Kawika Mitchell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USAF Chief View Post
    Take him, everyone here seems to hate him because he doesn't fit the system but I'll be the first to tell you he's a decent linebacker in a system that is about hitting people in the mouth.

He makes tackles, period.

This will be the second LB you got from us (Fujita was the first) ... Fajita looked good in the first playoff game, is he working out down there? I still think he was good depth that we never should have gotten rid of but what do I know, Im just a guy.

Later.
    Fujita has worked out very well for us. I'm glad we picked him up, but I don't think he's the answer at SLB, I don't know why but I don't think he is.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
      rumor is the Saints and Kawika are in contract talks which would pretty much leave Donnie to us more then likely
      Where'd you hear that from?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Did KM screw his self or what wanted crazy money from us when we said no he thought he would get it in FA turns out he was wrong I wonder what will come of him now? I know some team will pick him up but I bet he ends up getting less then what we offered what do you think?

Comment

Yeah, he'll probably have to take less. I'm not sure which teams are still looking for linebackers but they will probably want wait till after the draft to sign Mitchell.

Comment

The Giants brought in Mitchell for a visit today.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              The Giants brought in Mitchell for a visit today.

I also heard the Giants are trying to work out a deal for Al Wilson and if that takes place Kawika might end up in Denver. I agree he isn't the best fit for our system and I'm ok with him leaving, but I do think he is a good football player and I don't want to see him in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
                I also heard the Giants are trying to work out a deal for Al Wilson and if that takes place Kawika might end up in Denver. I agree he isn't the best fit for our system and I'm ok with him leaving, but I do think he is a good football player and I don't want to see him in the division.
                I think Al Wilson failed the Giants physical.
                Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
                  I think Al Wilson failed the Giants physical.
                  Yeah but who knows. He passed the Broncos physical. Some just say it is posturing by the Giants to lower Wilson's value. Either way Kawika is visiting today. Either as a backup plan or more posturing to lower Wilson's value.

Comment

I'm a Giants fan and, as you can imagine, I'm very interested in learning more about what Mitchell brings to a team. I'm particularly curious about his ability in coverage (a Giants weakness) and his ability to stop the run.

Comment

Sry this is random....but I always draft him on franchise for my MLB in Madden and he ends up with like over 170 tackles!!!! HE PONES!

Not sure how good he is in real life though

Sig by BoneKrusher
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ira View Post
                        I'm a Giants fan and, as you can imagine, I'm very interested in learning more about what Mitchell brings to a team. I'm particularly curious about his ability in coverage (a Giants weakness) and his ability to stop the run.

His coverage ability is not great, ecspecially in a cover 2 scheme. He lacks top end athletisism which limits his ability ecspecially in the cover 2. That said there are worse LB's than him out there in coverage. His ability aginst the run was great two years ago. He wasn't as good this season and had a lot more missed tackles which ultimatley led to the Chiefs letting him go. He is a solid player all around as long as you pay for what you are getting which is a solid linebacker in most facets but not a standout in any. I would like to see him play in front of a good D Line though because playing with KC makes it difficult to evaluate LB's.

Comment

Kawika Mitchell gets a bum wrap, he may not be the best fit for the cover 2 but he is pretty athletic for a man his size. We've seen him turn and run with Randy Moss about 30 yards down field before, that's pretty impressive. The last 2 years (his first 2 years as the starter) he racked up 105 and 104 tackles, and that's without any kind of decent defensive tackle play in front of him. I really feel if he had good tackles in front of him he'd have around 130 tackles a year.

Comment

Wow..Mitchell went to the Giants on a one year deal for only 1 million. Not a bad pickup for them at almost no cost.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the Giants, but I did like Kawika Mitchell on our team, I hope he does awesome with the Giants.
                              hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

I think the real reason that Kawika is gone is because he was too dense to call the defense.....both Herm and Gun want the MLB to make the calls, especially with the rookies we will have starting both safety spots next year.

The guy was a tackling machine.....but he just lacked that something that makes a great MLB.....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information