This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
    Sounds like a high ankle sprain for Flowers, out at least 2 weeks. No concrete sourse.
    This is what Nick Wright of 610 Sports is reporting. Arrowhead Pride has picked up the story and cited Wright. If it is a high ankle sprain, 2 weeks is probably a best case scenario and a month might be more reasonable.

Comment

• Well, the third week is a bye week. Sucks to lose him for any amount of time, but the Vikings and the Colts is a decent opportunity to see what their depth looks like at CB. The Vikings don't really have much outside of Harvin and TEs, and the Colts will be a nice challenge afterwards. I'm a bit more excited about it after Sunday than I was when before the season started.

Comment

• I think all of the draft picks are turning out pretty well.

*Baldwin is working himself into the offense after being out earlier in the season with a thumb injury
        *Hudson is the obvious future C and looked solid in that role in pre-season.
        *Houston looks like an absolute stud and a perfect fit opposite Hali at times (slowly coming along)
        *Bailey is mentioned in the posts above.
        *Jalil Brown is buried on the CB depth chart, but it sounds like he's coming along well
        *Stanzi absolutely rocked in the limited training camp and the coaches love him
        *Gabe Miller was conveniently placed on the IR before the season began. He needs more time to develop, but has some excellent tools.
        *Powe hasn't seen much action, but looked great in the pre-season
        *Shane Bannon is on the PS. Chiefs are trying to keep him a secret, and will likely replace LeRon McClain in 2012.

They really didn't miss on any picks.

Comment

• I'd love for them to actually let Justin Houston rush the passer a bit, but meh.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Yeah, he was tearing **** up when they let him go in pre-season. If the Chiefs were running Pittsburgh's 3-4 defense with the guys they have, they'd lead the NFL in sacks and teams flat-out wouldn't want to play them.

Comment

• that's what cracks me up about people blasting our pass rush. it's alot more to do with the scheme we run than the players we have. i grew up watching the Schottenheimer Chiefs play defense. i would much rather an aggressive defense. sacks, turnovers and pressure change the dynamic of a game faster than anything else. we have the personnel (when 100% healthy) to run a very aggressive defense. Hali, Houston and DJ are great pass rushers when turned loose. our CBs can cover in man 2 man or zone. Berry and Lewis are good at creating TOs.

Comment

• i was in love with bailey for a long time as a potential pass rushing 5 tech, glad to see him coming around early...lot of people knocked him as just being an athlete.

hows tyson jackson doing? any better? i know dorsey had a DE coming out party last year, tyson was my dude a few years ago
                E]

Comment

• Tyson's been a lot better this year. He's starting to put it together (hopefully). I think he struggled with the size and role change early in his career.

Comment

• Sounds like Mike Tolbert might not play Monday which is good news for the Chiefs. That said Gates should play and I'm sure he will kill the Chiefs like always.

Comment

• They're missing their RG too. I'm not going to complain.. the Chiefs have enough injuries.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-mike-tolbert/

Pro Bowl guard Kris Dielman is out after suffering a scary concussion and seizure last week. Norv Turner also admitted that running back Mike Tolbert is likely out, as is starting outside linebacker Shaun Phillips.
                        Shaun Phillips being out could be huge. I'm still expecting the Chiefs to lose a close game but they have a chance.

Comment

• I actually like the Chiefs to win in a close game. Arrowhead, MNF, we've got all the momentum in the world right now.. 23 to 20 Chiefs.

Comment

• They can stop Matthews. They had issues bringing Tolbert down (everyone does).

Comment

• So Tashard Choice was waived by the Cowboys. He's injured, but could be a nice upgrade over Jones for the Chiefs if his shoulder heals.

Comment

• I've taken dumps that run harder than Thomas Jones. I'd give Choice a lookover.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information