Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chiefs pick #3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chiefs pick #3

    Hi, chiefs fans. I am doing a draft and I am doing it the easy way by asking every team's fans (thats you guys).

    1. Detroit - QB Matt Stafford
    2. St. Louis Rams - OT Jason Smith
    3. Kansas City Chiefs - ?

    So, give me some feed on who you guys want and ill be back later and the most popular player I will give you guys. thanks.

  • #2
    I think it will be Curry if thats how is shakes out. BPA and is a fit in pendergast's D.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

    Comment


    • #3
      I concur.....

      Comment


      • #4
        Aaron Curry most likely. The only other person I can see there is Crabtree and I'm not a huge fan of that. Curry would be an amazing pick there.

        Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

        Comment


        • #5
          Curry seems like a lock at this point

          Comment


          • #6
            Curry or trade down if they can.

            Comment


            • #7
              Curry.

              Although Orakpo's becoming a little more enticing.
              ________
              Paxil Attorney
              Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:09 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yea, Curry will probably be our guy.
                hate him back, it works for me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I wouldn't count B.J. Raji out. Pioli seems to place high value on the D-line based on all the starters on NE being 1st round picks.

                  It is very difficult to find great DT's and even harder to find great 3-4 DT's. The consensus seems to be Dorsey cannot play as a 3-4 DT. I don't plan on KC picking this high again next year, and who knows if a guy like Raji will ever fall to us again.

                  Sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! View Post
                    I wouldn't count B.J. Raji out. Pioli seems to place high value on the D-line based on all the starters on NE being 1st round picks.

                    It is very difficult to find great DT's and even harder to find great 3-4 DT's. The consensus seems to be Dorsey cannot play as a 3-4 DT. I don't plan on KC picking this high again next year, and who knows if a guy like Raji will ever fall to us again.
                    It doesn't seem likely we'll be going to a 3-4 now because Pendergast has never run one. He runs the 4-3 under which is different. I think Dorsey will have his place there like he did this year (but used correctly I hope) and Tank will be the other DT there. He's strong and he has gotten better every year.

                    If it's true, and we're not going to a 3-4, I think it'd be pretty safe to rule out Raji now. We have bigger needs at DE and LB to draft ANOTHER DT.

                    You are right though, Pioli loves his dline but DT is the strong point of our dline. We need a pass rushing specialist DE like Orakpo or Brown imo.

                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If I'm not mistaken, I believe Pendergast and the Cards played both a 4-3 and 3-4 so he is familiar with both. I just love a dominant d-line. And with Vrabel, DJ, and Tamba we may have our pass rush needs covered (in a 3-4 at least) for this year.

                      With Orakpo, he would be perfect in a 4-3/3-4 defense since he can be a DE in a 4-3 and a rush OLB in a 3-4.

                      It would be an easier decision if we knew how our defense is going to run, but I would take either of these guys over Curry at the moment.

                      Sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! View Post
                        If I'm not mistaken, I believe Pendergast and the Cards played both a 4-3 and 3-4 so he is familiar with both. I just love a dominant d-line. And with Vrabel, DJ, and Tamba we may have our pass rush needs covered (in a 3-4 at least) for this year.

                        With Orakpo, he would be perfect in a 4-3/3-4 defense since he can be a DE in a 4-3 and a rush OLB in a 3-4.

                        It would be an easier decision if we knew how our defense is going to run, but I would take either of these guys over Curry at the moment.
                        I think earlier someone said that the only reason Pendergast ran some plays out of the 3-4 is because Wishenhunt kinda forced him too. Also(It might be this thread, but I'm not sure). They ran a base 4-3 under defense. Orakpo could fit in as our Rush guy, but to me he seems an awful like Vernon Gholston....Mr. Workout. Raji I think is out of the question just because we have pretty much invested so much in Dorsey....

                        I'm also leaning away from Curry. However, the guy isn't a big blitzing Linebacker. However, he has shown that he's a proven linebacker that can take over a game. I mean, he's only gotten four picks in his college career, but they have all lead to points! Had that happen to us last year, we would've tripled our win total(2+4). Also, I personally don't like one-dimensional guys being picked that high in the draft...and I think that's what Orakpo is.

                        Needless to say that even though we are picking really high. We're in a ****** position for our needs.
                        hate him back, it works for me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...wwhi013009.htm

                          read that pendy runs a 4-3.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ok. I wasn't to sure what the Cards ran last year since I only really saw them play in the playoffs. I'd take Orakpo over Curry though, because a great LB is usless w/o a pass rush. Sure, he will get his tackles, but the defense,as a unit, will not be good.

                            Sig by BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! View Post
                              Ok. I wasn't to sure what the Cards ran last year since I only really saw them play in the playoffs. I'd take Orakpo over Curry though, because a great LB is usless w/o a pass rush. Sure, he will get his tackles, but the defense,as a unit, will not be good.
                              As bad as the Chiefs are, you don't take a lesser player just because there is more of a need at that position. If the Chiefs are picking at 3 and Curry is there, he is likely the very best player available and the Chiefs need to pick him. If they move down, then Orakpo might be more likely.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information