Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN is reporting that Henderson is visiting KC tomorrow. I would love to see something worked out here. (It's insider stuff so I don't want to post the link).

Comment

• That would be a great pick up he is not the player he once was but would still be a upgrade.

Comment

• Tis true.

Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:59:36 -0400

The Kansas City Chiefs are scheduled to meet with unrestricted free-agent DT John Henderson (Jaguars) Tuesday, April 27, his agent told Newsday's Tom Rock.

Comment

• Nick Wright interviewed John Henderson today just after it came out he was coming to KC. It's on the homepage.

http://www.610sports.com/

Heres the slap footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAN9qsRGQts

just listened to the interveiw and he says all the right things. Scott, get him signed up. Don't let him get back on that plane. Personally, I think Arthur Bryant's maybe the thing that gets him here. 6'7" 335 the dude is a monster and doesn't really fit through normal doors.
          Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan; 04-26-2010, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• I don't know guys, wasn't he dropped out of jacksonville because he has the label of a "cancer". I don't see it happening especially since we just drafted everyone's team captains
            hate him back, it works for me.

Comment

• I may just be ill-informed, but I have heard no stories about being a locker room cancer. I will do some digging and see what I come up with. Maybe someone else has seen/heard a story to the contrary.

Comment

• I don't like Henderson as a NT and I don't like the idea of moving Dorsey there. I wouldn't mind Henderson as a rotational 34 DE type of guy at all, but the alternative seems silly.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• You may be right about him playing NT. I guess since that is where I perceive the Chiefs have the biggest hole, I just want a really big guy (John Henderson) to fill it. On a side, I hope to never use that sentence again. I really don't want a guy, espcially a really big guy to fill any holes. Theres alittle homophobia for the thread. Sorry. Anyway, I think John cold be the best fix to our biggest problem. However, we have heard Dorsey's name being bandied about at NT. This came long before Henderson or the draft. Maybe it's a real possibilty. Put 20 lbs on him and he would have the body for it. I hope his fractured tibia is ok, because the added weight would make it easier to reinjure. It just seems weird to make Dorsey put on wieght and ask Henderson to lose a couple lbs. People much smarter about football will make the choice.

Your right, the main point of adding anyone is making the run defense better. Whether it be adding a DE and moving Dorsey or adding a NT.

Comment

• I've always felt Dorsey could be gradually transitioned to NT a la Jay Ratliff. He's strong enough, and now has a year of this defensive scheme under his belt, so should understand the job better. We'll see him at NT in passing situations...

Comment

• Yeah, I like putting 3 first round picks along the defensive line (Jackson-Dorsey-Henderson) and I absolutely would plug Henderson in at right DE. I think the impact he could have on the Chiefs young defensive linemen could be huge in teaching them how to prepare year round to be an NFL lineman.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                        I don't like Henderson as a NT and I don't like the idea of moving Dorsey there. I wouldn't mind Henderson as a rotational 34 DE type of guy at all, but the alternative seems silly.
                        Sillier than another year of Ron Edwards at nose tackle? I agree that Henderson isn't an ideal fit at NT and Dorsey isn't either but when the alternative is another year of Ron Edwards playing a position he's less suited for than Henderson; I'm up for that.

Comment

• Henderson > Edwards

I think Edwards is better then some Chiefs fans think but he would be better rotating then starting.

Henderson,Edwards and Smith would be so much better then what they had to work with last year.
                          Last edited by Splat; 04-27-2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMatriculator View Post
                            Sillier than another year of Ron Edwards at nose tackle? I agree that Henderson isn't an ideal fit at NT and Dorsey isn't either but when the alternative is another year of Ron Edwards playing a position he's less suited for than Henderson; I'm up for that.
                            I meant I'd rather have Henderson as the NT than asking Dorsey to bulk up a bit and play the NT role. Dorsey played well at 34DE.. so well that I think he could really succeed there with Crennel coaching him up because the man can coach a defensive line.

And while I don't love the NT fit, I'd love to have him playing it over just Edwards/Smith. I'd throw as many big bodies in there as we can until one sticks.

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                              I meant I'd rather have Henderson as the NT than asking Dorsey to bulk up a bit and play the NT role. Dorsey played well at 34DE.. so well that I think he could really succeed there with Crennel coaching him up because the man can coach a defensive line.

And while I don't love the NT fit, I'd love to have him playing it over just Edwards/Smith. I'd throw as many big bodies in there as we can until one sticks.
                              Couldn't have said it better myself. Dorsey bulking up really worries me. That could be a detriment to his progress. Plus, 3 years, 3 positions, 3 schemes isn't the best way to help Dorsey succeed.

I love the line, "throw as many big bodies in there as we can until one sticks." Laws of averages says one would have to eventually work out, right?

Comment

• Numbers.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...9-d5db05ee969c

#29 – Eric Berry
                                #22 – Dexter McCluster
                                #30 – Javier Arenas
                                #73 – Jon Asamoah
                                #81 – Tony Moeaki
                                #49 – Kendrick Lewis
                                #55 – Cameron Sheffield

#68 – Garrett Brown
                                #57 – Justin Cole
                                #89 – T.C. Drake
                                #69 – Tyler Eastman
                                #13 – Rich Gunnell