2009 Draft thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Draft thread

Any players you want? I would like to have a QB like Sam Bradford or Chase Daniel. Obviously getting Michael Oher wouldnt be bad at all although that would mean we were terrible
    Last edited by bspen4; 04-29-2008, 07:31 PM.

Matthew Stafford or Malcolm Jenkins.

To get either we'll probably have to be pretty bad and obviously only take Stafford if Croyle can't get it done this year. We should know for sure this year.

A guy like Oher would not be bad at all, but I have faith in Albert being able to play LT right away and being a good one.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Next year is all about Croyle. If he can be successful we will be great. If he sucks we suck and will be drafting a QB!
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I'm sorry, Laurinaitis is my guy right now. He's a beast and a stud. He's a new word meaning all of those things at the same time, steast. Or bud. No, I like steast in this situation. Laurinaitis is a steast.

Comment

I need to see how we do week one vrs. Patriots
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

It would be so great to beat the Patriots at home week one, wouldn't it?

Comment

I don't care who we get as long as it's the 32 pick. :)

Comment

My friend still doesn't think our line is that good....I told him to quit hitting the bong....I would love Laurinitis...can you see someone of arrowhead with spiked shoulder pads..WHAT A RUSH!
                hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
                  My friend still doesn't think our line is that good....I told him to quit hitting the bong....I would love Laurinitis...can you see someone of arrowhead with spiked shoulder pads..WHAT A RUSH!
                  Ha! That would be sweet!

Also, I don't know if you're friend should be saying that the line still flat out sucks, but I don't think he is being unreasonable if he says that the line hasn't proven anything. Brian Waters and Damion McIntosh are the only proven commodities we have there. Everyone else is extremely young and unproven. There is still a chance that the line could be bad.

Comment

You know, I think our line will surprise people, but not only the line, the system and the personnel.

We're rumored to be moving to ZBS and Chan loves two TE sets. We drafted a very good blocking TE, which leads me to believe we'll be a little better up front than we were last year.

I think Niswanger and Richardson will start this year along with Albert, making three new starters for our line.

Each new year is exciting, but I think our line will be good again, or at least on the way to being good. Improved, whatever you want to call it. :)

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                      You know, I think our line will surprise people, but not only the line, the system and the personnel.

We're rumored to be moving to ZBS and Chan loves two TE sets. We drafted a very good blocking TE, which leads me to believe we'll be a little better up front than we were last year.

I think Niswanger and Richardson will start this year along with Albert, making three new starters for our line.

Each new year is exciting, but I think our line will be good again, or at least on the way to being good. Improved, whatever you want to call it. :)

I too belive that we will be better. Will we be on of the best, of course not but we should be able to run the ball better next year which will obviously help the entire offense. I don't think Richardson will start and it's not impossible that he never plays for us, but he defiently has some great tools and if the coach's can get him to show some fire he could turn out to be a huge steal. I loved the pick for the 6th round but my hopes for him are tempered. I think Taylor will get a chance in the preseason for the starting gig at RG but there will be a log of guys in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
                        I too belive that we will be better. Will we be on of the best, of course not but we should be able to run the ball better next year which will obviously help the entire offense. I don't think Richardson will start and it's not impossible that he never plays for us, but he defiently has some great tools and if the coach's can get him to show some fire he could turn out to be a huge steal. I loved the pick for the 6th round but my hopes for him are tempered. I think Taylor will get a chance in the preseason for the starting gig at RG but there will be a log of guys in the mix.

Yea, Richardson has a bunch of mixed scouting reports. Check the one out on nfl.com, he calls Scott out with his "Looks like Tarzan plays like jane" comment....I think he has potential but it's a good idea to keep your thoughts tempered about him...
                        hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

Micheal Oher.If Albert does'nt work out at LT we can move Branden to LG put Oher at LT and out left side of the line is set for many years

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                            Micheal Oher.If Albert does'nt work out at LT we can move Branden to LG put Oher at LT and out left side of the line is set for many years

It's a deep tackle class but right now Oher scares me as a first round pick. He's about emotionally stable as a middle school kid and the transition to pro football scares me. It will be interesting to see how he performs this year but as of right now he's probably number 5 on my list of tackles for next year. That said if we don't go QB than OT or DE will be tops on my list of needs for us next season.

Comment

Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
                              It's a deep tackle class but right now Oher scares me as a first round pick. He's about emotionally stable as a middle school kid and the transition to pro football scares me. It will be interesting to see how he performs this year but as of right now he's probably number 5 on my list of tackles for next year. That said if we don't go QB than OT or DE will be tops on my list of needs for us next season.
                              from everything I've heard Oher is a franchise caliber LT

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information