This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
    I haven't been studying the draft all that long, but it's not unheard of for right tackles to be picked up in the top 15. I think it's a little more common for guys who were drafted to be left tackles to get moved over to the right side when they fail.
    You hit the nail on the head. Most of the time you draft a LT in the top 15. Only when a team has a stud at LT and needs a RT would they contemplate taking a RT that high in the draft. Most RTs that are drafted top 15, were originally drafted as LTs and just couldn't cut it.

Comment

• There is talk of Antrel Rolle getting cut he can come on over here...

Comment

• Both Rolle and Page play FS. I don't know if one of them are able to make a seasmless transition to SS. I like what Rolle brings to the D.

Also, SD cut Tomlinson. At the right price, he could be our goalline back. He always did have a nose for the endzone. He would also bring untold knowllege to Jamaal Charles. Plus, he would also have a chance to stick it to SD twice a year. Little bonuses like that make it all the better. IDK, just a thought.

Comment

• Page is 225 pounds I have always felt he was a SS trying to play FS I think he would be better at SS with his size.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
            Page is 225 pounds I have always felt he was a SS trying to play FS I think he would be better at SS with his size.
            Agreed, I like him better at strong than free, however, if we are going to get a former Cardinals defender I would rather get Karlos Dansby. If we could get both, wonderful. If we could get one that would be good too.

Comment

• With all the quality players that will be avialable in FA, it's a great time to be a buyer. You can change the whole outlook of the up coming season in a matter of a few months.

Comment

• The problem is, I don't see us spending any in FA. We didn't really touch it last year and I don't see us breaking the bank for a big name FA this season either.

I think it'll be another boring offseason for KC fans.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                  The problem is, I don't see us spending any in FA. We didn't really touch it last year and I don't see us breaking the bank for a big name FA this season either.

I don't think so. Pioli has shown in New England that they would spend money for players if they thought they could fill a hole. Corey Dillon, Randy Moss just a couple of examples. And yes, I know Moss was a trade, but they still had to pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                    The problem is, I don't see us spending any in FA. We didn't really touch it last year and I don't see us breaking the bank for a big name FA this season either.

I agree with you about the big FAs. I don't think the Chiefs sign any the big FAs. I do believe they will spend some money in this offseason. There are to many holes to fill. Also, it has been highly publicized in KC how much under the cap the Chiefs have been the las few years. If they really want fans to come to the New Arrowhead experience, then they need to spend some money. Especially if it looks like a lockout in 2011. Fans will want to get their fix and win now

Comment

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                      I don't think so. Pioli has shown in New England that they would spend money for players if they thought they could fill a hole. Corey Dillon, Randy Moss just a couple of examples. And yes, I know Moss was a trade, but they still had to pay.
                      This is only after the team had its fundamentals down and was able to handle the attitudes that come with talented players with big contracts.

Comment

• Chiefs re-sign Matt Gutierrez, Kolby Smith

And cut Mike Goff.

I'm not going to lie I liked the Goff pick up at the time but he was and is done as for Smith he is not a bad player when on the field but that is pretty much never.

Comment

• Yeah, I think most of us thought the Goff signing would turn out differently than it has. It's too bad too, because I thought he had some left.

And as for Smith, I think he could be a good compliment to Charles but he can't stay healthy. It's a shame because he had a few solid games backing up LJ.. I want to say the 2008 season?

Comment

• I'm with you guys. I was very pleased to see the addition of a quality OLineman. Man, that didn't turn out at all like we thought it would. We should have known Goff didn't have much left. SD let him go with no hesitation. It's not like he was a high priced FA that the Chiefs outbid another team on. SD wouldn't have let a starting caliber OG go when they are playing for a chance at a Super Bowl.

Comment

• I wonder if the Chiefs make a play for ex Brown and Pat CB Leigh Bodden?

Comment

• I could see it. He'd probably start opposite Flowers, which would push Carr into a nickleback role, if he's lucky. I'm probably in the minority but I like Carr.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information