This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
    I would give up one of our 5ths for Ted Ginn. With the acquisition of Brandon Marshall today they'll be looking harder than ever to deal him.

I don't quite agree about his slot duties, but he is definitely a keeper at kr/pr. Maybe working with Weis could help him improve as an actual receiver, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Just looking back at history guys, but Dante Hall made us thee most dangerous special teams unit in the league. Ted Ginn is a younger version of Hall. He's definately worth a gamble with a fifth round pick. That's just on returning alone. You keep JC off the field is yet another added bonus and we fill a need with a pick that has a low chance of frutrtion.
    hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• At the very least, he could be KC's David Patten... Worth a 5th (what his college teammate was dealt for)...easily. I'd dangle a 4th if the Dolphins threw in a 6th.

Comment

• I would rather have Shipley a guy that can be are KR/PR and would be great in the slot with his sure hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
          I would rather have Shipley a guy that can be are KR/PR and would be great in the slot with his sure hands.
          Shipley is unproven in the NFL as a return man, I'd rather spend a 5th an get the proven commodity in Ted Ginn, who I heard was just 25 years old so the Chiefs would have an opportunity to control him for a long time.

Also, if the Chiefs are to draft a wide receiver, I'd rather use a 2 and pick up Damian Williams. I am very high on that cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
            Shipley is unproven in the NFL as a return man, I'd rather spend a 5th an get the proven commodity in Ted Ginn, who I heard was just 25 years old so the Chiefs would have an opportunity to control him for a long time.

Also, if the Chiefs are to draft a wide receiver, I'd rather use a 2 and pick up Damian Williams. I am very high on that cat.
            Ginn is only 8 months older than Shipley. I'll take Ginn over a 25 year old rookie.

Comment

• Have any of you seen Ginn play? And I'm not talking on Madden.

Comment

Have any of you seen Ginn play? And I'm not talking on Madden.
                I know what your saying, but you can't tell me getting out of Miami wouldn't take a huge burden off of him? He will never succeed there and that is apparent. With the pressure of being in Miami off his shoulders, who knows what he could be capable of.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. For a 5th round pick, his cost/risk value is very good. And you can't argue his returning skills. They are proven in the NFL and that alone could be worth a 5th for a kid that's only 25.

Comment

• Ted Ginn averages 23 yards per kick return and has over 3000 yards on returns in his 3 years. We're talking about a fifth of the field knocked out by 1 play which undoubtedly would improve the offense's starting field position. He has shown the ability to return punts as well, just wasn't asked to do much in Miami. I would give up a 5th round pick for that track record as a return man and any offensive production is gravy.

Comment

• Agree with what was stated above. I also think you have to have realistic expectations of him. He was never going to be a 100 reception and 1,200 yard guy like you would expect out of a top 10 pick. That was a fault of Miami for drafting him so high. If you are talking about a guy who might get you 600 yards with a couple of big plays and maybe open the field for other recievers then I think you have to take a shot. You may get that in the 5th round, but this seems a lot less risky.

Comment

• I think what killed the Chiefs was not having a sure handed slot WR, That is why I would prefer a player like Shipley who would not only help on SPT but would be a threat in the passing game.

I look for Bowe to improve and I love that CC is back but they don't have any one that can man the slot.

Comment

• Ted Ginn, on the Chiefs, would be PRIMARILY a special teams guy with the ability to stretch the field. No one is saying that we couldn't go out and also get Shipley, or another WR.. quite the opposite. Ginn would be thrown into 4 receiver sets and create mismatches as well as being a dynamic return man.

If they'd take a 5th I see no reason we shouldn't do it.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• He was the 9th pick in the draft I don't see the Chiefs taking on that deal for a guy that would only be their 4th WR.

Comment

He was the 9th pick in the draft I don't see the Chiefs taking on that deal for a guy that would only be their 4th WR.

Most years I would agree, but we are not capped and he is in the back end of a front loaded deal. We have been 30 million under the cap the last few seasons. Money should be the last issue that should be considered on Ginn.

Comment

• How about he can't catch? :)

Sorry guys I just can't be in favor of this move if it happens I will support him and the Chiefs but I wouldn't do it.

Comment

• This is a very low risk situation.

Like I said, he wouldn't be the slot guy, he'd be the KR/PR guy and possibly 4th receiver. Some end arounds, quick screens, but not a main part of the offense.

It's a no lose situation. If the opportunity presented itself, I think we'd have to do it.

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information