• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
    His stats this year.

93 catches 1115 yards and 6 TD's.

http://www.nfl.com/players/santanamo...s?id=MOS717844
    Splat, those stats are pretty impressive but when you look closer you see a WR who will be 32 before the season starts, an age when most receivers, particularly the speed receivers, begin to decline. Indeed, if you look at his average per reception, you see a steady decline since 2004...
    2004 - 18.6
    2005 - 17.7
    2006 - 14.4
    2007 - 13.2
    2008 - 13.2
    2009 - 12.9
    2010 - 12.0

Look at catches of over 20 yards, from a high of 24 in 2005 to 9 last year.

The tank might not be empty but the light is definitely on. I'd pass and make a run at one of the younger guys (the Cards won't spend big money on both Breaston and Fitz, will they?).

Comment

• I'm pretty sure the Chiefs are getting ready to spend big money to keep Bowe, and I don't see them spending big money on two WR's.

I would be really surprised if Bowe didn't hold out with only one year on his deal and coming off his best year ever, he would kinda be a fool not to.

A player has to cash in when his stock is the highest and Bowe's stock is through the roof right now.

I think most of the Chiefs money is going to be spent locking up players all ready on the team.

Comment

• talking about signing any UFA/RFA player is a moot point until the CBA has been ratified and agreed to by the NFLPA and the owners. we really don't even know if the time table will make signing FAs a viable option at all. if a CBA isn't agreed to until just before the start of training camp or even preseason, then FAs would have a minimal time learn a new system and become integrated into the offense/defense. timing is everything, both on the field and off. i didn't really believe that FAs would have a big role in the 2011 Chiefs anyway, but with no CBA i think a FAs role would be even more greatly reduced.

Comment

• I'm not even thinking about FAs right now. I'm more concerned with locking up Hali longterm. Bowe needs a new contract too, but Hali is the cornerstone of this defense and we need to pay that man asap.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Shaun Rodgers is visiting KC per Schefter

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
              Shaun Rodgers is visiting KC per Schefter
              Would be worth the risk IMO.

Comment

• If he's motivated he would be a huge get. It's a big if though. If anyone can do it though I imagine Romeo will get him to play hard.

Comment

• A unmotivated Rodgers is still better then any NT the Chiefs had this season, if they can get him motivated that would just be a bonus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                    A unmotivated Rodgers is still better then any NT the Chiefs had this season, if they can get him motivated that would just be a bonus.
                    Good point.

Comment

• love the idea of getting a good NT now and drafting a late round guy to develop behind Rogers. didn't Rogers have his best season under Crennel?

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...p-new-orleans/

According to Rogers’ Twitter account, the free agent defensive tackle will visit the Saints. Rogers wrapped up a trip in Kansas City that included dinner with Chiefs coaches Romeo Crennel and Anthony Pleasant. Rogers played under Crennel in Cleveland.

Rogers thanked Kansas City for his brief stay, but said he might be back one day. Rogers has also visited the Redskins, and is reportedly determined to finally play for a winner after ten straight losing seasons as a pro.

Comment

• wonder if the fact he played for RAC gives us even a slight advantage

Comment

• League finds Lions guilty of tampering with Chiefs

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that the league has nailed the Lions for tampering with Chiefs players. The Lions will lose a seventh-round pick acquired from the Broncos in 2011, and the Chiefs and Lions will swap fifth-round picks.

It’s an eight-spot jump for the Chiefs in round five.

Comment

• Sid Rice and D Bowe = SEXY!!!!1

Comment

• Calm down brotha! It hasn't happened yet!

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information