This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
    I didn't see a startling increase in zone blocking between when Johnson and Charles were touting the ball, what I did see was an increase in runs that were intended to be run outside for Charles, which makes sense since he is a smaller back than Johnson.
    The article said they didn't use ZBS at all when LJ was here. As they made the switch to JC, Haley increased the amount and complexity of the ZBS because it was appearant JC and the OLine were getting better with it. Towards the end of the season, we were almost primarily using ZBS. Think back to those "runs intended for the outside". The OLine would flow with Charles toward the sideline then Charles would cut it up field when he saw a hole. That's the purest form of a zone strech as you can find.

Comment

• I think we need to give Jamaal Charles a clever nick name. The one I like the most will only work with the current Chiefs coaching staff. Haley's Comet. I wish it was more universal, but I love the sound of it. Any other suggestions?

Comment

• Charles in charge.

Comment

• Haha I do like Haley's Comet and Charles in Charge. I'll try to get some creative juices flowing and see what comes up.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
            If we're going to a ZBS, I have a hard time believing we'll be drafting a guard in the first couple rounds esp. if we sign Lilja. Does Okung fit the ZBS? I definitely think this move rules out Bulaga.
            Okung would be a nice fit in the ZBS.
            Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

• Where has my boy T-RICH49 been?

Comment

• Yeah I haven't seen T-Rich in a while. Wonder what's goin on.

Comment

• Any one heard any thing on Lilja? I got nothing...

Edit: He is a Chief.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

:)
                  Last edited by Splat; 03-16-2010, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-with-chiefs/

Yay!

edit: Oh, Splat beat me!

Comment

• Zone blocking FTW!!!

Comment

• Now this is what Ive been talking about. We don't have to go out and sign the high priced guys in order to turn this roster around. Ryan Lilja is a great signing and will fit VERY VERY WELL at RG. I am with you guys in the belief that this and a few other signings points the Chiefs in another direction in round 1. Eric Berry, Rolando McClain and Dez Bryant seem like a better shot to get drafted than an OT, at least in round 1. I see them going toward an OT later in the draft.

Comment

• If Berry is off the board and Okang is sitting there I could see still them taking him but it would be more of a BPA move.

Comment

• So is O'Callaghan a starter material, or do we need to replace him?

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

So is O'Callaghan a starter material, or do we need to replace him?
                              I think he can be a solid starting RT, I thought his play improved as the season went on and this year he will be there for TC and pre season.

Comment

So is O'Callaghan a starter material, or do we need to replace him?
                                Oh I know he's good enough to start, he proved it. He was one of the better parts of our line last year, without workouts/TC and learning the schemes on the fly.

I full expect him to start at RT next year if we don't draft an OT 5th overall.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information