Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You see teams trading back up into the first for QBs all the time and I could see us doing that for Tannehill, who I am REALLY high on.

With our first pick it should be a RT though, unless we can move up for RG3.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I could see us getting backing in to the end of round one as well, but I feel that moving in to the top five is a pipe dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
        You see teams trading back up into the first for QBs all the time and I could see us doing that for Tannehill, who I am REALLY high on.

With our first pick it should be a RT though, unless we can move up for RG3.
        What QB has that ever worked for, though? Flacco?

I mean, we're talking about guys like Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, JP Losman, Brady Quinn, Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey (sort of), etc.

EDIT: The Ravens didn't get back into the first round, they just traded back in the first round and then up again (8-26-18)...raking Jacksonville over the coals in the process.

Comment

• It hasn't worked in recent memory so why should we try to improve our team at the most important position in football AND the biggest team need? Is that what you're saying?
          Last edited by vidae; 01-02-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
            Orton is easily a upgrade over Cassel.
            This is patently false. Orton was playing out of his mind the last three weeks in a situation where he had zero pressure on him, and that's the best you'll get from him. Heck, he even got a 99% focused Richardson in that stretch (Richardson did miss a couple blocks against Denver, and Asamoah yelled at him). He's a turnover machine and runs hot & cold worse at the worst moments more than anyone in the NFL outside of Rex Grossman.

How does Cassel hurt the Chiefs? That's one of the least true things I've seen. He's one of the best in the NFL at not making negative plays. He protects the ball and effectively distributes it to playmakers.

I say grab at RT in round one unless a miracle happens and a QB falls and then draft a QB in round two.
            The Chiefs will be really well-off for the rest of the draft and off-season if they land a RT in the first round. That said, if Trent Richardson somehow falls, that's a tough one to pass up. From there, improve TE depth and the offense is pretty much good to go. Would like to see a couple receivers added and hopefully a RB.

If you gave me 7 picks and I had to choose positions, I'd go RT, ILB, TE, WRx2, RB, S in some order... Obviously RT, TE, and ILB are the areas that do the most to help the team improve right away.
            Last edited by nepg; 01-02-2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
              It hasn't worked in recent memory so why should we try to improve our team at the most important position in football AND the biggest team need? Is that what you're saying?
              It's the wrong way to go about that position, and that has been proven to be true over and over again. You want Tannehill? That's bad, man. There's no one after RG3 that's as good as Stanzi. Bottom line.

If they really do want a QB, which they don't, they'll make a move to get RG3. Otherwise, they've got the QBs they'll have on the team for the most part.

Maybe they'll have Clemens instead of Orton because Romeo and Pioli both know having Orton & Cassel going into the off-season is a bad idea. But that's pretty much the situation.

Comment

• Jason LaCanfora reporting that Bill Muir is "likely" to retire.

Comment

• Not the schedule, but we have our 2012 opponents:

Home: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers

Away: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                    This is patently false. Orton was playing out of his mind the last three weeks in a situation where he had zero pressure on him, and that's the best you'll get from him. Heck, he even got a 99% focused Richardson in that stretch (Richardson did miss a couple blocks against Denver, and Asamoah yelled at him).

I'll take Orton's 300 yards passing a game with the Chiefs over Cassel's 190 every day of the week.

I don't know how anyone in the right mind can say that Orton didn't look more comfortably in the pocket and better in every way than Cassel.

Orton is FAR from great and in no way the QBOTF but he is a hell of alot better than Cassel.

Comment

• Orton looks like an actual QB.. going through his progressions, standing tall in the pocket, etc.. Cassel looks like he's about to dribble down his leg every time he drops back. It's night and day.

Comment

• Edit: I give up... I think Cassel sucks and needs to be replaced you think he is the best thing since sliced bread. I'm done with this debate.
                        Last edited by Splat; 01-02-2012, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Yeah it has gotten quite old by now, haha. Nepg believes in Cassel, the rest of us don't. End of story.

Comment

• Orton and Cassel really seem to be the same guy to me. Cassel seems to be more effective in the red zone while Orton seems more effective between the 20s. The one big leg up that Orton has is he doesn't take as many sacks as Cassel.

Comment

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                              Orton and Cassel really seem to be the same guy to me. Cassel seems to be more effective in the red zone while Orton seems more effective between the 20s. The one big leg up that Orton has is he doesn't take as many sacks as Cassel.
                              The line played decidedly better in the last three games than most of the rest of the season. They also had Becht in blocking instead of O'Connell. The whole personnel package was just better than what they'd been using, really.

Orton does get rid of the ball faster, but that's often not a good thing in his case. Orton does a terrible job taking care of the ball, especially in key spots. He had zero pressure to perform, and it showed. The couple times he had a little bit of pressure, he threw INTs that cost the Chiefs a playoff spot.

The situations around the QB position just flat-out sucked this year, though. I do like Orton, he's just not as good as Cassel. The Cassel hate is crazy here.

Muir retiring opens up a good opportunity to bring in McDaniels and let him put together an offensive staff. He should have some good options with quite a few coaching staffs being blown up this off-season.

Comment

• The Cassel hate isn't crazy. Your Cassel love is crazy, but you're the only Chiefs fan in the world who doesn't realize it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information