Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trent Green was working in a system he was familiar with from St. Louis that was run by Al Saunders and Dick Vermeil that created a lot more opportunities for the ****** receivers they had outside of Kennison and Tony. Also, Johnnie Morton's no slouch and Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson are a **** load more useful out of the backfield than what the Chiefs have right now (well, maybe they should use what they have better?).

So Green had 2 solid receivers, one amazing te, and a runningback who was great out of the backfield. Not very comparable to Cassel having...Dwayne Bowe. Green also was operating behind one of the best offensive lines in the history of football, but I like the Chiefs' current OL...so we'll leave that one alone.
    Last edited by nepg; 09-19-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
      Trent Green was working in a system he was familiar with from St. Louis that was run by Al Saunders and Dick Vermeil that created a lot more opportunities for the ****** receivers they had outside of Kennison and Tony. Also, Johnnie Morton's no slouch and Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson are a **** load more useful out of the backfield than what the Chiefs have right now (well, maybe they should use what they have better?).
      In Det maybe. Dude was down right awful in KC.

Also Jamaal and Dexter are a million times better in the passing game than Larry Johnson ever was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
        At the end of the day I don't trust Cassel to win a game for the Chiefs it's that simple. He can mange a game and at times not lose it for them but he can't put the team on his shoulder and win.

It's nothing against him personally. I think he is a great guy and teammate and it dam sure isn't a lack of effort it just is what it is.

Great QB's make players around them better.

Brady,Brees and Rodgers lose weapons all the time and don't miss a freaking beat.

Maybe I'm expecting to much from Cassel but if the Chiefs ever want to be more then middle of the pack they need a elite QB.
        THIS!!! 'you must spread some reputation around before giving it to Splat again' this is the only thing that matters, ELITE QBs win SB Rings. Cassel is a serviceable guy that would be good depth, but he is nowhere near elite. I want a ******* SB Title in my life time. lets go get a QB that'll get us 1!

Comment

• Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
          THIS!!! 'you must spread some reputation around before giving it to Splat again' this is the only thing that matters, ELITE QBs win SB Rings. Cassel is a serviceable guy that would be good depth, but he is nowhere near elite. I want a ******* SB Title in my life time. lets go get a QB that'll get us 1!
          With the way we're playing I don't think having a high pick is going to be the problem.. I just hope Pioli is smart enough to pull the trigger with the opportunity staring him in the face.

Now we just have to win only 1 or 2 games this year, and endure another awful season for the future of this club.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Well considering that the Chiefs SoS will be ridiculously high this year, one win max is probably what it'll take to secure Luck. The Seahawks and Colts seem very determined to out suck us for Luck.

Word seems to be floating around that Pioli is ready to give up on Cassel too, so I think Luck is a done deal if they get the chance.

E: Side note. How hard would it be to request a namechange to Suck4Luck?
            Last edited by TonyGfortheTD; 09-20-2011, 12:50 AM.
            Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

• I am a little bothered that we are sitting on a ton of cap room right now but our roster has no depth. Wether that is on Pioli or Hunt I have no idea, but it's an embarrasment how thin our roster is with all of the money we have on the table. I don't believe that free agency is the answer to building a roster, but I do think we are way to conservative. I'm afraid Hunt got his new stadium and is keeping payroll low to maximize profits. It's almost looking like the Royals model but in a league that has more parity through schedules and a salary cap. Either way I guess we should hope we get the top pick, but I can't bring myself into hoping for my team to lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                With the way we're playing I don't think having a high pick is going to be the problem.. I just hope Pioli is smart enough to pull the trigger with the opportunity staring him in the face.

Now we just have to win only 1 or 2 games this year, and endure another awful season for the future of this club.
                it used to be that drafting a QB early cost a fortune and if you guesses incorrectly, you set the franchise back for years. with the new rookie wage scale, it should be easier to pull the trigger on a top QB. it won't cost an arm and a leg (just an arm now) and it shouldn't be that difficult to over come in the long run. you would think that only the time invested would be lost. no long term effects of a bust rookie QB

Comment

• The Chiefs are weak on the lines, that's the simple answer. Couple that with losing 3 of the teams most valuable skill players and you have a recipe for disaster. If the Chiefs are in a position to draft Andrew Luck they must do so. Cassel is a competent starting quarterback and I think if you give him time and weapons he can lead you to a Super Bowl, but Andrew Luck is possibly the best quarterback to come out in the last decade.

The loss of Moeaki and Charles is devastating to the Chiefs offense though. They both brought an ability to open things up for the offense, and without them I don't see how the Chiefs move the ball consistently, at all. Not without a better offensive line.

