Now that it has been a few days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
    Yeah, Curry would be an amazing pick, but if we somehow moved back and got an Orakpo or Brown and then had a second round pick to use on an OT/OG or LB like Laurinitis or Barwin, who might be there in the second? I'd rather do that personally.

It's hard to choose because Curry is a fantastic prospect and looks like he'd be a slam dunk pick.

I can't wait until draft day!
    Ya, Curry's my #1, but what does he really do for the Chiefs? It's tough to justify taking a linebacker at #3 who will do the same job Gerald Hayes does...

Because they have Vrabel, they have a lot of options with how they address the LB situation. So I really don't think Curry should be the pick.

At #3, they'll be able to trade down within the Top 10. Someone is going to want to move up to get one of the guys that will be there at #3 (Curry, Stafford, OT, Orakpo, Raji). The Chiefs are in good shape. They'll pick up extra picks, not move down much, and probably be in a position to move down again if they want to.

If they do use the #3 or a Top 10, I've grown more and more on the idea of taking an OT. I think it's the biggest impact they can make on the team in the first round. Moving Albert to LG, and forming a dominant left side with either Monroe or Oher would do wonders for the Chiefs' offense.

If they have Vrabel play Mike, they have 7 rounds to find good rush LB's and ends (draft is loaded with them), and there are a lot of fun options at WR and TE (and RT if need-be). But this draft is weak at G, which might be a big need for the Chiefs.

I'd like to see them get an Eric Wood with the extra high pick they'd get in a trade-down. If they traded with the Browns or Bengals, they'd be in position for Oher.
    ________
    FIND HEADSHOP
    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
      Ya, Curry's my #1, but what does he really do for the Chiefs? It's tough to justify taking a linebacker at #3 who will do the same job Gerald Hayes does...

Because they have Vrabel, they have a lot of options with how they address the LB situation. So I really don't think Curry should be the pick.

At #3, they'll be able to trade down within the Top 10. Someone is going to want to move up to get one of the guys that will be there at #3 (Curry, Stafford, OT, Orakpo, Raji). The Chiefs are in good shape. They'll pick up extra picks, not move down much, and probably be in a position to move down again if they want to.

If they do use the #3 or a Top 10, I've grown more and more on the idea of taking an OT. I think it's the biggest impact they can make on the team in the first round. Moving Albert to LG, and forming a dominant left side with either Monroe or Oher would do wonders for the Chiefs' offense.

If they have Vrabel play Mike, they have 7 rounds to find good rush LB's and ends (draft is loaded with them), and there are a lot of fun options at WR and TE (and RT if need-be). But this draft is weak at G, which might be a big need for the Chiefs.

I'd like to see them get an Eric Wood with the extra high pick they'd get in a trade-down. If they traded with the Browns or Bengals, they'd be in position for Oher.

I don't think they'd move Albert to Guard since they still have Waters and Goff on the roster. Maybe a line of Monroe, Waters, Center, Goff and Albert would be nice.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I thought last year since we had holes all over the line they should have just put Albert at his natural position and pick up a tackle this year.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Albert doesn't really have a natural position is the deal, though. Like I said, I really think he'd be an elite LG, and would allow the Chiefs to either use Goff as a backup or start him and ship Waters off for draft picks.
          ________
          01SmilyBlonde
          Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Albert doesn't really have a natural position is the deal, though. Like I said, I really think he'd be an elite LG, and would allow the Chiefs to either use Goff as a backup or start him and ship Waters off for draft picks.
            Albert could very well be on his way to being an elite LT that is alot harder to find then a elite LG I would not want to mess with that.

Comment

They're equal. And an elite left side is far more valuable than just an elite LT.
              ________
              WEB SHOWS
              Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:23 AM.

Comment

And an elite left side is far more valuable than just an elite LT.
                We all ready have a pretty good LG last time I checked which has the making of one of the better left sides in football why mess with that?

Comment

No way Albert gets moved to Guard if anything he will be moved to RT. But I wouldn't mess with that. thats my take though.
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

They're equal. And an elite left side is far more valuable than just an elite LT.
                    They are most definetely not equal.

Comment

Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                      They are most definetely not equal.
                      I agree if the were you would see teams draft OG's top five in the draft like they do OT's pretty much every year.

Comment

I liked it for KC from the start. There's no way you get a potential franchise QB (imo - a definite servicable starter for years & possible Franchise) and a pass rush LB for # 34 overall.

Expecting 2-3 years out of Vrable is not going to happen, but if you expect one decent season followed by 2 seasons as a mentor & spot rusher you may get it. He looked old and tired last year despite the fact that Seymour was healthy and looked great again & Mayo freed Vrable from any ILB duty.

Now that it has been a month plus it really looks terrible from the NE side. For me it was conditional on the FA signings. Specifically, pulling the trigger so early in the FA period lead me to believe NE had someone (*cough - peppers) in mind with the newly available cap space. None of the guys signed would have been prevented by Cassel's presence on the roster.

Damn you Pioli. ;)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information