No announcement yet.

Pendergast DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That wouldn't be a bad idea. DJ started out as our Sam LB. However, if this is what we're running. Where does Curry play?
    hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
      That wouldn't be a bad idea. DJ started out as our Sam LB. However, if this is what we're running. Where does Curry play?
      CURRY NOT THE PICK :o

maybe? I dunno. Curry isin't much of a pass rush. Unless Pendy likes what he saw in DJ at MLB?
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Curry could be his Dansby

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          Curry could be his Dansby
          I think DJ would be our "Predator" with his athleticism and speed, No question he'd be the guy. Curry would be our Dansby maybe Vrabel as our LB that takes on the guard(He's the heaviest of the three right now)
          hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

If the Chiefs intend on going full-on what Pendergast had in Arizona, Curry won't be the pick (unless they trade DJ). Could be looking at Orakpo. If you have a serious need for a full-on SLB, it would seem silly to draft Curry (who fits everywhere, but is ideally an SLB) and stick him at Mike and move a natural Will in DJ to Sam...

Orakpo makes the most sense in that situation.
            ________
            BUY E CIGARETTES
            Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

If they're looking for Orakpo over Curry then I think you're more likely to see a tradeback scenario than picking at 3.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I don't think so. Who are they going to trade back with and still be guaranteed to get Orakpo? As a 4-3 DE, Orakpo is a Top 5 pick. He's good value at #3.
                ________
                Vaporizer info
                Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Ughh Orakpo has such a cool name, I thin I could live with him in KC, but I think Curry is a godly LB even though LBs 'shouldnt be picked in the top 10. Orakpo is not Mario Williams and he is not a Gaines Adams(as a prospect)so I dunno. :(

still wouldnt be shocked if KC goes Oline even though Haley has said Albert is the last person KC has to worry about
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I wonder if Crabtree is also in the discussion IF Curry is gone.Bowe, Crabtree, Engram, Bradley and Franklin would give us one of the best WR corps we've had in awhile

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                      If the Chiefs intend on going full-on what Pendergast had in Arizona, Curry won't be the pick (unless they trade DJ). Could be looking at Orakpo. If you have a serious need for a full-on SLB, it would seem silly to draft Curry (who fits everywhere, but is ideally an SLB) and stick him at Mike and move a natural Will in DJ to Sam...

Orakpo makes the most sense in that situation.
                      Wait, what? I think draqfting Curry would make sense because he would play the SLB and Johnson would play the WLB. As for Vrable i wouldn't expect him to be an every down player anyways unless he moves to MLB, which he could very well do in a 4-3. I don't follow the Chiefs much at all but I'm pretty sure that that is how it would work out...

Comment

What Pendergast runs is not a typical 4-3. It's an old school Buddy Ryan defense. The WLB is like a 3rd defensive end (i.e. someone who would typically fit as a 3-4 OLB). Unless he's the Mike, Vrabel would be that guy as of right now.

And I'm pretty sure the Chiefs are going to roll with Pendergast's system in 2009, but with the idea of converting to 3-4 in the next year or two. It's going to be like a stop-gap since a lot of the players that fit in Pendergast's system are also great fits for a 3-4.
                        ________
                        WATER BONGS
                        Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

FML wrong thread

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information