X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
    Dwayne Bowe demoted?

Dwayne Bowe was running with the second and third teams during today's practice. Terrance Copper took his spot in the starting lineup.

Todd Haley afterward made it sound like a demotion.

"There's no spot taken right now," Haley said. "We're going to do everything we can to find players that do it our way. Each day that may change but we'll find guys that do it our way and do it the way we feel gives us the best chance to win, period."

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/910
    Bowe listed as third-team on depth chart

The Chiefs issued their first depth chart and Dwayne Bowe was listed as third-team at one wide receiver position behind Terrance Copper and Amani Toomer.

So Todd Haley evidently wasn't kidding.

Otherwise, there were no depth chart surprises. Brodie Croyle is listed as the second quarterback and Tyler Thigpen third.

Tyson Jackson is running second-team to Alfonso Boone at left defensive end. Glenn Dorsey is the starting right end with Wallace Gilberry second and Alex Magee third.

Here are the top two players at each position:

Offense
    WR - Terrance Copper, Amani Toomer
    LT - Branden Albert, Herb Taylor
    LG - Brian Waters, Wade Smith
    C - Rudy Niswanger, Eric Ghiaciuc
    RG - Mike Goff, Tavares Washington
    RT - Damion McIntosh, Barry Richardson
    TE - Brad Cottam, Sean Ryan
    WR - Devard Darling, Mark Bradley
    QB - Matt Cassel, Brodie Croyle
    FB - Mike Cox, Jed Collins
    RB - Larry Johnson, Jackie Battle

Defense
    LE - Alfonso Boone, Tyson Jackson
    NT - Ron Edwards, Tank Tyler
    RE - Glenn Dorsey, Wallace Gilberry
    LOLB - Tamba Hali, Turk McBride
    LILB - Derrick Johnson, Monty Beisel
    RILB - Zach Thomas, Corey Mays
    ROLB - Mike Vrabel, Andy Studebaker
    LCB - Brandon Carr, Ricardo Colclough
    RCB - Brandon Flowers, Maurice Leggett
    SS - Bernard Pollard, Mike Brown
    FS - Jarrad Page, Jon McGraw

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/912

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• I would bet dollars to donuts that Bowe will be the #1 by the time the regular season rolls around. Sounds like a motivation tool to me.

So, Vidae are ruling this Team Forum with an iron fist?

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
        I would bet dollars to donuts that Bowe will be the #1 by the time the regular season rolls around. Sounds like a motivation tool to me.

So, Vidae are ruling this Team Forum with an iron fist?
        Yeah, and I think it's a good idea to put a fire underneath him just to see how he handles himself. It just shows that no spot is given, and that's good to show. With that being said, Bowe WILL be No. 1 when the season starts or even in preseason.

What is everyone wanting to see the most Saturday, we are only 3 days away from our first glimpse. :D

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• I'm back online guys.:)

I'm so sick of the D-Bo bashing on the radio any one that thinks he is not starting is insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
            I'm back online guys.:)

I'm so sick of the D-Bo bashing on the radio any one that thinks he is not starting is insane.
            Where'd you go?!

And yeah. He had the drops but he is one of the best young WRs in the game. He's a gamer and everyone knows it. This is a motivation tool and that's it. He will step up to the challenge and he will break out this year with Cassel slinging it around.

Can't even listen to 101 anymore because all people do is whine on there.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I don't read too much into the Dwayne Bowe not on the first team depth chart right now.I think it's just a case of Haley sending a message to D Bowe right now to cut out the drops.when wk 1 vs BAL come he'll be in there.I have heard that Toomer has shown the best hands of all the WR's so far in camp

Comment

• Yeah I mean, they have Devard Darling and Terrance Copper as the No. 1's right now. I'd bet my house that they won't be the starting tandem this season. I personally think they put Darling and Copper in as 1's to see what they can do with the first team offense. If they can hold their own, then they deserve to be on the team...if one or the other chokes; i think we'll cut them...or both.

It will be...

1. Bowe
                2. Toomer
                3. Bradley?
                4. Engram
                5. Whoever else does good in preseason.

Comment

• Also...

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Thursday that the club has signed free agent LS Thomas Gafford. Gafford (6-2, 235) played in nine games for Kansas City in 2008 after joining the club on October 29th. He has also spent time with Chicago (2008),

Comment

• Bradley was very good for us last year. He was a great signing and proved he can play. He should definitely be on the field as he makes us better.

Comment

• Vets key to Chiefs' rebuilding project

Comment

• 1. Bowe
                        2. Toomer
                        3. Engram
                        4. Bradley
                        5. Lawerance
                        6. Wright

Comment

• Bowe
                          Bradley
                          Toomer
                          Engram

Comment

• One more day!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                              One more day!!!
                              TONIGHT NOW! So ready to see what our new team has to offer...

Comment

• Just seen this on espn.com...

The Chiefs are still considering signing veteran receiver Ashley Lelie. The former Bronco and Raider worked out for Kansas City on Thursday. The Chiefs will see how their backup receivers perform in tonight's preseason opener against Houston before making a move on Lelie. He is a speedster who can help in the vertical game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information