RT-Starks

Draft
    1.Michael Oher OG/OT Ole Miss
    2.Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech
    or Dwight SmithCB San Diego State
    3.Tony Hills OT Texas(depth)

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

If Oher declares it makes sense.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

One way or the other we are going to have to get OLine help in both FA and the draft. What's really unfortunate is that I believe we are going to have to trade Brian Waters in the offseason also because he just doesn't fit what we are trying to do scheme wise. It's going to be a major re-tooling project that will probably take years to complete. A few weeks ago I would have suggested that we take a guard or center in the first couple of rounds because I though we might be picking in the 18-24 range, but now looking at the remaining schuedule I imagine we will be picking more in the 8-14 range and should be able to be able to get get good value at the Tackle position at that spot. It's just hard to get a good Tackle in FA as teams won't let them go. I have been very disappointed in McIntosh this year as he has gotten no push to speak of this year and will probably need to be released. It will be interesting as we progress through the rest of the season. I'm hoping that part of the problem was Huard, but I seriously doubt that it is.

Comment

Waters doesn't fit? I disagree. Waters is a big, physical, aggressive, quick, and athletic guard who fits into multiple schemes. Waters is the only productive offensive lineman the Chiefs have. McIntosh is terrible, Weigmann is undersized, Welbourne hasn't played well since he was suspended for roids, right tackle is a revolving door.

I liked what I saw out of Niswanger on Sunday, I think there is a lot of potential there, although I think he'd be better at center. I'm not counting on Svitek anymore, and none of the other young linemen mean anything to me. A massive retooling effort must be conducted this off-season. Going into '08, this is how the line looks right now:

LT- open
        LG- Brian Waters
        C- Rudy Niswanger
        RG- open
        RT- open

I'm not a big fan of Starks, but I like the potential of Oher, I think he could eventually be a starting tackle in the league, but until then guard would be a good place for him to get his feet wet.

Comment

Sign Alan Faneca-OG
          Sign B.J. Sams-KR/PR

1.Ryan Clady
          2.Tony Hills
          3. Best Available Corner

RT-Tony Hills
          RG-Alan Faneca
          C-Niswanger
          LG-Waters
          LT-Ryan Clady

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
          Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

I think
            OL
            OL
            then Godfrey, Castille, Chevis Jackson, Darnell Terrell, patrick lee in the 3rd

Cromartie, jenkins, jenkins, aqib, thomas, bowman, porter and lowrey will all be goone by the third i think
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
              Waters doesn't fit? I disagree. Waters is a big, physical, aggressive, quick, and athletic guard who fits into multiple schemes. Waters is the only productive offensive lineman the Chiefs have. McIntosh is terrible, Weigmann is undersized, Welbourne hasn't played well since he was suspended for roids, right tackle is a revolving door.

I liked what I saw out of Niswanger on Sunday, I think there is a lot of potential there, although I think he'd be better at center. I'm not counting on Svitek anymore, and none of the other young linemen mean anything to me. A massive retooling effort must be conducted this off-season. Going into '08, this is how the line looks right now:

LT- open
              LG- Brian Waters
              C- Rudy Niswanger
              RG- open
              RT- open

I'm not a big fan of Starks, but I like the potential of Oher, I think he could eventually be a starting tackle in the league, but until then guard would be a good place for him to get his feet wet.
              I love Brian Waters, but looking at what we are doing we are looking for pure strength guys on both our running and passing plays. That is not where Waters excels. He is at his best when we use his athletisism working outside on sweeps, screens, and draws. Those plays that have virtually been wiped out of our play book. He is still not a bad player by any means, but given his age if we were ever going to get good value for him now would be the time. If we are going to re-tool this thing we probable should blow it up and start over and that's why I belive he needs to go.

Comment

I say sign Faneca OG

Draft

1. Sam Baker LT(I believe we will pick high enough to get him)
                2. Terrell Thomas CB
                3. Shannon Tevega OG

LT Sam Baker
                LG Brian Waters
                C Rudy Niswanger
                RG Alan Faneca
                RT Damion McIntosh

Comment

Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
                  I love Brian Waters, but looking at what we are doing we are looking for pure strength guys on both our running and passing plays. That is not where Waters excels. He is at his best when we use his athletisism working outside on sweeps, screens, and draws. Those plays that have virtually been wiped out of our play book. He is still not a bad player by any means, but given his age if we were ever going to get good value for him now would be the time. If we are going to re-tool this thing we probable should blow it up and start over and that's why I belive he needs to go.
                  I disagree with your assessment of Waters, except for the "he is not a bad player by any means" part. But the time to blow this thing up and rebuild passed when the Chiefs signed LJ to that huge deal. Imagine the bounty we could have had for him...but now we are hamstrung by his contract, trying to jettison aging players will add dead weight to the salary cap.

Comment

Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                    I disagree with your assessment of Waters, except for the "he is not a bad player by any means" part. But the time to blow this thing up and rebuild passed when the Chiefs signed LJ to that huge deal. Imagine the bounty we could have had for him...but now we are hamstrung by his contract, trying to jettison aging players will add dead weight to the salary cap.

Don't disagree, and to clarify when I said blow it up and start over I was actually refering to the O-Line. In Vermil's system we could use smaller, more athletic lineman. Edwards system calls for the bigger and less mobile guys. I believe if we put Waters on the market now we could still get a 2nd round pick for him. If we don't this year we will never get the same type of value and will probably eventually have to let him go for nothing. Again, this isn't because he isn't a good player but it's a matter of timing and where we are in our building process which makes me think this would be the time to make a move.

Comment

I'm loving Chris Williams. I think he is a beast. Not only huge but athletic.

Comment

Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
                        Don't disagree, and to clarify when I said blow it up and start over I was actually refering to the O-Line. In Vermil's system we could use smaller, more athletic lineman. Edwards system calls for the bigger and less mobile guys. I believe if we put Waters on the market now we could still get a 2nd round pick for him. If we don't this year we will never get the same type of value and will probably eventually have to let him go for nothing. Again, this isn't because he isn't a good player but it's a matter of timing and where we are in our building process which makes me think this would be the time to make a move.
                        Oh ok, yeah, I get you.

Comment

We should draft Tony Temple in the later rounds...he went to Rockhurst, so he's automatically a stud at life

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Temple is trying to get another year of elgibility because he played 1 game his freshman year and then got hurt. I think we should draft a QB in the 3rd round if Croyle sucks(Josh Johnson maybe) and then get Jordy Nelson to replace Eddie Kennison in the 4th round. And one more idea all though it wont happen...TRADE LJ FOR ALL THAT WE CAN GET

Comment

Originally posted by bspen4 View Post
                              Temple is trying to get another year of elgibility because he played 1 game his freshman year and then got hurt. I think we should draft a QB in the 3rd round if Croyle sucks(Josh Johnson maybe) and then get Jordy Nelson to replace Eddie Kennison in the 4th round. And one more idea all though it wont happen...TRADE LJ FOR ALL THAT WE CAN GET
                              Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can only get a medical redshirt the season that you get hurt, not three years after the fact

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information