Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's just assume Romeo Crennel is the HC who do you want as DC?

Comment

• Todd Grantham.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Keep an ear out for Kevin Coyle, our DB coach.
        He has done a lot of really good things with some really bad players.

(if we lose him, I do hope it is to a team like KC)

I think he could do wonders with Eric Berry.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
          Let's just assume Romeo Crennel is the HC who do you want as DC?
          Emmitt Thomas or Raheem Morris

Comment

• Don't get me wrong I think Emmitt Thomas has done a great job and needs to stay but in his current role.

As for Raheem Morris I'm not sure he would be a good fit for a 3-4 team. I dam sure don't want to switch back to a 4-3.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I think Emmitt Thomas has done a great job and needs to stay but in his current role.

As for Raheem Morris I'm not sure he would be a good fit for a 3-4 team. I dam sure don't want to switch back to a 4-3.
              Mangini?
              I know he stinks as a HC but Ive always liked the defenses.

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                Mangini?
                I don't think it would be the end of the world.

Comment

• Todd Grantham, current DC for the Georgia Bulldogs and was the DC for RAC in Cleveland. Knows the system (hell, they run the same scheme..) and knows RAC. Perfect fit.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Mangini is actually a very good HC and he could be a great DC, but not with the Chiefs. He'd be here for a year and move on. I don't have a lot of confidence in him working well with Romeo and the rest of the incumbent staff, to be honest. Mangini likes to have a lot more control than I'd want him to have with the Chiefs.

Not sure if I can explain the difference very well, but I would love to see Mangini back with the Pats as the DC/Asst HC next year.

And I do like Grantham as someone who is available and would plug in to the DC spot with the current staff very well.

Comment

• plus considering Mangini was the one who ratted on the Pats for SPygate doubt Pioli would want anything to do with him

Grantham is actually not a bad suggestion.As vidae said worked for RAC before and his system is similair.I'd also look at Tom Clements (GB QB Coach) for OC

Comment

• Pioli would have hired Mangini or McDaniels if they'd been available by the time he got the job. I think everyone's gotten over it at this point. All parties have met privately and it's done.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I think Emmitt Thomas has done a great job and needs to stay but in his current role.

I thought about that with Morris, but I have a feeling whoever is the DC is more just in title only, and I think he could really help some of the young guys on the D. I also thought about Thomas as DC and Morris as DB coach but I don't know if he takes that much of a step down.

Although I am liking the Grantham suggestion.

Comment

• i think your right. it would be in title only. Romeo would still call the defensive plays on Sundays. however, there would be alot of weekly game planning and schemes that would need to be done by the DC without Romeo over seeing everything. that will require quite abit of familiarity. having a past history with a coach will make that transition alot easier. if Romeo picks a guys to be DC, then i am cool with whoever it is. i'm guessing that he knows the guy best suited for the job and it's requirements. what i'm not ok with would be Pioli pushing someone on Romeo. i feel like on multiple occassions, Pioli hired a coach without Haley's blessing. this will only lead to more hard times for this franchise. Romeo needs to pick his own staff for the defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                              what i'm not ok with would be Pioli pushing someone on Romeo. i feel like on multiple occassions, Pioli hired a coach without Haley's blessing. this will only lead to more hard times for this franchise. Romeo needs to pick his own staff for the defense.
                              Pioli hired guys for Haley because Haley was ****** at it. Haley worked with Pioli to bring guys in that first year, but - remember - they were very tight for time, so it was a bit rushed and they didn't have that great of a selection. Chan Gailey was retained because they just couldn't find anyone else, and then they brought in Clancy Pendergast to run a **** defense.

It just so happened that Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis were both available the next year. So Pioli hired them (no brainer), and they made adjustments to the staffs.

If Pioli hires guys for Crennel, it's not going to be much different than Crennel hiring the guys himself because they're both working with the same list of names. Which is another good reason to be excited about Romeo. There's a ton more synergy and competent thought throughout the team with RAC at the helm.
                              Last edited by nepg; 01-03-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Chiefs Interviewing Packers Offensive Coordinator, According To Report

Also.

Schefter reports that the Chiefs have already had several interviews, although they’re keeping the names of the other coaches they’re interviewing under wraps.
                                Last edited by Splat; 01-04-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information