Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sure hope so. They were both terrible but at least they were bodies.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
      I sure hope so. They were both terrible but at least they were bodies.
      Alleman, no loss there tbh. Wade was decent for his role (able to fill plenty of spots on the line in a bind, master of none), but that was an awful signing by the Texans. They gave 6.5 mil guaranteed to a reserve lol

Yeah, the Chiefs better be drafting some O-Line and hittin the UDFA waivers hard.
      Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
        I would not mind going after Kevin Mawae, I know he is old but dude can still play and is a great locker room guy who better to teach a rookie center the ropes?
        Would the Chiefs have tendered Niswanger if they wanted to go get Mawae? Kept Niswanger around for depth at Cand G?

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-with-chiefs/

Huh. Okay..

Comment

Training camp body. Nice to see Pioli burning the midnight oil though.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
              Would the Chiefs have tendered Niswanger if they wanted to go get Mawae? Kept Niswanger around for depth at Cand G?
              He's a decent backup, and that's a pretty good price for a backup.

Comment

• Edit all ready posted.
                Last edited by Splat; 03-11-2010, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...Top+Stories%29

Chiefs coach Todd Haley 'excited' by signing of RB Thomas Jones.

"He's an impressive guy. We can't have enough guys like Thomas," Haley said. "It's one thing to be a leader and another to have the ability to back it up. Thomas does that and is excited to continue to show that.

"He had his best year last year. And I'm excited he wants to be here.

"He fits what we're looking for," Haley said. "He's a good player, loves the game and is an excellent preparation guy and a good teammate.

"He's been a part of other teams turning it in the right direction and he's excited to be a part of this."

"If we have a chance to add good football players, we're going to do it," Haley said. "This was a great example of a good fit, no different than what we've been able to do coaching staff wise. We need to because we only won four games last year and we've got to be better this year."

Comment

• i'm hearing a lot of rumours that KC is the Dark Horse to trade for Brady Quinn since the Browns are shopping him.

anyone else hearing this?

Comment

• As a backup? I don't know. I don't want to give up a pick for Quinn lol, especially when we have Cassel as QB1 and Croyle as a competent backup. Doesn't make much sense.

Comment

As a backup? I don't know. I don't want to give up a pick for Quinn lol, especially when we have Cassel as QB1 and Croyle as a competent backup. Doesn't make much sense.
                        Mike Golic said this morning that the Chiefs were the dark horse, prolly because of the Weis connection.

and yeah, as backup, i think.

Comment

• Under no circumstances would I be ok with trading a draft pick for Brady Quinn. We haven't seen enough of Cassel to know what kind of a player he can be, we need to give him another year while providing him with a weapon and some protection.

Comment

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                            Under no circumstances would I be ok with trading a draft pick for Brady Quinn. We haven't seen enough of Cassel to know what kind of a player he can be, we need to give him another year while providing him with a weapon and some protection.
                            I second that notion. Cassel deserves a chance with a competent line and at least one WR that can catch the ball. If he struggles, then you make a move in another direction. Until that point, he is the man under center.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                              I second that notion. Cassel deserves a chance with a competent line and at least one WR that can catch the ball. If he struggles, then you make a move in another direction. Until that point, he is the man under center.

i agree.

Matt proved to me last year he can take a licking and keep on ticking.

as you said with a better oline and a wr that can hang on to the ball then we'll see if Cassel can improve on his accuracy.

Comment

• and if they are looking for accuracy, then Quinn has proven alot less than Cassel. Quinn career 52.1% last/best season 53.1%. Cassel 59.2% last season 55% best season 63.4%

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information