Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaither, when healthy, is head and shoulders above Albert at LT. It's fact. If I have two linemen like Gaither and Albert I'd get them both on the field at the same time to make the strongest possible line, so Albert, logically, would be the one to move over.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan
      the Chiefs thinness at the interior OLine positions is scary. 1 player, a undersized rookie C, will be the BU for all 3 interior positions. that depth will come to hurts us. even as healthy as the Chiefs were last year, a BU OG had to make 1 start.

yes, we added weapons to Cassel's arsenal, but did we protect him? i'll be the 1st to admit that i thought the OLine overachieved last year. i'm hoping they can do it again because on paper the depth is pathetic.
      The OL didn't overachieve last year. It was a talented group that just progressed. It's a much more talented group this year and hopefully they continue to make progress towards fulfilling their potential as a unit. The only weak spot on the OL is backup G. The rest is looking pretty awesome. Looked like crap in the pre-season with mixed-in street players and guys playing out of position, but this is a really nice group that has a couple years together.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Lewis is the official backup OG
        J
        not according to the Kansas City Chiefs and their website.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html

Hudson is listed as the #1 BU for LG, C and RG. actually, after further looking, there isn't an offensive lineman named Lewis on the 53 man roster. Butch Lewis made the practice squad, but he can't help until the week after someone is injured.

Originally posted by nepg View Post
        The OL didn't overachieve last year. It was a talented group that just progressed. It's a much more talented group this year and hopefully they continue to make progress towards fulfilling their potential as a unit. The only weak spot on the OL is backup G. The rest is looking pretty awesome. Looked like crap in the pre-season with mixed-in street players and guys playing out of position, but this is a really nice group that has a couple years together.
        overachieve was a poor choice of words on my part. what i meant is exceeded expectations. most Chiefs fans didn't go into the 2010 season with the idea that the Chiefs would be able to impose their running game on almost every team we played. plus, make as many strides in pass protection as they did (i attribute most of that to the effective running game). it feels like deja vu cause i'm hoping the OLine exceeds my expectations. maybe not from starter or an execution standpoint, but from a depth perspective. our 5 starters have to stay healthy all year. doing that would exceed my expectations. i know how the NFL is and getting your line to play every snap of every game is impossible.
        Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan; 09-06-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
          not according to the Kansas City Chiefs and their website.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html

Hudson is listed as the #1 BU for LG, C and RG. actually, after further looking, there isn't an offensive lineman named Lewis on the 53 man roster. Butch Lewis made the practice squad, but he can't help until the week after someone is injured.

overachieve was a poor choice of words on my part. what i meant is exceeded expectations. most Chiefs fans didn't go into the 2010 season with the idea that the Chiefs would be able to impose their running game on almost every team we played. plus, make as many strides in pass protection as they did (i attribute most of that to the effective running game). it feels like deja vu cause i'm hoping the OLine exceeds my expectations. maybe not from starter or an execution standpoint, but from a depth perspective. our 5 starters have to stay healthy all year. doing that would exceed my expectations. i know how the NFL is and getting your line to play every snap of every game is impossible.
          OK Lewis, on the PS, is the one I refered to. He is the de facto, if unofficial, backup. If an injury occured in a game situation, we would make do with Hudson, but Lewis is available for the next week. Of course, like others, I expect a FA signing.

As to the 2010 season, casual fans were thinking the OL stunk, but forums like this one knew better. If you go back to August 2010, we had discussions on why the OL was not a big issue. This year we replaced Waters, and will replace Weigmann. Those are the last holdovers from the glory days of the last decade.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

• I'm supremely confident in Asamoah, but I have my doubts about Hudson, but that is only because he's a rookie. He has the ability to be a great center someday though.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              OK Lewis, on the PS, is the one I refered to. He is the de facto, if unofficial, backup. If an injury occured in a game situation, we would make do with Hudson, but Lewis is available for the next week. Of course, like others, I expect a FA signing.

J
              now Lewis has been released to free up a roster spot for a practice squad TE. the season is quickly approaching and the time for picking up players off the scrap heap is quickly dwindling. i'm just saying the depth on this line is terrible and unless everyone stays healthy all year, we will see consequences.

Comment

• So Peyton could potentially be out when we play them week 5.. that sucks for Peyton because he's one hell of a QB but I'd be lying if I said I was disappointed he wasn't going to play.

We played them tough last year with a healthy Peyton so maybe we can steal that one.

Comment

• any news on Berry's injury?that was the icing on the craptastic cake yesterday

Comment

• Eric Berry is out for the year according to NFLN. Torn ACL

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Yup. FML. This season is over. Good game y'all.

Comment

• Piscitelli was just awful trying to replace Berry.

Comment

• Play Stanzi the rest of the year :)

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                            Eric Berry is out for the year according to NFLN. Torn ACL
                            Was the sound I just heard BOE's head exploding?
                            Scott Wright, President
                            Draft Countdown.com
                            www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                            www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                              Was the sound I just heard BOE's head exploding?
                              It was probably Chiefs fans everywhere collectively chanting the word Luck over and over.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                                It was probably Chiefs fans everywhere collectively chanting the word Luck over and over.
                                Or they could just hire Charlie Weis to replace Haley and get Cassel back on track. :)
                                Scott Wright, President
                                Draft Countdown.com
                                www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                                www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information