No announcement yet.

Chiefs' 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For round 5 here's what I'm wanting with our pick assuming these guys are still here:

1. Donald Thomas G UConn
    2. Steve Justice C Georgia Tech
    3. Carl Nicks T Nebraska
    4. Raymond Felton G Arkansas

All big physical guys who can run block. Some real talent is left out there.

Comment

I just wanted to congratulate you guys on getting Brandon Carr the CB from Grand Valley.

I got a chance to see his pro day, he worked out at MSU with our players, and he was very impressive in every drill. Very quick and has great leaping ability.

As a 5th rounder he's a very solid pick.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
        I just wanted to congratulate you guys on getting Brandon Carr the CB from Grand Valley.

I got a chance to see his pro day, he worked out at MSU with our players, and he was very impressive in every drill. Very quick and has great leaping ability.

As a 5th rounder he's a very solid pick.

Thanks, thats good to hear i've been trying to find some info on him.
        Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

Richardson! Great pick in the 6th.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Why havent we taken Andre Woodson. Great backup plan for when we realize Croyle sucks

Comment

I was hoping we were going to take Woodson right there, oh well.

Comment

3rd pick of the 7th round we get him IMO

Comment

love the Brian Johnston pick in the 7th.I know we did'nt get as much OL as we'd all like but I'd still call this a successful draft

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                    love the Brian Johnston pick in the 7th.I know we did'nt get as much OL as we'd all like but I'd still call this a successful draft

Me too. Johnston has a chance to be a third down pash rusher this year even. Good draft overall for sure with a lot of guys that will contribute immediatley.

You guys that were wanting Woodson though shouldn't be too upset. The guy has such a slow release that he isn't going to survive in the NFL. If Croyle doesn't work out we will probably start the JP Losman era next season.

Comment

I like our draft but I would of really been happier if we took a QB. Hopefully we get an UDFA

Comment

Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
                        Me too. Johnston has a chance to be a third down pash rusher this year even. Good draft overall for sure with a lot of guys that will contribute immediatley.

You guys that were wanting Woodson though shouldn't be too upset. The guy has such a slow release that he isn't going to survive in the NFL. If Croyle doesn't work out we will probably start the JP Losman era next season.

Yeah, I am hoping Croyle proves a lot of people wrong this year. I'm sure we'll find someone in the UDFA. When reading the draft report on Johnston, I think he's the next "jared allen", or maybe I am just hoping. but I don't think our pass rush will be too bad with Dorsey and Tank in the middle, Tamba, Turk and Boone(can't beleive that) outside, and even Johnston? We got an awesome spell back for Johnson, a big blocking tight end and (spit) Gonzo's eventual replacement
                        The more I think about it, I think we've gotten a lot of OL talent quietly...Through the draft and through FA, more to come with UDFA.
                        The only think I'm worried about is CB, Flowers will be an instant starter, but who's our nickel back and replacement for Surtain?
                        hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

Carr is loved by Herm Edwards. Watch him to make some moves
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Brandon Carr can work a year behind Surtain and possibly be a starter next year. He breaks to the ball really well, can jump, and will be an excellent cover two corner. Herm loves this guy.

As for Johnston, EXCELLENT pick in the 7th round. This guy can be a player at this level. boe, ads and I kept screaming in irc for us to take him and we finally did late. Was a great great pick.

Overall, the draft was a HUGE success. They drafted exceptionally well this year. We have a few more years to develop, but if we have another draft like this, it'll be sooner rather than later.

Comment

I really love the Charles pick the more I think about it.I mean you have LJ wearing down defenders then bring Jamaal in to hit the long run

Comment

Charles was a fantastic pick. He is a great compliment to LJ and this has become a two back league.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information