Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Kansas City Chiefs General Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports Kansas City Chiefs restricted free-agent LB Corey Mays has signed his one-year, $1.759 million tender offer.

    Comment


    • SD at KC MNF first game of the year.:(

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Splat View Post
        SD at KC MNF first game of the year.:(
        Sad face? This is our first nationally televised game in years. Extra awesome for those of us outside KC.



        sig by BoneKrusher

        Originally posted by BuckNaked
        Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Splat View Post
          SD at KC MNF first game of the year.:(
          Big fun! I'll be getting my tickets and red pass to this one for sure.

          Comment


          • The last MNF game I went to was 2000 agianst the Seahawks. It has been way to long and a new generation of Chiefs fans has never felt the electricity of Arrowhead on MNF. I know we only got it for the renovated stadium, but it will be fantastic!

            Comment


            • Nice article in the Star today in regards to safeties in general and Eric Berry in particular.
              As I've been watching game film of him, the Chiefs could certainly do worse at number 5. He's not a big hitter, but is really, really fast and seems to be in on nearly every play, kinda like Polamalu. Considering that he would be replacing Brown, who couldn't even find the play if given a map, it's an instantaneous massive upgrade.
              I was at the Browns game where we made Harrison and Cribbs look like Hall of Fame locks, and Brown/Leggett/Washington whatever other safety was thrown out there (McGraw was injured) looked like they were just lost.

              Comment


              • maybe our new NT??? I don't know how he fits in a 34, but I know he has the size!

                http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12878976699

                Plus, it allows the Chiefs to right a wrong from along time ago. John Henderson was available when the Chiefs drafted Ryan Sims. John could have been a Chief this whole time

                Comment


                • Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                  maybe our new NT??? I don't know how he fits in a 34, but I know he has the size!

                  http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12878976699

                  Plus, it allows the Chiefs to right a wrong from along time ago. John Henderson was available when the Chiefs drafted Ryan Sims. John could have been a Chief this whole time
                  was gonna mention this.Henderson would be a great NT IMO

                  Comment


                  • His height (rotworld listed him at 6'7" 335lbs) may be an issue (very high center of gravity and lose alot in leverage), but you know he will command a double team every down. Occupying blockers and stoping the run are jobs #1 and #2 for a NT. I know he has succeed at both in the NFL. The third and only slightly less important job is pushing the middle of the pocket backwards on passing downs. This doesn't allow the QB to "step up into throws" and allows the blitzing OLBs and easier time to sack the QB (the deeper the QB goes into the pocket, the less of a hard angle the bliters have to take and they get to the QB much faster). John Henderson would be a 3 down NT, IMO. I would love to sign him.

                    Using height as an issue not to sign a good football player is being really picky.
                    Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan; 04-26-2010, 09:25 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                      His height (rotworld listed him at 6'7" 335lbs) may be an issue (very high center of gravity and lose alot in leverage), but you know he will command a double team every down. Occupying blockers and stoping the run are jobs #1 and #2 for a NT. I know he has succeed at both in the NFL. The third and only slightly less important job is pushing the middle of the pocket backwards on passing downs. This doesn't allow the QB to "step up into throws" and allows the blitzing OLBs and easier time to sack the QB (the deeper the QB goes into the pocket, the less of a hard angle the bliters have to take and they get to the QB much faster). John Henderson would be a 3 down NT, IMO. I would love to sign him.

                      Using height as an issue not to sign a good football player is being really picky.
                      I thought the same thing this morning also when I seen he was available. I hear that the Giants will likely show a lot of interest as well as some other 4-3 teams. Hard to tell if he will be interested in us. I could see us having an interest in Adalius Thomas depending on Romeo's experience with him in New England. Either way I do hope we make some additions to our front 7. Now I'm just crossing my fingers on Jamal Brown being released in New Orleans.

                      Comment


                      • Actually, Romeo has no experience with Adalius at all. Thomas was with the Ravens before signing as a FA with the Pats and this was after Romeo had left. It is a much higher probability Thomas signs with the Jets. They need pass rush help and Rex Ryan is very familiar with Adalius' talent. He did create the defense that made Thomas alot of money. Plus, he would get to play against Belichick twice a year just to prove him wrong.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                          Actually, Romeo has no experience with Adalius at all. Thomas was with the Ravens before signing as a FA with the Pats and this was after Romeo had left. It is a much higher probability Thomas signs with the Jets. They need pass rush help and Rex Ryan is very familiar with Adalius' talent. He did create the defense that made Thomas alot of money. Plus, he would get to play against Belichick twice a year just to prove him wrong.

                          Good points. For whatever reason I thought Romeo was there when they signed him to that big contract. Probably a pipe dream, but I'm just wanting us to add some more players to this team.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                            His height (rotworld listed him at 6'7" 335lbs) may be an issue (very high center of gravity and lose alot in leverage), but you know he will command a double team every down. Occupying blockers and stoping the run are jobs #1 and #2 for a NT. I know he has succeed at both in the NFL. The third and only slightly less important job is pushing the middle of the pocket backwards on passing downs. This doesn't allow the QB to "step up into throws" and allows the blitzing OLBs and easier time to sack the QB (the deeper the QB goes into the pocket, the less of a hard angle the bliters have to take and they get to the QB much faster). John Henderson would be a 3 down NT, IMO. I would love to sign him.

                            Using height as an issue not to sign a good football player is being really picky.
                            It'd be an issue for a young player, but Henderson can handle the challenges of his height. Ted Washington was 6'5.

                            Comment


                            • Sounds like the Giants are all ready showing a interest I think it's a long shot.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nepg View Post
                                It'd be an issue for a young player, but Henderson can handle the challenges of his height. Ted Washington was 6'5.
                                Thank you. There is another thread (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40987) where I have said that Hendersons size won't hurt him as a NT, but some people are adamant that his only fit in a 34 would be DE. I don't know everything about football, but I'm not an idiot either. He seems to be a very good fit for 34 NT even if at his age you had to rotate him in and out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information