This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
    Second thing, if I'm the new head coach, I'm asking Scott to get me a quarterback, either Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin 3.
    My God people that ship has sailed move on. There is NO WAY what so ever Luck will ever be a Chief.

Comment

• You don't know that. If the Colts miss out on Luck I could see the Rams dealing the #1 pick. Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Sure.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
        So if I'm Scott Pioli, I'd go hire Gregg Williams as my head coach. Previous head coaching experience, successful coordinating defenses everywhere he's been, Missouri native who presumeably would want to coach the Kansas City Chiefs. Only negative is he would likely want to switch back to a 4-3, Houston and Hali might be a little undersized to be your base ends. Hopefully Williams could hire a 3-4 coordinator (Romeo probably won't stay if he's not head coach, IMO) so the Chiefs don't have to spend a year or two transitioning.
        Gregg Williams is terrible. Spending any time transitioning is a bad way to go for this team. They need to just stick with Romeo and fix the offensive coaching situation.

This is a team that had everything go wrong this season and is still in a position to finish the season with 7 wins. They had 10 wins last year with a ton of holes on the roster. They're a good off-season away from being a really good team.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
          You don't know that. If the Colts miss out on Luck I could see the Rams dealing the #1 pick. Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Sure.
          As of today there are 8 teams with a worse record than the Chiefs. I don't see any way what so ever they could/would move up that far in the draft.

On top of that the team would have to want to trade down which is highly unlikely with a player like Luck on the board.

Comment

• If you're the Rams you have a franchise caliber QB and a ton of holes everywhere else. And 9 to 1 is a big jump? The Jets moved up 20 spots a few years ago to select Sanchez. If you're a franchise QB, teams will move up for you.

Comment

• Personally, I would love to keep Romeo as the Head Coach. I think we have that system that he was successful in "The Patriot" way. He's made this defense into a legitamite one. I often wonder if this constant coaching changes are hurting the young talent on this team. So I would like us to keep the same coaching staff. I mean, we whipped the Packers with this same system, why wouldn't you think with an off-season under their belt, they wouldn't be at least more deadly?
              hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                If you're the Rams you have a franchise caliber QB and a ton of holes everywhere else. And 9 to 1 is a big jump? The Jets moved up 20 spots a few years ago to select Sanchez. If you're a franchise QB, teams will move up for you.
                I think we're competing against the redskins and a few other teams. No way Pioli gives up what's needed to get Luck, or RGIII. If I were the Rams, I'd make sure the team that's moving up is getting bent over and making sure I forgot the lube.
                hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
                  Personally, I would love to keep Romeo as the Head Coach. I think we have that system that he was successful in "The Patriot" way. He's made this defense into a legitamite one. I often wonder if this constant coaching changes are hurting the young talent on this team. So I would like us to keep the same coaching staff. I mean, we whipped the Packers with this same system, why wouldn't you think with an off-season under their belt, they wouldn't be at least more deadly?
                  Few things: I'm so sick of this "Patriots Way" ********. It's so overused by everyone at 1 Arrowhead Drive and the media in KC that it's just ridiculous. People need to get over that.

Second, our defense was blown out in multiple games. Scapegoat the offense if you'd like, but you still have to go out and play football.

I'd be fine with RAC as the HC here as long as the entire offensive coaching staff (sans Zorn) is fired. No one on that side of the ball deserves to keep their job. And neither does Steve Hoffman for that matter. You want to keep the D intact? Fine, but the rest of these so called "coaches" have to go.

And lastly, the same team that beat the Packers is the same team that got blown out by the Lions, Bills, Dolphins (who were winless), Patriots and Jets. We need to do a lot more improvement than most people are willing to admit.

Comment

• The term "Patriot Way" does get overused and most people don't even know what it's all about. It's not even the "Patriot" Way, it's what all great franchises in the NFL have been built upon in the salary cap era. Team first players, strong locker rooms, having every individual from the owner down to the water boy on board with a singular, synergistic plan for success.

Steelers do it, Packers do it, Patriots do it, Saints do it, Colts do it, etc. Pioli has built that in KC, but **** just didn't go right this year. Lock-out really hurt the organization and they didn't get a great result on the field. But they never lost that singularity.

There were a couple games where it was the defense that just fell apart without the offense having given them no reason to even show up in the second half. Notably, the Miami game. The other being the Jets.

The Lions and Bills games... There was just nothing good about them other than they happened early in the season rather than later. Those two are on the offensive coaches.

Gutting the offensive coaching staff just sounds really bad. They have a lot of good guys on that side of the ball. Muir is a great OL coach, Carthon is probably the best RB coach in the NFL, and Zorn is probably solid (really tough to tell what kind of impact he had). The only thing is that they've all been failures as playcallers and designers of offenses. I don't even hate Muir's playcalling, I just think the offense is terribly designed and his personnel packages are bad. He usually makes the right call on what kind of play to run, imo.
                    Last edited by nepg; 12-29-2011, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• If Muir is still the OC of this team next year it's going to be another losing effort. The complexity of the NFL game has passed him by. And to be honest, he isn't even that great of an OL coach. This is the guy that has trotted Barry Richardson out as a starter two years in a row and he hasn't improved at all.

No thank you. Carthon is the Assistant HC (at least he was under Haley) so I'd be ok with him sticking around, and Zorn, because I think he is a good QB coach, but the rest of these ***** need to be shown the door and soon.

Comment

• Well, I'll say this, if Muir was the OC next year he'd be more effective because he wouldn't have Haley looking over his shoulder and micro-managing the offense but that's not gonna happen because there is no way that Muir stays on as the OC.

Zorn was a Haley hire (according to the book War Room) so he's probably gone, too. Ultimately decisions on the offensive coaching staff should be made by the HC and the new OC.

Carthon had a reputation of being Haley's snitch so he's probably gone as Asst. HC. Every HC wants his guy in that job.

Steve Hoffman...GONE. He might be a kicking guru but hasn't shown much as a special teams coach (two blocked FGs in one game...come on, man).

Comment

• Emmitt Thomas needs to stay.

Comment

• Goodbye Bill Muir. Just an awful job calling the game today. Awful. We need a legitimate OC.

Comment

• Romeo officially locked up the job today IMO.He was 2 blocked FG's away from going 3-0 and winning divison

Comment

• tbh I'm not sure he was in danger of not getting the job, but Muir absolutely needs to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information