This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
    That is another point that I'd like to address. ******* sheep that think that the coaches don't have say in who starts at QB. Reality check, homeboys: they start Cassel because he's the best option. Orton is not good. The Ortonites are just as bad or worse than the people loving on Quinn right now. It's pathetic.
    When you have Quinn and Stanzi as backups he is. It doesn't make him a good option.

Orton isn't great far from it but he is a hell of alot better than Matt Cassel.

Comment

What? Yes, Matt Cassel is a decent QB. He's got some internal issues going on right now. Pretty obvious the way he carries himself. Hasn't dealt with the pressure and unprovoked scrutiny well at all. He's had a bad season.
      HAHA what?? Matt Cassel decent? In what universe???

Edit: At least Orton knew how to take care of the ball.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
      Originally posted by TitanHope
      R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
      He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

It kind of is your point. And I'd differ on the guys he's brought in. Poe is quite obviously a stud NT already. So impressive. Houston is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL AND he's capable in pass coverage, Berry is great as long as he isn't covering TEs, and a lot of the other guys have been injured, so it's tough to talk about them. The roster is much better at this point than it ever was with Carl Peterson and it's just the very beginning.
        Poe isn't a STUD NT already. He's played well, but that is hardly a stud. I'll give you Houston and Berry, but the roster being better than when Carl Peterson was here is not really something to brag about. The roster might be better but the team is not. We're not winning. And it's because of Pioli.

Originally posted by nepg View Post
        People try to rag on the cap room they have, but what else could they have done with it? Create-a-player? They brought in high quality depth and high-end fills for team-friendly prices. You can't knock that. They have one of the best rosters in the NFL while having a ton of cap room. How is that bad?
        It's bad because we're 1-4 and we look bad out there. The roster is better, BUT THE TEAM ISN'T WINNING GAMES. I don't care if you have the best roster in the entire god damn league if you're not winning games. Get that through your head.

The jury is out on Houston? I'll give you Berry because I don't think that knee is 100% and he still struggles with TEs, but Houston?
        I disagree with Village on Houston and Berry, but Houston isn't exactly a top 5 at his position yet. It's his second year. We should give him a bit more time before claiming he's the best pass rusher in the league.

In what universe is McCluster one dimensional? The point was that he does the same things as Welker and can easily get close to that level. That's just completely off the nonsensical chart to say he's one-dimensional.
        And here is where I agree with Village again. Both picks in 2010 were bad. McCluster IS one dimensional, and the fact that you keep trying to compare him to Wes Welker is laughable. LAUGHABLE. He is nowhere near there in physical ability or smarts. They aren't even CLOSE.

What? Yes, Matt Cassel is a decent QB. He's got some internal issues going on right now. Pretty obvious the way he carries himself. Hasn't dealt with the pressure and unprovoked scrutiny well at all. He's had a bad season.
        And here is where you lose all credibility. I don't get you. Are you his wife? Are you in love with him? There is no world in which Matt Cassel is decent. He is awful. He is easily the worst starting QB in the league. He has never been more than average, and right now he's really bad. I don't get why you're defending him so hard, but it makes you look foolish.

Tyson Jackson is a good 3-4 DE. He has been for a couple years now. People that don't see that tend to not understand the 3-4. When they drafted him, they felt they had to draft him. That was more of a situation where if they didn't get Jackson, they weren't going to be able to run the defense they wanted to run. It's just as hard to find star DEs as it is to find star NTs for a 3-4, but fill-in guys at DE hurt way more than fill-in guys at NT.
        I hate it when you insult people who disagree with you. I'm getting sick of it. Because I'm not willing to tongue his balls I don't understand the 3-4? It's clear from your posts that you're the one who just doesn't get it. When you pick 3rd overall you don't want a "good" 3-4 DE. You want a GREAT 3-4 DE. This concept is easy enough for my niece to grasp, and she's 11 months old.

Yeah. One of the reasons Pioli brought Haley in was to weed out the guys with scrub attitudes. There's no way he would have brought in a guy like RAC going into that situation.
        Both Haley and RAC were awful head coaching hires. Both of them. God awful.

What's wrong with the DL? They look good with Bailey, Rapati, Poe, Powe, Dorsey, and Jackson.
        Tyson Jackson is ok. Glenn Dorsey is bad. The rest are ok. That doesn't make a great DLine, it makes an ok one. Which is what we have after spending 3 top 11 picks on it. That is unacceptable.

What's wrong with CB? That group has been fine since they got relatively healthy. Could they have signed Carr? Maybe (if he wanted to stay), but most people respected the decision to bring in Routt for less and let Carr walk. They let him go to sign Bowe, but it takes two.
        CB depth is awful. Javier Arenas was a wasted pick. He's too slow and short to cover anyone with any sort of skill. He's the epitome of average. And I agree with letting Carr walk, but he didn't re-sign Bowe. He was forced to franchise him. And he'll likely have to do it again. Letting Carr walk was ONLY ACCEPTABLE if Bowe is signed here long term, and please tell me why in gods name he'd do that now?

