No announcement yet.

Thigpen not the answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. I think he's earned an oppurtunity to start. I'd still like to get a cheap FA like Byron Leftwich to compete against him.
    2. God No, why on earth would someone go after him for that high of a price?
    3. I'm leaning towards no, why not draft a guy like Curry, fortify your defense and pick guy later.
    4. Nah, stay away from that guy.
    hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

Big Ben in 2008 17 TD's and 15 INT's

Thiggy in 2008: 18 TD's and 12 INT's

not saying he is big ben but still that is nothing to sneeze at

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
        The questions now are the following for Haley and Pioli to answer not us losers

1. Is thigpen the answer?
        2. Is cassell worth the trading of future picks?
        3. if Stafford is their do you take him at 3?
        4. DONT ******* PICK SANCHEZ AT 3!
        1. jusry is still out but he has the talent
        2. no
        3. yes
        4. AMEN

Comment

I think it would be a bad idea for the Chiefs to trade up for Stafford, or to trade for Cassell. As a rebuilding franchise, you can't sacrifice off pieces for other unproven pieces. I mean, yes, Cassell will *probably* be better than Thigpen, but it's not sure. And to have Cassell as opposed to Thigpen, you'd have to weaken the team around him. Stafford will be better than Thigpen, but I don't see any way you can get him without giving up the farm, because I don't see how the Lions could possibly pass on him.

I just think that as a rebuilding team, if you have an intriguing option at quarterback ON the team, then you need to play it out, because you need the picks for other positions as well.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
            Big Ben in 2008 17 TD's and 15 INT's

Thiggy in 2008: 18 TD's and 12 INT's

not saying he is big ben but still that is nothing to sneeze at
            I agree, he'll never be that caliber of QB, but if he could produce like that out of the proset, then he could be at the very least a solid backup. I think we're in a good situatiion because Stafford will probably be a lion, and if he drops to us we could use him as trade bait. I can imagine if Thiggy was on PITT's team. I mean, Big Ben had three more INT's than Thiggy did, and Pitt still got the second seed in the afc. So perhaps you build up your defense(which we're only like two players away from being consistently good IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              1. Is thigpen the answer?
              2. Is cassell worth the trading of future picks?
              3. if Stafford is their do you take him at 3?
              4. DONT ******* PICK SANCHEZ AT 3!
              1) I would like to see him get a chance
              2) It wouldn't be a very good idea
              3) There's no reason you shouldn't
              4) BOE, you'd probably kill yourself if they did

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I for one want to see The Chiefs build around TT it is way to early to give up on the kid.

Gonzo and Bowe have all ready said they enjoy playing with him and feel he should stay the starter that says alot right there.

I understand his play dropped off in the second half of games but IMO that has alot to do with coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                  I for one want to see The Chiefs build around TT it is way to early to give up on the kid.

Gonzo and Bowe have all ready said they enjoy playing with him and feel he should stay the starter that says alot right there.

I understand his play dropped off in the second half of games but IMO that has alot to do with coaching.

totally agree

Comment

I agree as well, but if Stafford is there at 3, how do you pass on him?

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I am really surprised that this many people think he is an NFL caliber QB. I love that he can run around and escape pressure but he won 1 game as a starter. If Brodie Croyle had put up his exact numbers and number of wins I think he would be getting crucified. I root for the kid and want him to be a good quarterback for the Chiefs, I just don't see it.

ESPN is reporting that Cassell accepted the patriots 1 year deal at 14 mil. Guess that means he isn't going anywhere. Good news for Chiefs fans in my opinion.

Edit: Gonzalez and Bowe standing behind Thigpen is meaningless. Gonzalez wanted Herm back also, I don't think you would want that. General managers make those decisions, not Tight Ends begging to be traded.
                      Last edited by TG-HoF; 02-07-2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                        I agree as well, but if Stafford is there at 3, how do you pass on him?
                        if the man beast Aaron Curry is there :D

Comment

Originally posted by TG-HoF View Post
                          I
                          Edit: Gonzalez and Bowe standing behind Thigpen is meaningless. Gonzalez wanted Herm back also, I don't think you would want that. General managers make those decisions, not Tight Ends begging to be traded.

Gonzo was'nt the only player who wanted Herm back so don't place all that on him

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                            if the man beast Aaron Curry is there :D
                            I'm mixed. I think TG has a few good points with Thiggy. He's got a big arm and put up similar stats as Big Ben in a spread offense. I think teams caught on in the second half with the spread and him eyeing down Tony Gonzalez. I don't agree with him when he says he's not the answer, we don't know whether or not he is....if anything I think he's warranted a year to prove he's the starter. He was impressive in quite a few of those games man. He at least deserves a shot(and at the least, can develop into a solid backup ala Seneca Wallace) I think we stilil should pick up a quarterback like Rhett Bomar for competition and a back up plan. What round is he going in?

I think if Brodie put up those numbers people would be impressed just because he stayed healthy for more than 5 minutes and 34 seconds. I was impressed when Brodie played, it was windy in arrowhead and that happened to blow his knee out that day.

Also, I think you need a franchise qb to play in this league. Thiggy has a potential to be a very good qb. On the same token, Aaron Curry is a beast, but so is Brian Urlacher fromthe bears and tell me...how many super bowls has he won for his team?

Comment

I'm not blaming TG, I just don't think his opinion on who plays and who doesn't is relevant. He can say that we should bring back Elvis Grbac and Lin Elliot for all I care. The general manager and the player personnel department don't care who TG wants to play quarterback, park cars or sell hot dogs. I am not criticizing him he has a right to his opinion, especially as long as he has been here and the level at which he has played.

Bottom line is the Gm shouldn't care, he should make his own decision, that's his job.

TT was impressive in some quarters, I don't remember a game that the offense including him didn't completely disappear for at least 1 quarter. You can't blame that all on him, but you can't absolve him of blame either. You obviously see something in him that I don't, and I hope he proves me completely wrong, I just don't see it.

Comment

You don't win Super Bowls as an individual. Brian Urlacher helped take his team there. We haven't won a playoff game since the 90s and Pioli has 3 rings in the last 6 years. He knows how to build a championship defense and he loves his linebackers.

Thigpen has a lot to work on but the jury is still out. He could be a very good QB for a long time.

An interesting stat I heard: He threw more TDs and less picks than Ben Roethlisberger. Ben had 17 tds and 15 picks, Thigpen had 18 tds and 12 picks. The difference between a 2-14 record and winning the Super Bowl? That DEFENSE.

We cannot win games when the other team scores more points than we do. It's crazy but it's true!

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information