Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis made a terrible gamble on the Scheffler TD. That play kind of put the Chiefs out of the game completely. I have a hard time being too down on the defense, though.

Comment

• its pretty obvious to me. QBs that are capable of winning a Super Bowl Trophy also make their teammates alot better. Brees loses Colstin every year for multiple weeks and still gets 4500 and 33. Manning loses Collie, Garcon and Clark and still finds a way for his team to make a run and win their division. Rodgers loses everyone at 1 point or another and wins a SB. those QBs are SB winning QBs. everyone on that team is better because that QB is in the huddle and taking the snap. there isn't any excuses about injury, OC or scheme. they just get it done with whichever schlub they have playing/coaching that day.

Cassel needs top notch everything surrounding him and then we're hoping that he can manage this team to a SB title. that **** just doesnt happen. unfortunately, the QB position is about overcoming problems and still getting it done.

i guess it all boils down to 1 simple question. nepg, do you feel that Cassel is capable of leading the Chiefs to a Super Bowl victory? if you were the GM, would you feel comfortable with being the leader of your team with a SB ring as the final goal?

my only hope is to see the Chiefs win a Super Bowl. as i have said about every position and coach, if they aren't the ones capable of winning the Chiefs a SB, then they are standing in the way of the player/coach that will. Cassel is a good stop gap, but IMO, he isn't a SB caliber QB and he is only holding down this position until we can find that QB. Luck is that QB. Andrew gets up in the morning and pisses excellence. Cassel would be lucky to be sitting at the bottom of the bowl and get some on him. that's the closest Cassel will get to a SB QB.

it isn't Cassel's fault. he is who he is and i'm happy that he got a chance to prove his worth and get paid handsomely while doing it. now, we know who he is and it's time to move forward. nobody is mad, it's just the real world. if you aren't good at your job and can be replaced by a person with much more capabilities than yourself, then the business will move on and you're out of a job.

Comment

• You're obviously not paying attention to the players on the depth charts for the Saints, Colts, and Packers if you think having the receivers Cassel has is in any way comparable to those situations.

Brees loses Colston? He has Devery Henderson (2nd round pick with speed to burn), Robert Meachem (first round pick), Lance Moore (highly productive at Toledo with BruGrad at QB), Adrian Arrington (big receiver who was very productive at Michigan)... They have great depth that was built from lots of talent. Not no names that Brees transformed into amazing players just by being Drew Brees.

Rodgers only ever lost Finley, but the Packers always have great depth at TE. Rodgers has one of the sickest receiving groups in the NFL. Not trying to knock Flynn or Rodgers, but when the backup can come in and put up similar numbers, things are going well outside of the QB situation. What happened when Cassel was hurt last year? Not exactly what happened when Flynn had to play against New England when Rodgers was out...

Manning never lost Reggie Wayne. Jacob Tamme was a highly talented and productive TE out of Kentucky who fit right into the Dallas Clark role, and Blair White was super productive at Michigan State. Even then with White, you're talking about the Colts getting down to their 5TH receiver! Their fifth receiver is a **** load more talented than what the Chiefs are throwing out there on Sundays outside of Bowe.

The Chiefs don't have talent at the receiver position beyond Bowe, Baldwin, and maybe Breaston. Pin it on Pioli or Haley, or whoever, but with 2 of the 4 guys that were supposed to come in and help the passing game are out, and all you've got to replace them is dogshit, I can't really put that on Cassel.

I've got zero problem with Cassel going forward. I think he's perfectly capable of leading the Chiefs to a championship, but they need to increase the level of talent that he's throwing to by a lot because right now, it's easily the worst in the NFL without Baldwin and Moeaki. And on Haley/Pioli's defense with this matter, they needed to bring in a bunch of UDFA receivers to compete, but couldn't because of the lockout and lack of time to work with them.
        Last edited by nepg; 09-22-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Cassel will never lead this club to a championship. It won't happen. He isn't good enough to do that. Good QBs make everyone around them better. Cassel can't do that and he'll never be able to do that. Cassel can't even look off his first read, he doesn't go through progressions, he doesn't throw it away when he needs to.. he's not what we need going forward.

If we have a seriously stacked team and a cupcake schedule, Cassel is your guy. If you want to contend not for playoffs, but CHAMPIONSHIPS, we're going to have to look elsewhere. Plain and simple.

Here is to hoping we have the opportunity to draft either Luck or Barkley, both of which make this team better, right now. If either are available where we pick, they're the obvious choice.
          Last edited by vidae; 09-22-2011, 09:01 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• His stats in his previous four starts, three of which were at home: 57-of-109 for 437 yards, one touchdown and a whopping nine interceptions.

If we're playing CupcakeU and we're up two scores he can manage games, but he'll never win us one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
              Everytime I see highlights of the Chiefs/Lions game, Kendrick Lewis is getting toasted. Well it looks like the corners were having trouble, but still what the ****.

At least Dex will ball out now and you still have Powe and Darryl Harris. Represent.
              Nobody is going to miss Eric Berry more than Kendrick Lewis. Last year Berry took every defensive snap for the Chiefs (1,065 defensive plays) and almost half of their 468 special teams plays. Lewis is going to have to relearn his position. Instead of Berry next to him, it's going to be either Jon McGraw or Sabby Piscitelli. Ouch!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chief_fan88 View Post
                Cassel put up pretty decent numbers last year with a worse supporting cast, so what is wrong with him this year, you would hope he gets better from season to season, and I question weather he was that good last year, because he really only played well against bad defenses, and once Weis said he was leaving he fell off a cliff.

The only way Cassel will be good, is to be around Weis or another offensive genius, or have a ridiculously talented team, like the Patriots, and did he even take them to the playoffs?
                Weiss is gone. That has to be a big part of it, but the team preparation is not up to last year either. Not as bad as 2009, but much too close.

Also, I have to wonder is the OC is really the OC, and if he is, is he any good.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

• The Chiefs have 3 OC's and they all suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                    The Chiefs have 3 OC's and they all suck.
                    They are not playing hard, but they are playing dumb. That is a tough pair to overcome.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

• So, how pumped is Jared Allen going to be next week? I'm calling 3 sacks.

Comment

• In the first half maybe.

Comment

• Does it rub anyone else the wrong way that Anthony Becht is wearing #88.

It's nothing against Becht but no one should ever wear that number again.

Comment

• I do think that once Tony G retires (and retires a Chief, like he said he would) they should retire that number with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                              The Chiefs have 3 OC's and they all suck.
                              for Luck???

Comment

• Sounds like a high ankle sprain for Flowers, out at least 2 weeks. No concrete sourse.
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information