And I've already gone over how they have never had a better option than Matt Cassel. That's just the way it's been. No one will come up with what else they should have done that they had the option to do with this position. Kyle Orton? Really? Not the solution, and Cassel would have beaten him out in camp just as soundly as he beat out Quinn.
        This is more of you tonguing our QBs for some reason. We had options, he just chose not to act on any of them. Kyle Orton looks like Andrew Luck compared to Cassel and you're the only person who is unwilling to admit it. There is no way in hell Cassel wins the starting job with Orton in camp, and that's why he is now a Cowboy. And Quinn? That's some GREAT competition you brought in at QB Pioli. Bang up job there.

You listen to the radio too much for one (evidenced by all of the things you say all the time). Secondly, JEFF FISHER (or Bill Cowher - same deal) is the one who is "magalomaniacal" in that scenario. He wouldn't go anywhere where he didn't have 100% say in the roster. Get real, man.
        No, you're wrong about this AGAIN. They wanted a GM they could WORK WITH but ultimately wanted a say in what players they drafted. Pioli wouldn't have it. He wanted complete control over everything and he got it because he hired a lame duck coach who won't question it. More "Patriot Way" ********.

You constantly defend the horrible decisions that Pioli makes and you constantly defend the awfulness that is Matt Cassel. We get it bro, you're a Patriots fan, but it's time for you to let it go. Most of us are sick of reading the same garbage from you and it's about to reach a boiling point.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• How is someone who plays RB, WR, and returns kicks one dimensional? That just doesn't make any sense. Check your pipe because what you're smoking is going to kill your brain.

Comment

How is someone who plays RB, WR, and returns kicks one dimensional? That just doesn't make any sense. Check your pipe because what you're smoking is going to kill your brain.
            He has barely lined up at RB this year, if at all. They said he's a full blown WR. And please tell me the last time he returned a kick? It's been Javier Arenas back there.

You're making **** up now to try to sound right, but we're all hardcore fans here. We know what we're talking about. Solid attempt though.

Comment

• I think its cuz KC is NE-lite.

Dorsey really needs to gtfo KC...any chance he had at success in the league was/is being killed by the 3-4.

Comment

How is someone who plays RB, WR, and returns kicks one dimensional? That just doesn't make any sense. Check your pipe because what you're smoking is going to kill your brain.
                I can line Ryan Lilja up at RB, WR, kick returner and call him multi-dimensional too. Let's see if you understand my point here since you like to tell me what my points are.

And I'm only a high school coach, I get that, but, I coach the 34 defensive line. I have a pretty good handle on what you want out of 34 ends. Tyson Jackson is a decent run defending defensive end, that's fine. You don't draft decent run defending defensive ends at number 3 overall. Period. The closer to number one overall you pick, the more of an impact player you need to acquire. Pioli failed with Tyson Jackson.

And my points with Houston and Berry being unproven at this point are this: Houston has yet to put it together over a full season (I stress yet, because I think he is doing that this year) and Berry hasn't looked like the same player to my eye since he came back from the surgery. And he still hasn't shown he can cover elite TEs which is what you want out of a number 5 overall safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                  I think its cuz KC is NE-lite.

Dorsey really needs to gtfo KC...any chance he had at success in the league was/is being killed by the 3-4.
                  I think if Dorsey gets back to a 43 defense he'll be alright. He's just out of position as a 34 end, he doesn't have the skill set there.

Comment

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                    I think if Dorsey gets back to a 43 defense he'll be alright. He's just out of position as a 34 end, he doesn't have the skill set there.
                    Its what I think as well. I was a little puzzled when KC took him and ran a 34. Kinda reminds me when the Raiders put Warren Sapp at 34 end.

Comment

Its what I think as well. I was a little puzzled when KC took him and ran a 34. Kinda reminds me when the Raiders put Warren Sapp at 34 end.
                      Well we took him and ran the 4-3 for one year before Herm and the coaching staff was fired, then they transitioned to the 3-4.

Comment

• nepg, this is ridiculous dude. I'm starting to believe videa that you do post nonsense.

Pioli's drafting has been awful. Just terrible. His most consistent draft pick has been his kicker in the 7th round. That alone speaks volumes.

Succop and Houston. Those are the only difference makers Pioli has drafted.
                        Haley had to fight for Eric Berry to be drafted, so Pioli doesn't get credit for him.

-McCluster has been an injury prone disappointment. He was drafted to be a slot WR and he hasn't done anything great.
                        -Arenas can't even play the outside. We draft a CB in the 2nd rd and he can't even play for Flowers when he's out? Wow what a great 2nd rd pick Scott.
                        -Drafting bargain players is the problem. Wylie and Moeaki are injury prone.
                        Oh and his FA signings

As others have said, King Carl's draft picks are still running this team 4 years later. Absolutely stupid. It's ridiculous.

Pioli is good at drafting depth and complimentary players, but those players don't win you games in January: impact players do.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                          I can line Ryan Lilja up at RB, WR, kick returner and call him multi-dimensional too. Let's see if you understand my point here since you like to tell me what my points are.

