Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neither McClain nor Kindle disappointed tonight.
    Last edited by vidae; 01-08-2010, 11:58 AM.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
      If we can land Crannel also we will finally find out if it's just an overall lack of talent or if a lot of the problems were because of the scheme. This is better than any draft pick(s) we could have had. I'm excited for this move and look forward to seeing what type of impact this makes down the road.
      Not really because we're also going to see a massive upgrade in talent.

In the beginning of the year, the problems on offense could largely be attributed to playcalling. But after the bye week, Haley got his ish together, and the playcalling was no longer an issue (it was actually a plus, imo)... The problem, offensively, was receiving talent (drops) and inconsistent pass pro.

Defensively, it's a combination of scheme and talent. They don't have the guys in the middle (NT, ILB, S - though Edwards did more than enough to make NT less of an issue) to stop anyone from doing whatever they wanted in the middle of the field (running or passing).

Comment

• I hope your right, but I'm not sure where the massive upgrade is going to come from. The FA pool could be very restricted and even though I'm excited about the draft choices, I can't see but maybe one or two starters coming into the year. We've spent enough time picking high in the draft the last couple of years that talent shouldn't really be the issue. I'm hoping with better schemes and more familiarity with the systems that we will get a true picture of what we exactly have. One thing is for sure though I'm ready for the offseason to get started.

Comment

• Weis: "It's Todd's ship and I want to help him guide it"

Comment

• We need a few linebackers, a safety and a NT on defense. We're not going to get them all through the draft, but if the offense can pick up some of the slack I can see us being competitive next year and then maybe playoff bound the year after. The defense needs to catch up but I'm overly optimistic about this team.

Comment

• Q&A with Todd Haley and Charlie Weis

Comment

• Ayers fined for Jamaal Charles body slam

Comment

• GOOD. That was a ******** thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
                    Splat, you are from CLINTON, Missouri?
                    Late to the party, but F Clinton (lived there a little over 10 yrs ago)
                    Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

• That's weird, who knew...a small town would have half the Chiefs section living in it. ;P

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• Josh Looney, of KCChiefs.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Todd Haley said he sees QB Brodie Croyle having a critical role with the team in the future.
                        I would be fine with this he fits the role great.

Comment

• I think the chances of Vrabel staying just went up.

Comment

• Yeah I think that Mike Vrabel will be back on the team in 2010.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• Gailey. One KC fan I saw said he got f'ed over in KC when Haley didn't like him. Thoughts on him?

Comment

• Originally posted by redbills View Post
                                Gailey. One KC fan I saw said he got f'ed over in KC when Haley didn't like him. Thoughts on him?
                                He got a raw deal in KC he was one of the few hold overs from Herm Edward's staff I don't think Haley was ever really high on him.

I think he is a good coach who didn't have much to work with his first year in KC and then his second year was with a whole new FO and staff.

I really don't think it was any thing that Gailey did it was more just the Chiefs wanting to start with a clean slate.

That said I sure didn't see him getting a HC job but I don't think it is as bad of a pick up as some have made it out to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information