This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Thomas says he and Mike Vrabel have formed an unlikely bond

Chiefs linebacker Zach Thomas said Saturday evening that he might not have expected it, but he and fellow linebacker Mike Vrabel are hitting it off.

The two used to be rivals in the AFC East, Thomas with Miami and Vrabel in New England. Back then, Thomas had a pointed opinion about his rival.

Ive always hated that guy, Thomas said with a laugh. He was in New England, and I was in Miami every year. I always thought he was a real jerk. But Ill tell you what: I really like playing beside him. Being veterans, our communication clicks.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/879

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• Succop's spot not locked up yet

When the Kansas City Chiefs released Connor Barth just before the start of training camp, it appeared the competition for kicker was over. The job was rookie Ryan Succop's.

Not so fast.

Though he will get all the reps in training camp, Succop still has to earn his spot as the Chiefs kicker. Kickers at other teams' training camps, veterans waiting for another shot, even Barth-they're all still in the mix if Succop doesn't perform.

"He's got competition. His competition is just coming from guys that are out there right now, including Connor," Chiefs coach Todd Haley said. "Anything can happen."

http://www.masslive.com/sportsflash/...ylist=football

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• Larry Johnson isn't angry anymore

Larry Johnson's career in Kansas City has been anything but peaceful.

His trademark scowl has surfaced because of playing time issues, contract problems, injuries, and trouble with the law.

For a brilliant two-and-a-half year run in from 2005-2007, he was even one of the best running backs in football.

As those days recede further in the rearview mirror, L.J. seems to be adopting a different approach: He's just happy to be there.

A cynic would say that Johnson's attitude changed the minute the Chiefs won a grievance against him, making his 2009 salary non-guaranteed because of his suspension last year.

But to his credit, Johnson understood quickly it was no longer the team's job to impress him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...angry-anymore/

Comment

• 12 days until the first preseason game vs. the Texans...is everyone pumped yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
            12 days until the first preseason game vs. the Texans...is everyone pumped yet?
            Abso-freaking-lutely.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I just seen that the Chiefs have signed WR Amani Toomer on ESPN!

Comment

• Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
                I just seen that the Chiefs have signed WR Amani Toomer on ESPN!
                I really like this move.he gives us another reliable vet.sure he's not fast but he knows how to get open and more importantly CATCH the ball

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                  I really like this move.he gives us another reliable vet.sure he's not fast but he knows how to get open and more importantly CATCH the ball
                  Haha I was just thinking how I don't like this move. We have enough "veteran" WRs on this team. We need to get younger at that position, not older.

Bowe
                  Bradley
                  Engram
                  Toomer?

Where is he starting? Or is he going to be a 3rd/4th?

I don't know, just seems weird is all.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                    Haha I was just thinking how I don't like this move. We have enough "veteran" WRs on this team. We need to get younger at that position, not older.

Bowe
                    Bradley
                    Engram
                    Toomer?

Where is he starting? Or is he going to be a 3rd/4th?

I don't know, just seems weird is all.
                    my guess is Webb might want to be worried.from every report from TC I hear the WR's drop more passes then they catch.so the more guys you can add who can catch the better.plus for a 1 yr deal it's worth the chance IMO

Comment

• I would agree that I like the hire. Yeah he is older, but the team isn't ready to shoot for a Super Bowl right now. So in the meantime, why not hire some veterans to help get us through until we are ready to aim for the title and still win some games while we are at it.

We are not exactly stacked at WR so as mentioned any new WR's who can catch I say are welcome to the team. Not to mention more influence on Dwayne Bowe to learn from some veterans around the league.

Comment

• The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Tuesday that the club has claimed LB Vince Redd off waivers from New England. Redd (6-6, 260) played in five games and was inactive for one contest for New England in 2008 after beginning the year on the

Comment

• Yesterday...we cut QB Ingle Martin and picked up QB Matt Gutierrez from NE waivers. Another Patriot! :P

Comment

• Ryan Succop is the bee's knees.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Brad Biggs of NFP and Nick Wright of KCSP radio in Kansas City report that the Chiefs have agreed to terms with defensive end Tyson Jackson, the third overall pick in the 2009 draft.

Per Wright, it's a five-year deal.

The development could accelerate talks between the Seahawks and linebacker Aaron Curry, the fourth overall pick. It's widely believed that Curry and the Seahawks were waiting on Jackson and the Chiefs.

Comment

• Good news. Good word is coming out of practive tha Mcgee is playing very well right now. With Jackson and Dorsey also we have the makings of a much better DLine this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information