• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geo
    started a topic Chiefs' 2008 Draft

Chiefs' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the Kansas City Chiefs in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.

• vidae
    replied
    I don't think I'd change much of what we did there. I didn't like the Cottam pick at the time, but it has grown on me, and I'm happy with the Charles/Morgan picks.

Leave a comment:

• villagewarrior
    replied
    I'm pretty happy with what the Chiefs ended up doing. I think I probably would have taken Nicks instead of Charles (turns out that would have been a major reach) but I was happy with the Cottam pick. I think Cottam is more in line with what it looks like the Chiefs are trying to do with their tight ends, that is get someone who can push the defender around a little bit, and I don't think Rucker is that type of guy.

Leave a comment:

• T-RICH49
    replied
    Jamaal Charles
    Early Doucet
    DaJaun Morgan

Leave a comment:

• Splat
    replied
    1.Jamaal Charles
    2.Martin Rucker
    3.DaJuan Morgan

I love both the JC and DM picks and I did like the TE pick it was a need just didn't like the one we took the guy can't stay on the field.

Leave a comment:

• adschofield
    replied
    Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    Hmmm I like what we did this year in the draft
    Hmm...I think you're post whoring, njk should be infracting you anytime now :D

Leave a comment:

• bored of education
    replied
    Hmmm I like what we did this year in the draft

Leave a comment:

• bored of education
    replied
    I would have thought WR as well, but Franklin in the 4th was a sweet pick!

Leave a comment:

• bored of education
    replied
    but i would have liked to seen the Chiefs draft another linemen in that round. Plenty of them on the board!

Leave a comment:

• bored of education
    replied
    you are seriously a god!

Leave a comment:

• adschofield
    replied
    We prefer a nice, quiet forum and you sir are upsetting that peacefulness with your "Popping" of the Team Forum.

But in all seriousness, my 3rd round would probably shape out like this:

1.Jamaal Charles
    2.Brad Cottam
    3.DaJuan Morgan

Now at this point, you may think that I am either copying off the actual draft or am Carl Peterson himself. In hopes of not getting rep raped, I'll go with the former

Leave a comment:

• bored of education
    replied
    How would have you drafted in the 3rd round

I am only posting in KC team forum until the Chiefs win a regular season game.

I feel KC went best player on there baord the 3 picks no matter what.

I think Morgan will compete, Jamal will help returns make help in the pass game out the backfield, Cottam will develop into a very good blocking tight end.

1. Dan Connor
    2. Early Doucet
    3. Jeremy Zuttah

LES GET THIS TEAM THREAD POPPING!

Leave a comment:

• villagewarrior
    replied
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
    Really? I am surprised how it takes so long for a DT to get adjusted to the NFL Life, I don't know why, because in essence all they are doing is trying to push the guard/center backwards to flush the qb out of the pocket....not trying to demean a guys' job who will make more on one sunday than I will in ten years. I've just noticed that pattern, I thought Tank Tyler was going to blow people up last year...granted Dorsey's a way better prospect but he still should take some time to get adjusted.
    There's more to it then just pushing the offensive lineman backwards. There is technique, first step quickness, hand placement. They have to read where the offensive linemen are going, if this guy is pulling is there another guy coming to trap you? How do you deal with a cut block coming from the side? There are all these questions and then there is the matter of finding the ball carrier, it's not easy. Then you have to do it at the NFL level? Say what you want, but the real "skill" position players are in the trenches.

Leave a comment:

• T-RICH49
    replied
    Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
    I think that would be asking alot from a rookie in his first year but would love to see it.
    true but some rookies adjust to the NFL faster then others.

Leave a comment:

• Splat
    replied
    I think that would be asking alot from a rookie in his first year but would love to see it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information