Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we don't sign Carr we're not pennypinching though. We just spent some money on a solid FA. I'd rather Carr walk than pay him $10-$12m a year. I hate overpaying more than saving your money, because it makes it harder to sign your own guys in the future.

Carr has a set value on the market but he isn't worth it. If he doesn't want to re-sign with KC that is his choice, but I don't want to overpay for him either.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
      If we don't sign Carr we're not pennypinching though. We just spent some money on a solid FA. I'd rather Carr walk than pay him $10-$12m a year. I hate overpaying more than saving your money, because it makes it harder to sign your own guys in the future.

Carr has a set value on the market but he isn't worth it. If he doesn't want to re-sign with KC that is his choice, but I don't want to overpay for him either.
      Hope the real goal is not to have the 2nd lowest payroll in the league again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBam View Post
        Hope that is the case rather than penny pinching.
        Listen I like Carr every Chiefs fan does.But if he's asking for as much if not more then Flowers I say you shake his hand and wish him luck

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
          Listen I like Carr every Chiefs fan does.But if he's asking for as much if not more then Flowers I say you shake his hand and wish him luck
          Pretty much this.

Comment

It's a GREAT deal for a #2 CB in this market, which is why I'm not too upset about this whole thing.

Will it suck to lose Carr? Absolutely. But Routt will become a better football player with Romeo Crennel and Emmitt Thomas coaching him up. I still don't see CB or DB in general as a weakness on this team.
            I think the signing probably spells the end of Carr in KC. And it was a great move for the Chiefs to recognize that they weren't going to be able to make it happen with him, and find a replacement so quickly.

The off-season has gotten off to a great start. I hope they keep filling needs with good free agents so they can focus on getting the best players possible in the draft rather than worrying about needing someone at a specific position.

Comment

• I'm annoyed they are letting Carr walk, but at least they were proactive about getting a replacement.

I will be a lot less annoyed if they go out and sign someone like Solali.
              Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

Three QBs threw for over 5,000 yards last year. This is a passing league. Having three talented corners is never going to be a bad thing.
                The teams that beat the passing teams were ones that could get to the QB. Pass rush is the most important aspect of defense. Chiefs really will need Houston to step up opposite Tamba next year.

That said, I like the Routt signing, but I'd prefer to keep Carr. He's younger and a better player and I like the 5 deep of Flowers-Carr-Routt-Arenas-Brown.

Comment

• Pioli said today that they want to keep Carr and they're still working on a deal to keep him in KC. That doesn't mean they're going to REACH a deal, but at least it isn't a foregone conclusion that Carr is going to walk.

As far as free agents, I'd love to take a long look at Soliai as well, but we should concentrate on Grubbs or Nicks to replace Lilja at LG. If we replace Lilja, and draft someone like Mike Adams, our line goes from weakness to strength in one offseason.

Albert - Nicks/Grubbs - Hudson - Asamoah - Adams
                  Adams - Nicks/Grubbs - Hudson - Asamoah - Albert

I'd be super happy with that line going forward.

Comment

Pioli said today that they want to keep Carr and they're still working on a deal to keep him in KC. That doesn't mean they're going to REACH a deal, but at least it isn't a foregone conclusion that Carr is going to walk.

As far as free agents, I'd love to take a long look at Soliai as well, but we should concentrate on Grubbs or Nicks to replace Lilja at LG. If we replace Lilja, and draft someone like Mike Adams, our line goes from weakness to strength in one offseason.

Albert - Nicks/Grubbs - Hudson - Asamoah - Adams
                    Adams - Nicks/Grubbs - Hudson - Asamoah - Albert
                    You can cross Nicks off your list. They would never give him anything near that much.

http://rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Carl Nicks told SiriusXM NFL Radio Tuesday that he's seeking a deal worth more than RG Jahri Evans' seven-year, $56.7 million contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education
                      lol @ Poe to Buffalo though! They have Troup/Carringto/Edwards/Ross to be behind Williams and Dareus. They are more than set at DT
                      Its like our DE/OLB situation. Yet mock continue to give us DEs.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

• DE is a need for the Chiefs, that's probably why. Dorsey is on his last year of his rookie deal and I'd be surprised to see him get re-signed. Tyson Jackson will need to restructure or he's gone too. There is no way they're paying him $14m next year.

OLB isn't a need, but DE is about to be a huge one.

Comment

DE is a need for the Chiefs, that's probably why. Dorsey is on his last year of his rookie deal and I'd be surprised to see him get re-signed. Tyson Jackson will need to restructure or he's gone too. There is no way they're paying him $14m next year.

OLB isn't a need, but DE is about to be a huge one.
                          If Dorsey and Jackson both walk, I will be surprised, but that would be an issue. Assuming only one moves on, we are well situated.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

• Are we? Amon Gordon isn't a long term answer and Allen Bailey might be a great situational guy, but we don't know if he's starter material yet. Brandon Bair is a physical freak type of guy, but he is in no way a starter.

We're not set at this position at all, not even close.

Comment

• And Gordon is more of a backup NT and NT/DE tweener for the Chiefs anyway. He's solid in that role, but they'd have some trouble if they lost both Dorsey and Jackson. I'd be on board with drafting Brockers. He's a good player at one of the most valuable positions in that defense.

Comment

• I don't like Brockers. Great run defender, lacks a pass rush. That's Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information