Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya he plays DE I don't know what I was thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
      Jenkins is a 34 end. I would be in favor of it as I think he is an upgrade over Tyson Jackson and Shaun Smith.
      i don't doubt he is an upgrade over Tyson or Shaun (who isn't under contract currently). i just don't see Pioli paying that much $ for a player because it would look like he is giving up on Tyson. for whatever reason, he is refusing to admit, that to this point, Tyson has been a huge bust. he has gone as far as to say that Tyson is a "good player..." and that he would draft him again at #3 if he had it all to do over again. hopefully Tyson takes the majors steps needed to become a productive player. we all saw how much Dorsey progressed from year 2 to 3.

Comment

• I really don't think Tyson Jackson will ever be more then just another guy but I would love to be proven wrong.

Comment

• This year is definitely put up or shut up time for Tyson. He has to become solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
            This year is definitely put up or shut up time for Tyson. He has to become solid.
            yep, do or die time!

i know we haven't had long enough to declare 2010 or 2011 drafts as successes, yet, but isn't it odd how quickly 2009 draft was a complete bust. it seems out of character for Pioli and then i remembered that he kept all the previous scouts in place for the draft and then promptly fired them all the day after the draft was finished. it makes sense that he wouldn't have had enough time to bring in his own scouts and put together a proper big board in just a few months. these scouts are working all year long. just goes to prove how much scouts and organizational philosophy are much more important to a given team then anyone could guess. having good coaching is important too, but even the Chiefs good coaching couldn't make up for inferior talent (look @ the '09 draft)
            Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan; 05-07-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• If TJax doesn't at least show FLASHES this year he's gone. I still hate the pick and it is looking indefensible atm. Ugh.

At least the 10/11 drafts were homeruns.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• KSHB-TV had an interview with Casey Weigmann. (i saw the tv version and it had video. this like doesn't have any video, but the point is still the same.) we've all been wondering what Casey's plans for the 2011 season were. guess no longer. here is your answer.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/spo...his-nfl-future

he preparing to play in 2011. his only question is that he is currently not under contract for 2011 and he doesn't know if any team will come knocking. oh yeah, it has to be the right fit for him as well. his wife, (super hottie Danni Boatwrite) is from the surrounding KC area (Tonganoxie, KS) and he makes his off season home here in KC.

sounds to me like he is waiting for the CBA and then wants to play for the Chiefs. he said all the right things. when asked about drafting Hudson, he said they got a bunch of old guys on that line. gotta get young sometime. love it! i'm happy to know he wants to be back. it helps the OLine depth alot.

Comment

• Yeah, Hudson needs a year to get acclimated to C anyway. This is really good news.

Comment

• When Wiegmann and Waters retire we have two guys who can immediately step into those roles. It doesn't hurt that they'll also learn from some of the best in the business and have a year or two under their belts to get used to being a pro. It's really good news for the future of our line.

Comment

• Doubt emerges about Waters’ future in Kansas City

I could see this I think Asamoah is ready to start now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                        Doubt emerges about Waters’ future in Kansas City

I could see this I think Asamoah is ready to start now.
                        i can definitely see it happening. although i wouldn't like our depth for the OLine at all and i think the Chiefs will have to spend a lot of money to get back within the cap. they may need his 5+ million against the cap this season to help. remember, staying within the cap is why the Chiefs front loaded most of Cassel's money. they needed him to count alot against the cap to stay within the basement. especially since they are talking about the cap floor being very close to the cap ceiling. no more 90%

Comment

• Casey Wiegmann Coming Back To Chiefs On One-Year Deal

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/7...fs-free-agency

I'm happy now they don't have to force Rodney Hudson in to a starting role.

Comment

• Peace-out, Rudy. Feel bad for him...he did so much for the players and the community...

Comment

• Breaston to KC! Such a good move!

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                                Breaston to KC! Such a good move!
                                Amazing to look at our WR corps now compared to January. We have so many weapons now. Hopefully we address RT and NT in the next few days. I can't wait to see this team on the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information