Comment

• Exactly, and this year we'll have an opportunity to get a good QB prospect in Luck OR Barkley (if we're not first overall bad). Obviously I'd prefer Luck, but Barkley is not a bad consolation prize.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
                      I am a little bothered that we are sitting on a ton of cap room right now but our roster has no depth. Wether that is on Pioli or Hunt I have no idea, but it's an embarrasment how thin our roster is with all of the money we have on the table. I don't believe that free agency is the answer to building a roster, but I do think we are way to conservative. I'm afraid Hunt got his new stadium and is keeping payroll low to maximize profits. It's almost looking like the Royals model but in a league that has more parity through schedules and a salary cap. Either way I guess we should hope we get the top pick, but I can't bring myself into hoping for my team to lose.
                      Cap room really doesn't have much to do with it. If there's no one worth putting money into, they're smart to keep it and sign their own guys. They don't have the lockerroom built up to just bring in a bunch of free agents and rely on their players to get the FAs up to speed and on board with what they're doing.

The issue with the depth this year has a lot to do with the lock out. I guess you can blame Clark Hunt for that if you choose. This is a team that needed to bring in a ton of UDFAs to minicamp and OTAs and get them acclimated to their system. With the lock out, that was impossible.

There were guys they tried to bring in, but those players chose to go elsewhere. James Sanders would have been a huge pick up. Ty Warren could have been a nice addition (luckily, they didn't get him as he's injured again)... They went out and got Gaither, Gregg, Breaston, and Siler which addressed a few big needs that remained after the draft. They just lack depth at 3 positions that have become really important in the NFL: WR, TE, and CB.
                      Last edited by nepg; 09-20-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• The hail-mary play at the half, I think it was, where he scrambled around aimlessly forever, only to get sacked and not even get the pass off...that's who Cassel is. Don't mean to pile on but it hurt to watch that play. Just snooping around the board. Thinking about a mock and just curious what the talk was.

I do think the SD game will be closer than the first two but wondering if Cassel will even finish the game-anyone else think Palko might get an opportunity?

Also, it looked like Charles tried to stop while stepping on the 1st down marker-curious if anyone else saw that and just speculating if that instability when he planted might have blew the knee? Thoughts....?

Originally posted by borg9
                        Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

• I saw the Charles play and I knew the second it happened that he was out for the year with a torn ACL. It just looked like it.

As for Cassel, that is who he is. He holds onto the ball for way too long and makes suspect decisions when he has it. He has a chance to be an above average QB but the team around him needs to be very good.

If you're doing a mock it's hard not to have the Chiefs at #1 overall after two weeks. Give us Luck. We need to start over at that position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
                            The hail-mary play at the half, I think it was, where he scrambled around aimlessly forever, only to get sacked and not even get the pass off...that's who Cassel is. Don't mean to pile on but it hurt to watch that play. Just snooping around the board. Thinking about a mock and just curious what the talk was.

I do think the SD game will be closer than the first two but wondering if Cassel will even finish the game-anyone else think Palko might get an opportunity?

Also, it looked like Charles tried to stop while stepping on the 1st down marker-curious if anyone else saw that and just speculating if that instability when he planted might have blew the knee? Thoughts....?
                            You are right about the injury. Charles was stretching for the first down, he was pushed and lost his balance and then he planted his foot on the down marker. You could see movement in the knee and, as Vidae said, knew immediately that it was bad.

As for Cassel, I think there has been a tendency to blame him for everything that is wrong with this offense. With this receiving corp, no QB could suceed. It's pretty much Dwayne Bowe and nothing. People I know in Arizona say that after the injuries, Breaston isn't the same player he was when Haley was there. Jerheme Urban!!!??? Not sure what Haley sees in him but I'll bet the idea of game planning for Jerheme Urban must give offensive coordinators in the NFL a good laugh.

Cassel isn't the guy that can put the team on his back and carry them to victory. He's a game manager, his job is not to win the game, his job is not to lose it. Is that bad thing? Well, that's pretty much what Len Dawson was but he had a better cast around him. Cassel must have help and right now he's not getting it. The first two interceptons on Sunday, he hit the receiver in the hands (both hands). That's about all you can expect any QB to do.

BTW...yes, if we can draft Luck, we must draft Luck.

Comment

• Jon Baldwin was a limited participant in practice today and the big splint is gone. Maybe he'll be able to see some action by week 6 or 7. I'd love to see him in a real game.

ps good to see you kicking around here again Matriculator!
                              Last edited by vidae; 09-22-2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• He should be back for the Indy game. Thought he was only supposed to be out 2-4 weeks of the regular season...

Cassel is more than a game manager. We saw that he's more than that last year and we saw that he's more than that in 2008.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information