This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Splat
    A #1 WR is harder to find than a #2 CB. I loved Carr and wanted to keep him, but would rather have Bowe.
    I disagree. And with the exception of the freak Calvin Johnson I would argue that there aren't any number 1 receivers in the league these days. The really potent offenses have multiple receiving targets but no bona fide number 1 wide out.

Corner is one of the most difficult positions to play, and when you develop a 5th round pick into a stud you should keep him over a dime a dozen receiver every single day of the week.

Comment

• Yeah...Bowe isn't a dime a dozen receiver...

I'd rather be one of those teams with amazing targets like Bowe and (from what we've seen - possibly) Baldwin (along with Breaston, Boss, and Moeaki) and take on a player that's slightly older, but is very close to the same level as the #2 CB you're giving up...

You give up Bowe and you're running with a sketchy group of receivers, which has been a huge problem for this team the last few years.

Comment

• reports are Broncos offered Ryan Clady a 5 yr $50 million deal.What if any effect does that have on Albert?Oh and when are we signing Poe?

Comment

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
          I disagree. And with the exception of the freak Calvin Johnson I would argue that there aren't any number 1 receivers in the league these days.
          What league are you watching?

I guess guys like Larry Fitzgerald,Andre Johnson,Roddy White ect are just #2 WR's?

I think some people are really overrating Carr. He is a good player don't get me wrong but lets not act like we lost Darrelle Revis.

Did you really want the Chiefs to drop 100 million in to the CB position? Because that is what it would have took. 50 to Flowers 50 to Carr.

Bowe could put up top 10 WR numbers with a legit QB, to call him a dime a dozen WR is absurd.
          Last edited by Splat; 07-22-2012, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
            reports are Broncos offered Ryan Clady a 5 yr $50 million deal.What if any effect does that have on Albert?Oh and when are we signing Poe?
            Apparently Clady isn't interested in signing that deal, but Albert isn't as good as Clady. Albert will want a nice contract, but I don't think it'll be Joe Thomas like numbers. Albert will get paid though, and I think we'll be the ones to do it.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• we appearantly signed Ross Hochstein to a 1 year deal tonight

Comment

• Rodney Hudson broke his leg & is done for the year.Sucks I thought heas doing a solid job at OC

Comment

• Yeah losing Hudson will hurt I think. He was playing some good football. At least we know he is the future at C for this team, so that is one less thing to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                    Yeah losing Hudson will hurt I think. He was playing some good football. At least we know he is the future at C for this team, so that is one less thing to worry about.
                    I will say I thought Lilja at C & Allen at LG did very well there after the Hudson injury

Comment

• Romeo said that Lilja was going to be our C and Allen was going to be our LG going forward. The two guys we just signed (Hochstein and Mattison) are depth only.

Comment

• Dexter practiced today... That is the toughest little man I have ever seen.

Comment

• Yeah apparently he looked good too. The injury looked a lot worse than it was I guess.. because it looked pretty damn bad.

Comment

• You better cherish DMC.

Comment

• DMX is going to be our Wes Welker this year, such as we have one.

We are looking as healthy for the Charger game as I have seen us in a while. The spread is only a point, but we are laying it.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones
                                Is there any chance the Chiefs would consider moving to a 4-3 assuming they blow up the team at the end of the year? The defensive line would look something like this:

Houston - Bailey - Poe - Hali

The reason I ask is because Glenn Dorsey is a free agent and Tyson Jackson's not going to see that $14.7 million.
                                I kind of hate that DLine to be honest with you, and Houston is suited better as an OLB anyway. And we know Tamba is a beast in that scheme.

I don't think it's very likely at all.

If the team is blown up that means RAC is gone, and I think they will look at someone with experience in the 3-4 when deciding on a suitable HC and DC as replacements.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information