Crabtree at Three?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crabtree at Three?

I've been hearing a lot about Crabby being the next Larry Fitzgerald and alot of guys(namely on Arrowheadaddict.com) saying we should draft crabtree regardless of need. I personally don't think that's a good idea. One, because we have a somewhat solid recieving core and two our defense glistens with problems that can be fixed with a solid move or two. Three, if you looked at the score last night, The cardinals and their all-pro set of recieves didn't win last night. Actually, it was their defense that kept them in it(to a certain extent, there were sometimes when those guys' would be just stupid).

Having Crabby would be nice, but I don't think he can solve our pass rushing problems or run stopping issues...or right side of our offensive line.

A guy that I think will instantly help that is Aaron Curry. He's an all around Linebacker, and I personally feel that if you have a solid set of linebackers, you can mask a lot of deficienies in your defense. I think we can pick up a solid MLB, move DJ back to strong side and let curry roam the weakside.

But it's not really what I think that matters, it's BOE's opinion :)
    hate him back, it works for me.

Taking Crabtree at 3 would be okay *IF* Curry and Stafford are off the board, imo. I'm not sold on Sanchez yet and OT that early seems like a waste. If Curry or Stafford are there I think they should be the pick though. Stafford is the "franchise" QB we "need" and Curry is that dominating defensive player that will make us better right away.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

A WR is a luxery pick which doesn't make sense for us right now. I would actually be more inclined to take Maclin if we were going that route just for the return ability that he would provide. I'm still torn between a QB, Curry, and an OT for pick number 3. The one positive that appears to be shaping up is that there may actually be a market for the 3rd pick with Sanchez on the board. It's almost impossible to trade down from number 3 but we might get a chance in this draft.

Comment

He is number 4 on my big board.
        1. Curry
        2. Stafford
        3. Orakpo/Brown
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Really? Is sanchez viewed as that good? That guy just seems to have the "flash in the pan" going for him. I think Crabtree might be our best, since seattle is below us and will obviously take him if no one does. I'd love to absouletlely pillage the raiders or browns in a trade for Crabby. We still could pick up Curry at that spot as well(browns, not so much the raiders...)

Comment

I still like Curry and Smith at 3. I think those two would go the furthest towards resurrecting the defense/o-line.

Comment

You know, I don't see the Seahawks taking Crabtree personally. I see them taking a corner. That'd help them more. Sure, they had a lot of injuries, but how often will your ENTIRE receiving corp get injured? I don't think that happens that often.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

If Curry's not there, they can go with Brown/Orakpo or Crabtree/Maclin. Lots of love for Crabtree (who is nothing like Fitzgerald btw), but I like Maclin better fo the Chiefs because of his return skills and the variety he brings with Bowe (a better comparison for Crabtree) on the other side.
                ________
                Effects Of Wellbutrin
                Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Why do we need reciever help? I think of all the positions, WR's probably our most(sad I KNOW!) position with Bradley and Bowe.

Comment

1.Stafford - I kinda hope he is off the board since I want to give TT another season but if he is there hard to pass up.

2.Curry - No such thing as a safe pick but he is about as close as you can get and would fill a HUGE need.

3.Crabtree - This pick would just be BPA no more need said.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                      1.Stafford - I kinda hope he is off the board since I want to give TT another season but if he is there hard to pass up.

2.Curry - No such thing as a safe pick but he is about as close as you can get and would fill a HUGE need.

3.Crabtree - This pick would just be BPA no more need said.
                      I really think that if we took Stafford first I'd REALLY like him to sit a year and watch the game played and have Haley really tutor him. The guy has potential but in regards to franchise qb's I think that you need to let them sit a year, especially a guy with all that potential and his bad decision making(and our weak line)...speaking of that, what would you put the big four linemen? I like Andre Smith, but Alberts has played amazing at the LT spot(esp. for being pretty raw there) and having a near 400 lb man no matter how light on his feet, couldn't do as well as alberts at the Left Tackle spot(and would probably be moved to RT, where he would be very,very dominant). That'd be the only Tackle I'd take that high, and that's a big if too, I think it was you that said you could see this guy getting his payday and then watching him tip the scales after that.

Comment

I don't know why you'd wanna do that with so many other needs though, you could end up drafting a LT, OLB, or QB and they end up retiring with the franchise but if you draft Crabtree your possibly going to have to decide to keep one of Bowe or Crabtree if they both reach their potential...It may help you win short term, but knowing that I had alot of other needs it would be hard to go for a 2nd WR, I don't think Crabtree is on Calvins level as a prospect where you have to take him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
                          I really think that if we took Stafford first I'd REALLY like him to sit a year and watch the game played and have Haley really tutor him. The guy has potential but in regards to franchise qb's I think that you need to let them sit a year, especially a guy with all that potential and his bad decision making(and our weak line)...speaking of that, what would you put the big four linemen? I like Andre Smith, but Alberts has played amazing at the LT spot(esp. for being pretty raw there) and having a near 400 lb man no matter how light on his feet, couldn't do as well as alberts at the Left Tackle spot(and would probably be moved to RT, where he would be very,very dominant). That'd be the only Tackle I'd take that high, and that's a big if too, I think it was you that said you could see this guy getting his payday and then watching him tip the scales after that.
                          If I were to take Andre Smith, it would be with the only intention of playing him at right tackle.

Comment

The Chiefs have their LT, and you don't spend a #3 on a RT, and I don't trust either of the QBs at the top of this draft. Other teams have already proven you can keep two franchise WRs on your roster.

MLB is such a need, though... Not sure what the interet in #3 will be, but if Curry's not there, the Chiefs might have to take Maualuga at that spot just to make sure they get a middle linebacker in there...
                            ________
                            Washington Medical Marijuana Dispensary
                            Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                              The Chiefs have their LT, and you don't spend a #3 on a RT, and I don't trust either of the QBs at the top of this draft. Other teams have already proven you can keep two franchise WRs on your roster.

MLB is such a need, though... Not sure what the interet in #3 will be, but if Curry's not there, the Chiefs might have to take Maualuga at that spot just to make sure they get a middle linebacker in there...
                              People always say that about Right Tackles "You don't spend #3 money on them" I don't understand why. I bet most teams run to the right moreso than the left. Although he's not protecting the QB's blindside(unless he were left handed) but he'd definately be an assest to the running game(and passing game for that matter, it's not like DMac is very good. Maluaga better blow it up for him to warrant that spot(he seems overrated to me). I mean, KC hasn't had a dominant Right tackle since...John Tait(a first round pick by the way).

I personally think Larinitis will slip to the second round and that's where we snatch our MLB of the Future. I think with all the rumors of Stafford not being picked by the Lions, he'll be our guy no matter who is there(Curry, Crabby, etc) So my dream draft that'd make me more stoked than last years draft:
                              Stafford
                              JL
                              Robert Ayers

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information