Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Kansas City Chiefs General Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gonna be honest not liking the Gregg deal at all.Franklin IIRC is younger and does'nt Gregg have some injury concerns?I seem to remember him being hurt alot.KC Cheaps strike again

    Comment


    • T-Rich, not everything is the end of the world like you make it out to be. The Gregg signing is not bad.. he's a good player and he has some left in the tank. Regardless of whether or not he is signed, we need more DL depth anyway. I don't think Franklin is completely out of the picture so calm down.

      Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

      Comment


      • I love the Gregg pick up this is a Pioli move for sure. He is a stop gap but a great fit and a good locker room guy.

        I would like to get Franklin sure but I think some people are overrating him. He would be a up grade but he is far from a GREAT player.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Splat View Post
          I love the Gregg pick up this is a Pioli move for sure. He is a stop gap but a great fit and a good locker room guy.

          I would like to get Franklin sure but I think some people are overrating him. He would be a up grade but he is far from a GREAT player.
          Gregg is better than a stop gap. Granted he is getting on, but he was the Raven's starter from 2002 on. At the very least he should be as good as Edwards was last year. In the meantime Powe is on board, and has a top quality player to learn from, rather than a journeyman. For what he is worth, Toribio is still around. Maybe he learned something last season.

          J

          PS Gregg is also a Kansas native.


          Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

          Comment


          • I don't see how anyone can complain about Gregg... He's an upgrade and keeps their options open.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              Gregg is better than a stop gap.
              Hey, I love the pick up but the guy is 34 he is a stop gap.

              He will more then likely start and I'm glad to have him but he is not a long term anwser.

              Comment


              • i don't think anyone is complaining about getting Gregg. i think we are just feeling unfulfilled. we lose our starting NT and starting DE. all we've done to replace them is sign Gregg. Gregg is a good player that hopefully will step in an help this DLine stop the run. unless TJax is taking a huge step forward and Bailey is going to be the depth that TJax was last year, then i feel we are still just a little short of where we need to be on the DLine. that has little to do with Gregg and more to do with our overall depth.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                  i don't think anyone is complaining about getting Gregg. i think we are just feeling unfulfilled. we lose our starting NT and starting DE. all we've done to replace them is sign Gregg. Gregg is a good player that hopefully will step in an help this DLine stop the run. unless TJax is taking a huge step forward and Bailey is going to be the depth that TJax was last year, then i feel we are still just a little short of where we need to be on the DLine. that has little to do with Gregg and more to do with our overall depth.
                  Well we did lose 2 D-Linemen, but we did draft 2, which are most likely backups, and signed Gregg who starts in place of Edwards, and I'd hope, and I'm sure Pioli and Haley are hoping TJax lives up to those #3 pick expectations this year, I really don't think we will see anymore "name FA" except maybe McClain at FB, I think we have all of our starters and primary backups on the roster already.
                  Starters DE - TJax NT - Gregg DE - Dorsey
                  Primary BU DE - Bailey NT - Powe DE - Gilberry
                  With Dion Gales, Anthony Toribio, and Brandon Bair fighting it out for the last 1 or 2 D-Line spots.
                  I also think we will see a lot of more hybrid/exotic defensive looks this year.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Splat View Post
                    Hey, I love the pick up but the guy is 34 he is a stop gap.

                    He will more then likely start and I'm glad to have him but he is not a long term anwser.
                    Long term answer no. On that we agree.

                    However "stop gap" implies an emergency situation. This, in turn, implies both low level of production and a very short term, as in a few games. Gregg is a veteran starter from an elite defense. We can expect quality production. His time frame is a season or two, not a game or two.


                    Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

                    Comment


                    • The Chiefs have signed LB Brandon Siler from SD.

                      Comment


                      • It only makes us better, I think Siler starts over Belcher. But it brings in some good competition for that spot next to DJ. Siler is also very good on STs.
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                        Comment


                        • Agreed. My biggest concern with the Chiefs right now is depth so more moves like this are needed.

                          I'm really freaking out about our depth at QB if Cassel gets hurt we are so screwed.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Splat View Post
                            Agreed. My biggest concern with the Chiefs right now is depth so more moves like this are needed.

                            I'm really freaking out about our depth at QB if Cassel gets hurt we are so screwed.
                            I understand that, look at what Croyle did in the one game vs. the Chargers that Cassel was out for. I wouldn't mine a Bulger type but he is to expensive. Seriously though, I wouldn't be afraid to throw Stanzi in to the wolves.
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                            Comment


                            • Don't get me wrong I loved the Stanzi pick but that doesn't mean I want to see him out there this year lol.

                              Comment


                              • The Chiefs D Line has depth and so does the secondary

                                Daniels, Berry, McGraw, Lewis, Flowers, Arenas, Brown, Washington, Carr(soon)

                                DLine:
                                Tribio, Powe, Gregg, Tjax, Dorsey, Gilberry, Bailey and a UDFA i think Bair. Solid depth.

                                LB:
                                Hali, Studebaker, Houston, Belcher, DJ, DeMorrio, Siler, Pierre Walters, I think Gabe Miller makes the squad
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information