X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs hire Trip MacCracken, Mike Clark

Comment

• It'll be interesting to see if the player injury issues that plagued Seattle follow Clark to Kansas City. Strength training is an extremely important and unrecognized factor in a team's success.

Comment

• The closer we get to the actual draft, the more I seem to be getting worried. It's not necessarily a BAD worried, but last years draft was kinda lackluster as far as excitement went, so I'm hoping this year is different.

Having three picks in the first two rounds is sure to help with the excitement factor, but I can't help but wonder if we're going to take someone like Tyson Jackson last year. Not necessarily the position, just the "reach" or something. Does that make sense?

I'm kinda worried we'll take Bulaga or something. Argh. Why can't it be April 22nd already? :)

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Last year, they REALLY needed Jackson, though. This year, they don't have to reach to fill a need. Whether they want a S (Berry), ILB (McClain), OLB (Morgan/JPP), DL (if Suh/McCoy slips), OL (Davis/Okung), or WR (Bryant), they'll have someone there that's a solid value at #5.

Comment

• Oh, I know, I guess I should have clarified it with "someone I want on the Chiefs" haha.

Right now my top 5 is probably something like this:

1. Rolando McClain
            2. Eric Berry
            3. Dez Bryant
            4. Ndamukong Suh
            5. Anthony Davis

I doubt Suh and Berry are there at 5, and I don't know if we'd take an ILB top 5, so Dez Bryant or OT is looking more and more likely as the days go on.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
              The problem is, I don't see us spending any in FA. We didn't really touch it last year and I don't see us breaking the bank for a big name FA this season either.

I think it'll be another boring offseason for KC fans.
              WHAT?!?!?! Come on Vidae, last off season wasn't boring for the chiefs. Pioli, Haley & Cassel = a little more exciting than most teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                WHAT?!?!?! Come on Vidae, last off season wasn't boring for the chiefs. Pioli, Haley & Cassel = a little more exciting than most teams.
                Actually, you're right. It was a pretty exciting offseason. I meant more FA/draft wise, but it was a pretty kickass time to be a Chiefs fan with those acquisitions.

Comment

• according to Pioli we will be active in FA.he said we were active last year but some things did'nt come together

Comment

• Hey guys, been gone for a while. I am ready to see what KC can do this offseason. :)

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• Hey AJ, welcome back! Glad you're back in time for the combine/draft stuff!

Comment

• So with Tampa Bay being finished with Antonio Bryant, I wonder if the Chiefs might be able to lure him to town with a nice 1 year contract, someone to play opposite Dwayne Bowe and stretch the field a little bit. That would take some pressure off the Chiefs to take a receiver early I think.

Comment

• Chambers isn't gone.. yet. I wouldn't mind Bryant though. Would be a nice receiving group with those three.

Comment

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                            So with Tampa Bay being finished with Antonio Bryant, I wonder if the Chiefs might be able to lure him to town with a nice 1 year contract, someone to play opposite Dwayne Bowe and stretch the field a little bit. That would take some pressure off the Chiefs to take a receiver early I think.
                            I could see the Chiefs going after him but I think it would take more then a one year deal, he just got done playing on a one year deal and wasn't happy about it.

Comment

• any WR help would be much appreciated. The WRs that are UFA are small in numbers and unknowns. T.O., who I wouldn't have anywhere near Matt Cassel, Antonio Bryant (will only be 29 at beginning of the season), Kevin Walter, Josh Reed, Kelley Washington and David Clowney look like the cream of the crop. Bryant and Walters are the 2 I would target. They are the most productive of the bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                                I could see the Chiefs going after him but I think it would take more then a one year deal, he just got done playing on a one year deal and wasn't happy about it.
                                Coming off an injury plagued season and with the history of off-field incidents (I read he is one positive test from a 1 year suspension) and also taking into account his big year 2 seasons ago he should get a very lucrative 1 year deal to allow him to play his way into a big contract which should probably be his last contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information