tamba 3-4 OLB???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tamba 3-4 OLB???

I know most don't think he's capable, but imo he flashed most when playing in that falcon role and standingup. He also showed some ability to cover a little in zone (flats) when playing that role. I think he can do it..he's not the athletic freak that Ware and Merriman are but look at guys like Vrabel and Harrison.

I must add though he needs somebody along the lines of Larry English on the other side.

Comment

No way is he any kind of fit in a 3-4. He's not athletic enough to play OLB, and he really doesn't have any effective pass rush moves to begin with.
      ________
      ALMERA cam
      Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
        No way is he any kind of fit in a 3-4. He's not athletic enough to play OLB, and he really doesn't have any effective pass rush moves to begin with.

As a rookie, Tamba recorded more sacks that Jared Allen. So obviously the talent is there.
        hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

He's got pretty good change of direction, and fluid enough hips. You don't have to be Shawn Merriman to rush the passer. If your moves are decent enough with your hands down you'll be fine standing. OLB is a much easier position to play considering you pretty much get a head start.
          Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
            As a rookie, Tamba recorded more sacks that Jared Allen. So obviously the talent is there.
            Tamba relied heavily on Jared Allen on the weakside and playing against slower RT's rather than LT's. That's why they need another guy to play the weakside role so he can move back to where he was originally.
            ________
            Buy glass bongs
            Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Tamba relied heavily on Jared Allen on the weakside and playing against slower RT's rather than LT's. That's why they need another guy to play the weakside role so he can move back to where he was originally.
              Agreed. Tamba is horrendously out of place in 3-4. And I would argue that he would be an excellent number 3 DE in a 4-3 scheme, but I don't think he is a good enough player to be starting full time.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information