Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pendergast DC

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=NFL&id=1326

The Chiefs are expected to name Clancy Pendergast their new defensive coordinator by as soon as Friday.

There were differing reports as to whether Pendergast or Gary Gibbs would get the job, and Romeo Crennel's name was even out there. Pendergast was last defensive boss in Arizona, where new Chiefs coach Todd Haley ran the offense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't really say I'm happy with the move I like him on the staff but was really wanting Crennel.

better him the Gibbs TBH

Comment

I was really wanting Crennel to run the defense too. I've heard a lot of bad things about Pendergast from Cardinals fans, but hey, our defense can't get much worse!

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

this may spell theend to the 3-4 switch?

AZ tried to run it like 15 plays this year. I dunno though. What to do with Vrable then?
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I thought they had like a hybrid version. I think Vrable means that we're gonna be out of a 3-4 primarily.

Maybe it was me, but I think the Cards' D played Pitt pretty tough in the super bowl...and I don't think they have too many big-time players on the D(Rolle,Dansby and Dockett)
          hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

Chan Gailey: offensive coordinator and quarterbacks

Maurice Carthon: assistant head coach and runnings backs

Dedric Ward: wide receivers

Bob Bicknell: tight ends

Bill Muir: offensive line

Joe D'Alessandris: assistant offensive line

Clancy Pendergast: defensive coordinator and defensive backs

Tim Krumrie: defensive line

Gary Gibbs: linebackers

Pat Perles: assistant linebackers

Ronnie Bradford: assistant secondary

Steve Hoffman: special teams

Joel Collier: duties to be assigned

Comment

Now that Thigpen's not going to be the starter, I really hate the idea of Gailey as the OC/QB's coach. The spread was fun, but he hasn't been a decent NFL coach since Jimmy Johnson was his boss with the Cowboys...

And Pendergast as DC doesn't mean much in terms of whether they go 3-4 or 4-3 (hybrd)... It actually will be interesting to see what they do. If they just went with Clancy's hybrid system from Arizona (similar to Marvin Lewis's system in Baltimore), Vrabel can play MLB or OLB, and their current DL is much better suited for it... They'd just need what you'd call a traditional 3-4 OLB at the other LB (Cody Brown or Victor Butler seem like great options later) spot or draft Curry (in which case, Vrabel would play that OLB role)...

It's the ideal system for them to utilize to do more of a "slow switch" to a 3-4... They'd need minor maintenance along the DL, and little or nothing else... They'd be able to focus on the offense with the rest of the draft, which would be great.
              ________
              Miley
              Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Pendergast means you will be in the 4-3, probably the 2nd big reason he was fired with Whis wanting to go the the 3-4

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  Pendergast means you will be in the 4-3, probably the 2nd big reason he was fired with Whis wanting to go the the 3-4
                  Not really. They'll run the same defense in Arizona that they had last year. Clancy is just really hard to work with. He's a real dick from all accounts. His defense is basically a 3-4 with the other OLB just being a down linenman...
                  ________
                  Live Sex Webshows
                  Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:08 AM.

Comment

last year it was a 4-3 with 3-4 plays(made it look like a 5-2) just because Whis made him put them in, he is strictly a 4-3 DC, has no experience in the 3-4

Comment

I'd almost prefer to stay in the 4-3 at this point except use Dorsey correctly. Draft Curry or trade back and get Brown/Orakpo to man that DE position, etc.

Comment

Truly does any one think that Dorsey is best used as a 3-4 DE?

Comment

No, I've never thought that. Some teams thought he could be before he was drafted if I remember right, but he was viewed as that Warren Sapp type penetrator in the 4-3. Problem is, we used him incorrectly. We kept Krum so I'm a little wary that it changes, but I hope it does.

Comment

Guy runs' a 4-3 under scheme. Here's the link:
                            http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...wwhi013009.htm

That's one thing I'll never understand, why did we use dorsey like that garbageman lineman?
                            hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

But the other outside guy — the Cardinals call this player their “Predator” — is almost always rushing the passer, although the Cards will occasionally drop him into coverage to mix things up. Other differences: The nose tackle shades to the A-gap (in between the center and guard) on the tight end side, and the end on that side moves between the tackle and tight end.

That predator could be Vrable and have DJ as the SLB?
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information