And I'm only a high school coach, I get that, but, I coach the 34 defensive line. I have a pretty good handle on what you want out of 34 ends. Tyson Jackson is a decent run defending defensive end, that's fine. You don't draft decent run defending defensive ends at number 3 overall. Period. The closer to number one overall you pick, the more of an impact player you need to acquire. Pioli failed with Tyson Jackson.

And my points with Houston and Berry being unproven at this point are this: Houston has yet to put it together over a full season (I stress yet, because I think he is doing that this year) and Berry hasn't looked like the same player to my eye since he came back from the surgery. And he still hasn't shown he can cover elite TEs which is what you want out of a number 5 overall safety.
                          Still zero explanation on why McCluster is one-dimensional (because he's not). And even if he is, so what? He adds a great dimension to the offense.

Let's get this straight... Houston, in 1.25 season has failed to put it together for an entire season?

Tyson Jackson was drafted because he had All-Pro tools for a 3-4 DE. He was a riskier pick than most 3-4 DEs because he was a 4-3 DE going to a 3-4 and most are 4-3 DTs. He's not an All-Pro, but he's become a high-level 3-4 DE. They felt like they had to draft him, and based on the opportunities they've had, it was a good move... They haven't been in many positions to have picked up a decent 3-4 DE. Lived up to #3? No. But he's served and is serving the purpose of drafting him there.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                            Pioli's drafting has been awful. Just terrible. His most consistent draft pick has been his kicker in the 7th round. That alone speaks volumes.
                            Not really. That's the most consistent player for any team. Not saying anything.

Succop and Houston. Those are the only difference makers Pioli has drafted.
                            Haley had to fight for Eric Berry to be drafted, so Pioli doesn't get credit for him.
                            That's ********. LOL. Where do you people come up with this Eric Berry wasn't a Pioli pick crap? The ONLY reason people think he didn't want him is because Peter King wrote some ******** article about how Pioli would never draft a safety there, which was flat-out crap (as I explained when it came out). Pioli and Belichick have searched for their Ed Reed every ******* year.

-McCluster has been an injury prone disappointment. He was drafted to be a slot WR and he hasn't done anything great.
                            -Arenas can't even play the outside. We draft a CB in the 2nd rd and he can't even play for Flowers when he's out? Wow what a great 2nd rd pick Scott.
                            -Drafting bargain players is the problem. Wylie and Moeaki are injury prone.
                            Oh and his FA signings
                            McCluster was drafted as a RB to be whatever the OC wanted to do with him. They decided to make him a slot receiver this year and he's taken to it really well.

Arenas was drafted to be a nickel corner and return man. That's what he is. I don't completely agree with the pick, but it's worked out the way they wanted. He's a smart player and they drafted him to be a lockerroom leader. They drafted Jalil Brown to develop into more of an outside corner and special teams ace, and he's shown very good development and is a Pro Bowl candidate as a special teamer.

He drafted Moeaki and Wylie when you're supposed to take a shot at guys like that. Moeaki worked out Year 1. That was a boss pick. He's still recovering. Definitely not the same player right now. See my previous comments about the WR & TE situation... This is one area Pioli hasn't done enough with until this year, imo. With McCluster moving to the slot and already having Breaston, they can afford for Wylie to not be healthy right now. He wouldn't be seeing the field anyway.

As others have said, King Carl's draft picks are still running this team 4 years later. Absolutely stupid. It's ridiculous.

Pioli is good at drafting depth and complimentary players, but those players don't win you games in January: impact players do.
                            Should Pioli have let all those guys go so he could replace them? It makes no sense when people try to hold that over Pioli's head.

Comment

To be fair the Chiefs were still running a 4-3 when they drafted Dorsey.

Comment

Should Pioli have let all those guys go so he could replace them? It makes no sense when people try to hold that over Pioli's head.
                                thats funny. replacing playmakers with what? his track record proves he couldn't draft a playmaker anyway. and to your question, no he shouldn't have let them go. i think this is where you are missing the point. THE ONLY PLAY MAKERS ON THIS TEAM CAME FROM CARL PETERSON!!! Pioli gets 0 credit for that. he has had 4 ******* years to add play makers to that and has come up very short. every year we aren't looking for depth and complimentary players. the 1st and 2nd round should be difference makers every year.

here is your McCluster is 1 demintional stats. 2012 through 5 games: 15 recs, 148 yds, 0 TD: 1 rush, 5 yds, 0 TD: 0 punt returns: 0 kick returns. he was drafted to play this position and this is what he has to show for it. personally, i can give him a pass because Cassel killed his stats by ending drives early and never getting him the ball in a place where he could make someone miss.

is there a way i can block posts from specific people? the fact that nepg STILL believes all his own BS is amazing. seriously, that someone with an objective view actually look past all the evidence that EVERYONE, and i mean EVERYONE, sees and still think that this KC Chiefs team is ok and on the right path is absolutely indefensible. from this point, i post no further in response to nepg. i cant take the BS anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information