X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs place OT O'Callaghan on I.R

Dude is hurt more than Priest Holmes.

Comment

• I was at the Chiefs practice at Arrowhead a few nights ago and O'Call yelled at a little girl right next to me.. he's a prick.

In related news, James Sanders has a meeting scheduled here in KC.. so I hope the Falcons let him walk without a contract! He would be greaaat depth and make me feel better about our secondary. He could even push Lewis for a starting spot, though I think that'd be a mistake with the way he gelled with Berry and the Brandons last year.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Ya, I figured they will look at James Sanders.

I don't know enough about him to say if he would be an upgrade over Lewis but like you said great depth for sure.

Comment

• Former Patriots safety James Sanders and the Atlanta Falcons reached agreement tonight on a one-year deal.

Via Adam

Comment

• Boo! Oh well.

Comment

• Ya, would have been nice but not going to lose sleep over it.

Starter wise I love our secondary.

Comment

• Yeah, but Lewis was hurt last year and I really wanted someone a little more.. flashy.. over Jon McGraw incase it happened again.

Like you said, not gunna lose sleep over it. :)

Comment

• Jon McGraw is the kinda of player I love having on the team but want to see on the field as little as possible.

He is pretty good on SP teams and makes some plays vs the run but he has no business starting.

I really hope Lewis can stay healthy. He flashed at times last year and I think he can be an impact player for the Chiefs.

Comment

• Completely agree about McGraw.. I love the way he approaches the game, helps the younger guys, and is a ST demon.. but starting on defense? Ehhh.. not so much.

There is a place in the NFL for guys like McGraw, but it isn't as a starter.

Comment

• Yeah I'm really scared about our depth too. It doesn't look good at all.

If Gaither can't start at LT next year (with Albert moving to RT) then RT is our biggest glaring weakness. Hell, I wouldn't mind if they slowly transitioned Albert over there this year if Gaither is 100% healthy.

Ugh. Depth at so many positions (OL, S, CB) are so bad. I hope we're mostly injury free again this year. Ugh ugh ugh.

Comment

• That lack of depth is why I said the PS proves there will be FA signings. Lewis is the official backup OG, but he is not ready. I expect a veteran signing.

More interesting is TE, just Pope and O'C. My guess is that the blocking TE will be Maneri. Also, do not forget that Waters was a TE.

I do not understand why anyone thinks Albert should be eased out of LT. Gaither is the swing tackle, not the starter, unless he beat out Richardson. In that case BR is the swing and Gaither starts at RT. Of course Mims and Maneri figure as well.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          That lack of depth is why I said the PS proves there will be FA signings. Lewis is the official backup OG, but he is not ready. I expect a veteran signing.

More interesting is TE, just Pope and O'C. My guess is that the blocking TE will be Maneri. Also, do not forget that Waters was a TE.

I do not understand why anyone thinks Albert should be eased out of LT. Gaither is the swing tackle, not the starter, unless he beat out Richardson. In that case BR is the swing and Gaither starts at RT. Of course Mims and Maneri figure as well.

J
                          The thing with Gaither he will be worse than Kwame Harris at RT, he is a pure LT in every sense of the word. Cannot and should not ever play RT, that is where people are being hopeful about the abilities of Gaither. He has the ability to be a top 5 LT in the game. The thing is, BRich shouldn't start ever, anywhere, not in Buffalo. He is a perfect swing guy IMO, on a whim in a spot start once a year he could do it.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Gaither is easily better than Albert if 100%.

That is not a knock on Albert it just is what it is.

I'm with BOE Gaither is a LT first and foremost and if he can prove he is ready to play he should be the starting LT and Albert the RT.

As for Richardson I think he played better then most gave him credit for last year but has been down right awful this preseason.
                            Last edited by Splat; 09-06-2011, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Splat you are a better RT than Richardson.
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• I have trouble with the smaller faster DE's.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information