This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaither could be available for less than first round pick

It sounds like they would take a high second for him, I would think long and hard about doing this if I was the Chiefs.

It would free them up to do what ever they want in the first and with their or second round pick.

Comment

• I remember Gaither, he went into the supplemental draft right? Dude didn't give up a sack in his freshman or sophmore year(something crazy like that). He also played both right and left tackle. That'd be even better if they took ATL's pick.
      hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• I can't understand why the Raven's would let him go for less than a 1st. If there is not an issue with him off the field or with an injury it would be a move I would make in a heartbeat. He's more proven than any of the tackles at 5 and would immediatley upgrade our offense. I'm anxious to see if anything develops.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
          I can't understand why the Raven's would let him go for less than a 1st. If there is not an issue with him off the field or with an injury it would be a move I would make in a heartbeat. He's more proven than any of the tackles at 5 and would immediatley upgrade our offense. I'm anxious to see if anything develops.
          Gaither is a good player, I would be wary about why the Ravens would be willing to part with him so easily. Newsome is a shrewd dude, if he sees a problem and is trying to sell high the Chiefs need to figure out what the deal is.

Comment

• Yeah I agree with that.. something is fishy here. I get that they just drafted Oher, and believe that he could be the guy on the left side for a long time, but you need two tackles.

I wouldn't touch him at this point just for that reason. What's the old saying? If it looks too good to be true it probably is.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• How do you know they don't just want more draft picks? They did give up a 3rd and a 4th for Boldin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                How do you know they don't just want more draft picks? They did give up a 3rd and a 4th for Boldin.
                This is the answer to me. They don't want to pay the money for a contract extention to Gaither because they have Oher standing by ready to take over LT. So, they have him for one more year and need to get max value for him. Think about their defense. Their window of being a good defense and good offense together is very quickly closing. Ozzie is a shrewd business man and he knows how long this current defense will last. He needs premium draft picks to replace the older players or add to the older player for the last couple of runs they are trying to make.

If Gaither is available for the 2a, then the Chiefs should do it. He is more proven than anyone in the draft and can play LT or RT. I don't know that the 2b would be high enough for the Ravens. It sounds like they want one of the CBs that will fall out of round 1. To me, it's a win win deal. Everyone goes home happy (as long as the Chiefs get him signed long term). It will make it easier to trade down in round 1 if we don't feel like we have to take a Okung or Bulaga, if they are avialable.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                  This is the answer to me. They don't want to pay the money for a contract extention to Gaither because they have Oher standing by ready to take over LT. So, they have him for one more year and need to get max value for him. Think about their defense. Their window of being a good defense and good offense together is very quickly closing. Ozzie is a shrewd business man and he knows how long this current defense will last. He needs premium draft picks to replace the older players or add to the older player for the last couple of runs they are trying to make.

If Gaither is available for the 2a, then the Chiefs should do it. He is more proven than anyone in the draft and can play LT or RT. I don't know that the 2b would be high enough for the Ravens. It sounds like they want one of the CBs that will fall out of round 1. To me, it's a win win deal. Everyone goes home happy (as long as the Chiefs get him signed long term). It will make it easier to trade down in round 1 if we don't feel like we have to take a Okung or Bulaga, if they are avialable.
                  I don't know, the Ravens have just about all the pieces ready for a Super Bowl run, I think they'd be stupid to move Gaither right now.

However, if they are just looking for more picks than I absolutely would be ok with giving up 2a for him and moving Albert to right tackle.

Comment

• Gaither only has one year left on his deal and I do not think B-More plans on locking him up long term, they can get something for him now or nothing later.

Comment

• Pre season games.

Game #1 at Atlanta Falcons Georgia Dome KCTV5

Game #2 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium KCTV5

GAME #3 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ARROWHEAD STADIUM KCTV5

GAME #4 GREEN BAY PACKERS ARROWHEAD STADIUM KCTV5

Comment

• [QUOTE=villagewarrior;2096257]I don't know, the Ravens have just about all the pieces ready for a Super Bowl run, I think they'd be stupid to move Gaither right now.QUOTE]

Gaither was injured in the beginning of the season and they moved Oher to LT and Yanda stepped in at RT and did very well. If they can get a premium pick for a player that don't need and most likely won't re-sign to a big $$$ contract, then they will ship him off. Adding more young pieces to the defense is more important than having 2 players that can play LT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                          Pre season games.

Game #1 at Atlanta Falcons Georgia Dome KCTV5

Game #2 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium KCTV5

GAME #3 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ARROWHEAD STADIUM KCTV5

GAME #4 GREEN BAY PACKERS ARROWHEAD STADIUM KCTV5
                          Ah Yes, Game #2, The Bay Of Pigs 2010 style!

Preseason games are so overrated (if that's possible). I always give the tickets away. Not that long ago, people wanted them and thanked me. Now, I have a hard time giving them away. No one wants to pay $7.50 for beer, $4.50 for hotdog, $5.50 for Coke and not to mention the price of parking for a game that even the players don't care about.

Comment

Preseason games are so overrated (if that's possible). I always give the tickets away. Not that long ago, people wanted them and thanked me. Now, I have a hard time giving them away. No one wants to pay $7.50 for beer, $4.50 for hotdog, $5.50 for Coke and not to mention the price of parking for a game that even the players don't care about.
                            You can send them to me I will take them. :)

Q & A with Flower Power.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...3-6e89dd0d59a9

Comment

I will be at every homegame this year (including pre-season.. yay season tickets for Christmas present!) so you should let me buy you a beer. :)

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Is it bad if I root for Bulaga to KC ?

:D

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information