Chiefs' 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJC View Post
    Im jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon, adschofield already welcomed me too haha. I've been following the Chiefs some since the Priest days, and more last year when they drafted Dwayne Bowe, being a LSU fan. You've guys had a great draft so far, and it's only going to get better. It would be even more amazing if you guys can pull out something like Manningham/Doucet/Caldwell, Collins/Nicks/Cousins, and Avril/Ellis/Johnston, and still have picks to take BPA and some more olineman tommorow. I think you'll get more than 5 solid starters from this draft. Im pretty impressed thus far though.
    Welcome! ;)

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

my possible KC 3rd round

3a. Early Doucet or Earl Bennett
      3b. Charles Godfrey
      3c. Anthony Collins

Comment

wow.......
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Dan Connor is still available, can he play MLB? I think there's still a top tier guard available too...
          hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
            We (Toon, myself, and Vidae) talked about this in IRC, but what about taking Jamaal Charles in the 3rd? He would be at worst a great complement to LJ and could develop into a great starter...It would give us some insurance and plus Charles is a great receiver out of the backfield

Wow..Was Peterson in the room with you guys? :)

Comment

Yea, good call...what's up with that tight end though?

Comment

IDK, the Cottam pick isn't horrible considering Gailey likes to run 2-TE sets, but I would have liked to go someplace else

Oh, and I love the Charles pick

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Scott said this Morgan guy could be the best safety coming out...not too shabby either. I'm surprised we haven't addressed WR yet though.

Comment

We really went with two boom or bust guys in tround 3 with Cottam and Morgan. There is a chance these guys could be stars or could be horrible. All said though we are bringing some serious talent into training camp this year.

Comment

I thought you guys had a great day 1 and were set to really take off today but lackluster picks by yall to say the least.

A backup RB in round 3, even with LJ and Smith on the roster?

A backup TE in round 3?

I like the Morgan pick but did you really need another safety that high?

I mean not that the players are bad but damn, your GM went for backups and lesser needs instead of hitting on the OL, WR and even another CB that would really help you guys out.

Comment

Well, it's a two-back league and Charles will come in and spell LJ, who really showed the effects of overuse last year...He's a perfect complement and is everything that LJ is not. He could end up stealing LJ's job

Cottam...Ehh it's an ok pick...Gailey likes 2-TE sets and Cottam has solid tools and could take over for Tony G in a couple of years.

I love the Morgan pick...Page and pollard were disapointing last year, and one of them is going to lose their job...Plus Morgan is a much better fit for the Cover 2.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                        Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

lol

I like the last few picks. I was hoping for OL when Morgan was picked, but he could probably take over a spot from Page or Pollard. I like the TE pick. He's big, quick, and can learn behind the best TE in nfl history for a year or two.

Jamaal Charles compliments LJ so well it's stupid. He was a great pick.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                            I thought you guys had a great day 1 and were set to really take off today but lackluster picks by yall to say the least.

A backup TE in round 3?

I mean not that the players are bad but damn, your GM went for backups and lesser needs instead of hitting on the OL, WR and even another CB that would really help you guys out.

Morgan will be a dime back if he doesn't start at safety. He is versitle and replaces what Benny Sapp used to do for us. Cottam is replacing Jason Dunn which is a big piece on our offense. Charles didn't really fit a need but he was awfully talented to be there at the top of round 3. There is some sense to this. I imagine Peterson has a guard in that later rounds that he likes and you can't argue with his history of drafting interior lineman.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

A backup TE in round 3?

I'm kind of dissappointed with our 3rd round also. I like the Charles pick because Charles is a stud and a great compliment to LJ. If LJ doesn't step his game up he could be out of KC in a couple years. The TE wasn't a bad pick because we lost Dunn and Wilson, but I would of rather had Doucet or Zuttah. I don't like the Morgan pick. I like his potential, but I would've rather had a WR(Manningam) or Zuttah. Herm said he wanted 6 starters out of this draft, but he used our 3 3rd's on backups.
                              Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                                lol

I like the last few picks. I was hoping for OL when Morgan was picked, but he could probably take over a spot from Page or Pollard. I like the TE pick. He's big, quick, and can learn behind the best TE in nfl history for a year or two.

Jamaal Charles compliments LJ so well it's stupid. He was a great pick.
                                Page has no business being replaced, and although Pollard had some struggle I still think he could be a very good safety. I would rather see Morgan play some corner and rotate at safety, and maybe have him line up across from Flowers in a few years.

I just don't get passing on a guy who could come in and start for us like Zuttah 3 times.
                                Last edited by Ho0k Em'; 04-27-2008, 10:26 AM.
                                Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information