Thigpen not the answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    I am not a fan of stop gap fixes for a team rebuilding. Wh sign an older guy like Bert Berry and spend the money on a younger talent that the franchise could have around beyond a year or two. I do feel that Barry Richardson will be the RT next year (depending on who KC drafts or picks up via FA).
    Because you know Berry is going to produce a pass rush for you, and you also know he's not likely to play much longer. He'll come cheap.

The Chiefs are in a position to win starting in 2009, so while they still need to keep building their young talent, they also need to bring in guys that can get the job done now.
    ________
    AVANDIA LAW
    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
      Because you know Berry is going to produce a pass rush for you, and you also know he's not likely to play much longer. He'll come cheap.

The Chiefs are in a position to win starting in 2009, so while they still need to keep building their young talent, they also need to bring in guys that can get the job done now.
      That may be true. I don't think Bert will come cheap though. Stop gaps with the right talent behind them are fine, but KC doesn't have that talent their yet.
      Last edited by bored of education; 02-18-2009, 10:38 AM.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

That's why I listed 9 guys they could grab in the draft.
        ________
        WELLBUTRIN LAWSUIT SETTLEMENTS
        Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
          That's why I listed 9 guys they could grab in the draft.
          Yeah their are plenty of guys that will be available in the 2nd-4th rounds.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa...did I just read that LJ is still a damn good running back? nepg, I must say I disagree with most of what you say, but you sure do make for some good conversation.

I can handle a great RUNNING running back, that can't block or catch, so long as he doesn't beat women and doesn't complain after the city turns on him. But when he beats women, bitches that the offense moved away from him after his 4 game suspension, bitches that the city doesn't like him after years of piss poor attitude, and goes on the radio making it sound like it's the city's fault that he isn't liked...then I'm done with him.

Plus, I believe the majority of running backs have a shelf-life, and LJ has hit his. So maybe not Fred Taylor (although I do think a FT/Kolby Smith thunder to Jamaal Charles lightning would be effective), I am definitely on the Get LJ Out of Town Bandwagon. Would've traded him 2 years ago.

Comment

Also, due to Herm's maniacal insistence on keeping the same offensive line together all year last year, I am willing to give Barry Richardson a break, however, if he again fails to get on the field or even into uniform during the season, I'm moving on from him as well.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information