Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's always nearly impossible for great offensive coordinators to cede control when they become head coaches. Defensive coordinators don't seem to have the same problem as often. I trust Haley to have learned a lot over the last two years and be able to figure something out that works.

Comment

• Would Phil Taylor be a good fit in the 1st for KC?
      I know he isn't a 1st rounder yet, but I really think he could end up there.

Something like:
      1. Phil Taylor
      2. Leonard Hankerson
      3. Brooks Reed
      Last edited by Bengals78; 02-02-2011, 04:41 PM.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

• Completely depends on how he interviews. They likely don't see NT as a big enough need to take any chances in the first round. Ron Edwards has been solid and is relatively young for the position. He's a guy you'd like an upgrade for, but you're not completely upset if he's your guy going into the season. One of the 5-techs would be more likely.

Comment

• To me that would be an AMAZING draft, the only real need you didn't hit but can still find production later in the draft is C. I think the first pick is gonna be used on d-line or a center, the whole RT thing is blown way out of proportion to me, I think it is possible they draft a tackle, but I don't think it will be early because they feel comfortable with Barry Richardson or O'Challahan at the moment.

Comment

• Muir named OC....How i hate this move let me count the ways

Comment

• It could have been worse.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                It could have been worse.
                really?how?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                  Muir named OC....How i hate this move let me count the ways
                  I like it. The guy has the experience and trust of Haley to take care of all of the offensive coordinating duties while Haley calls the plays. It's a good move. The only thing I don't like about it is that Muir is an amazing OL coach, so they might lose something there.

Comment

really?how?
                    Bob Bratkowski is available.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                      Bob Bratkowski is available.
                      he said "it could be worse" not "worst possible outcome"

this hire is exactly inline with what i thought would happen. it's fine. Muir will be more than capable of being a faux OC. he will be very good for the team because they are already familiar with him and what he demands as a coach. it's gotta be even money in Vegas right now for Haley calling the plays.

Comment

• Muir was the OC in Tampa Bay under John Gruden. He's an organizer and gameplanner, not a playcaller. Should be a great fit.

Comment

• I like the move a lot.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Pure speculation here, but with Muir being an O-Line coach, I think you guys might see more carries for JC and TJ.

Comment

Muir named OC....How i hate this move let me count the ways
                              I think it's the best of both worlds. I assume Haley will call the plays. Muir is one of the best Offensive line coaches available. As well as his devote faith to our run game. He can be the gameplanner and have "a hand" in the play-calling.

Not a bad choice in my opinion.
                              hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                                Pure speculation here, but with Muir being an O-Line coach, I think you guys might see more carries for JC and TJ.
                                With Haley calling the plays, this will likely be the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information