This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Man, watching that brings back a lot of memories.

And I really wish we had that offensive line again, they were so damn beastly, not to mention Tony Richardson who has been a gd stud his entire career.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Wow!! That was awesome to watch, agian. I got goosebumps watching it. That was really impressive. Everyone knew what we were going to do when we got the Red Zone and no one could stop it. If only we had a mediocre defense, we could have beaten Indy that year in the playoffs. Who knows? Thanx for posting that. I needed alittle reminder of what it WAS like at Arrowhead. We will get back there agian. I just hope it's sooner rather than later!

Comment

• You know, if the Chiefs draft somebody like a Russell Okung or a Bryan Bulaga instead of Eric Berry, you might get that kind of dominant offensive line again.

Substitute "Jamaal Charles" for "Priest Holmes" and boom, there you go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
            You know, if the Chiefs draft somebody like a Russell Okung or a Bryan Bulaga instead of Eric Berry, you might get that kind of dominant offensive line again.

Substitute "Jamaal Charles" for "Priest Holmes" and boom, there you go.
            I lol'd at this.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
              I lol'd at this.
              I did to. Okung I agree with, Bulaga not so much. Just a matter of opinion. Truth be told, I know my own luck. If the Chiefs drafted Bulaga, I would hate it. It wasn't a "sexy" enough pick for me, but I can assure you that because I don't like him and didn't agree with his selection, he would be a complete stud. All the players I have loved in the Chiefs past drafts haven't quite panned out so well, Dorsey (jury is still out. Much improvement between year 1 and 2), D Bowe, Derrick Johnson. The picks I haven't liked have been much better, Tyson Jackson (who knows? to early to tell), Tamba Hali, Larry Johnson. I have been right on a few occasions. I loved John Tait when we drafted him and I hated Ryan Sims.

Morton, you are right about making the Oline great. I just don't want to have it be another 2003 when we could have won the Super Bowl if only we had a defense good enough to make the other team punt at least once. As of now, the running game in the last 6 games of '09 looked alot like those highlights. Maybe we can build on that and do just as you suggested, substitute Jamaal for Priest.

Comment

• I'm starting to see everyone's point on Bulaga..Not a Top 5 IMO...But honestly, I don't see how we can pass up on Okung. He's the definition of a franchise tackle. If Okung isn't there, try to trade down to a team looking to lock up a QB.

Okung would be my first choice. But if he's not available and we can't trade down (A very likely scenario), then I would focus my attention on McClain, Berry, JPP, and give some thought to Joe Haden. JPP doesn't seem like a "Pioli"-type player, and I have a hard time believing we would take a DB in the top 5 given Pioli's history (letting Asante Samuel walk, etc.).

So to recap, Okung or McClain are my top 2 choices. And I think all this Bulaga talk might be a smokescreen to prevent people from jumping in front of us to grab Okung before us.
                Last edited by adschofield; 03-25-2010, 07:24 PM.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Okung still gives me Trezelle Jenkins flashbacks.

Comment

Man, watching that brings back a lot of memories.

And I really wish we had that offensive line again, they were so damn beastly, not to mention Tony Richardson who has been a gd stud his entire career.
                    Willie Roaf and Will Shields were possibly the two best at their positions I've ever seen.
                    No excuse for these players being left out of the Hall of Fame:
                    QB Ken Anderson
                    DT Alex Karras
                    LB Chuck Howley

Comment

• If the Chiefs are going to draft a tackle, am I the only one who would rather have Trent Williams over Bulaga?

Comment

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                        If the Chiefs are going to draft a tackle, am I the only one who would rather have Trent Williams over Bulaga?
                        Kiper agrees with you!

Of course there are some of us who don't believe the Chiefs will take a tackle in the first round.

Comment

• ONLY, and thats a caps lock ONLY, if he is at RT not LT AND if we trade down a few spots. I don't think #5 is the spot to draft a RT unless you thought he could play LT.

Comment

• If we absolutely have to draft a tackle, and Okung is off the board, yes, I'd much rather have Trent Williams over Bryan Bulaga.

Comment

If we absolutely have to draft a tackle, and Okung is off the board, yes, I'd much rather have Trent Williams over Bryan Bulaga.
                              Why is that? Are they that much different? I for one would almost rather reach for Dan Williams that have two left tackles on our team. At least with Williams you fill an immediate need.
                              hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

If we absolutely have to draft a tackle, and Okung is off the board, yes, I'd much rather have Trent Williams over Bryan Bulaga.
                                This is my sentiment as well. The Chiefs absolutely must draft defensive help at 5, and I'm talking about Berry or McClain, not Dan Williams. I'm suspicious of late post-season rises like he has had. Berry and McClain have a history of showing up on game day.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information