This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
    Todd Grantham, current DC for the Georgia Bulldogs and was the DC for RAC in Cleveland. Knows the system (hell, they run the same scheme..) and knows RAC. Perfect fit.
    Uhhh, I thought Grantham was fired by Romeo in his last year at Cleveland and replaced by Mel Tucker.

Comment

• Interesting.. they really do keep things locked up in KC, don't they?

How much of that Packers offense is Philbin anyway? McCarthy calls the plays and has since he got there. What exactly would we be getting?

Originally posted by TheMatriculator View Post
      Uhhh, I thought Grantham was fired by Romeo in his last year at Cleveland and replaced by Mel Tucker.
      He was fired but I don't know if it was by Romeo or it was a GM/Owner thing. Mel Tucker is another interesting name at least. I seriously doubt they keep him as a HC there in Jacksonville.
      Last edited by vidae; 01-04-2012, 11:18 AM.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
        Interesting.. they really do keep things locked up in KC, don't they?

How much of that Packers offense is Philbin anyway? McCarthy calls the plays and has since he got there. What exactly would we be getting?

He was fired but I don't know if it was by Romeo or it was a GM/Owner thing. Mel Tucker is another interesting name at least. I seriously doubt they keep him as a HC there in Jacksonville.
        Personally, I think this is just Pioli doing his "due diligence" in interviewing Philbin.

As for the Grantham firing, maybe that was Romeo "going rogue." ;-)

OTOH, Grantham's last year with the Browns wasn't a real resume builder, 25th against the pass, 27th against the run, and 30th in total-yards-against.

Comment

• Scratch Jeff Fisher from your list of candidates according to Bob Gretz.

We‘«÷ve learned that last week at the offices of Hunt Sports Group in Dallas, former Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher sat down for an interview with the Chiefs about their open head coaching job.

Scheduled to last all afternoon, the meeting broke up after a bit more than two hours when Fisher said good bye. He later indicated he was not interested in being the head coach of the Chiefs.

Comment

• He later indicated he was not interested in being the head coach of the Chiefs.
            I'm not interested in having him as the head coach of the Chiefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMatriculator View Post
              Scratch Jeff Fisher from your list of candidates according to Bob Gretz.
              i gotta spread some rep around, Mat. then, i'll hit ya back. good info. Fishnuts probably wanted more $ than Clark was willing to spend and wanted more input in the drafting/signing of players. Pioli won't give that power up. plus, i bet a switching back to a 43 was another. hell, i bet after 30 minutes both Jeff and the Chiefs knew this would never work out.

i agree with both parties. this doesnt, look on paper, to be a match made in heaven. the Chiefs can't afford to rebuild. Jeff wants to prove his value, but i think it's kind of a shame. i think Fisher will be a good coach somehere. he has done more with alot less than what the Chief have got. i know alot of people think he was mediocre, but i think he's better than that. he's 22 games over .500 in the regular season and 1 game under in the playoffs. he led a team to a SB. he has 6 seasons of 10+ wins and only three (i dont count '94 because he was an interim HC) times been held under 7 wins in a season. i just think he will have success somewhere sooner rather than later

Comment

• I'm not too upset that Fisher doesn't want to coach here. I do like him as a coach though.. I'm just glad he isn't coming to the AFC West.

Of course, this could be a smokescreen and maybe he is coming here? You know how ridiculously secretive Pioli and co are.

Comment

• If it was last week, that was before the San Diego job was given back to Norv.

Comment

• Interesting little tidbit, especially for those who keep mocking us an OLB because they think that Justin Houston "is a bust"..

no 3-4 OLB dropped into coverage more than Justin Houston (42.6%) followed by James Harrison (40.4%)

other top 3-4 OLBs like Hali (88.7%), Ware (85%) and Wake (92.8%) rush passer a lot more

Comment

• Justin Houston is going to be a monster. Anyone that thinks other wise didn't watch the Chiefs from midseason on.

Comment

• People just don't understand...

And didn't they flip Tamba and Houston later in the season when Houston started putting up bigger pass rush numbers? I remember him playing a ton of SLB (which isn't what he did in college) and then WLB later in the year.

Comment

• I think that was more of them moving Tamba around to confuse offensive lines. RAC let JHou rush a lot more no matter where he was at.

Comment

• Jack Del Rio interviewing for Chiefs head coach job
                            ...http://www.kctv5.com/story/16458098/...head-coach-job

Jack Del Rio!!! Give me a break!

And no I haven't forgotten Del Rio sucker punching Otis Taylor and calling him "a dirty scab and a lowlife" during the 1987 strike.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMatriculator View Post
                              Jack Del Rio interviewing for Chiefs head coach job.

Comment

• The Rams aren't going to block McDaniels from leaving if he wants. He is going to interview with us and the Patriots.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information